mtbr member
    Nov 2008

Needed! Suspension fork w/ 1" diameter steer tube.

Hi All-

I am looking for a suspension fork for an old MTB. I need a 1" steer tube w/ a steerer length of at least 9 inches. I have an old Rock Shox Judy w/ a 1" diameter steer tube but the steerer length is too short (only about 7 inches) so I could also swap out the crown & steerer assembly of a Rock Shox Judy from the 1995-96 era as well IF I could find a crown & steerer with 1" inch diameter that is 9 inches long.

Anyway, I just thought someone might have some old stuff laying around like I do & want to sell it. Please let me know if you have something or have any suggestions on where I might look for such as I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks!
    Last edited by oakleymart; 11-02-2008 at 09:03 AM. Reason: typo

addict

pre 98 marzocchi

would probably work for you. They have removable steerer tubes and I found a new 1" threadless steerer at speedgoat. Hope that helps.

squish is good
    Quote Originally Posted by oakleymart
    Hi All-

I am looking for a suspension fork for an old MTB. I need a 1" steer tube w/ a steerer length of at least 9 inches. I have an old Rock Shox Judy w/ a 1" diameter steer tube but the steerer length is too short (only about 7 inches) so I could also swap out the crown & steerer assembly of a Rock Shox Judy from the 1995-96 era as well IF I could find a crown & steerer with 1" inch diameter that is 9 inches long.

Anyway, I just thought someone might have some old stuff laying around like I do & want to sell it. Please let me know if you have something or have any suggestions on where I might look for such as I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks!
    Not an All Mountain kind of subject just to let you know. Try the vintage bikes and suspension forums. Maybe general discussion as well. Best of luck to you!
    Bike good, work bad.

Like the others said, although Marzocchi did sell 1" steerer tube forks until a few years ago, but could be pretty hard to find one of those...
    "...the people get the government they deserve..."
    suum quique

I Love my Rize
    You can get a RST Omega Tnl 100 mm fork and put any steerer on it as they have a removable steerer and sell every kind of steerer for it. Great fork for the money I have one on my 96 C-Dale M500 and it kicks butt. Has a turnkey lockout also and preload adjustment. The fork locks out solid with a blow off valve. I'm on my second one. The first one lasted 3 years of mega abuse. I just installed the 08 model and they improved them big time. The first fork was a Omega SL with a push button lockout. They are WAY BETTER than a Rock Shox dart 3 and cheaper also. I highly recommend them for a good cheap fork or most important a good fork available for a 1 inch steerer threaded or non threaded. I use a profile design one inch threaded to 1 1/8 threadless adapter and I can use all the cool stem now and it is way stronger as the alloy adapter sinks all they way down the steerer tube. If you want info on them I will post a coupla links for what you need just tell me what flavor steerer fit's you needs.
    Early to bed early to RIZE makes a man healthy, wealthy <(scratch that) and wize.

RIGHTY on a LEFTY

mtbr member
    Oct 2008

Still have that Judy?

Did you ever find a solution to your problem? I am looking for a 1" steer tube fork as well for my 1990 Cdale M600. Having a hard time. I was wondering if you would like to part with that Judy shock? The steer tube would be just about right for my application.
    Thanks

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Check your PM...

mtbr member
    Nov 2009

Also in search of a 1" threaded suspension fork

Hello,

I also find I'm in the hunt for a new or used 1" threaded suspension fork to replace a Specialized "Future Shock" (era 1994). I understand these are hard to come by. I measured the distance from the top of the fork to the top locknut on the headset and it is 13 cm. Any leads or pointers to where I might find a suitable replacement is welcome. Is there some outfit which refurbishes old suspension forks? I've done some online research and see that these periodically surface on ebay. Are there other sites where people trade/sell these parts? The reviews for the RST and Suntour shocks are not very good. Doesn't sound like they will hold up to any repeated singletrack use (lots of tree roots on my local trails)

Regards,

PG

mtbr member
    Oct 2008

1" steer tube Marzocchi fork

Hey there,
    You are right. They aren't that hard to find but when they pop up, they sometimes require a bit of money. The last year that anyone made a good 1" shock was 2005 so there are still plenty out there. You can pretty much rebuild any shock but make it worth your time and/or money and find a decent shock to rebuild. I bought a 1" 1998 marzocchi bomber spring on here for 50 bucks and it is one nice shock. Wait around on here and put some feelers out and someone will hook you up. Good luck

mtbr member
    Nov 2009

Suspension fork with 1inch steerer tube FOUND

Hey, I've been researching the same inquiry (for my mid/late 90s Bontrager Privateer) for the last week and I just came across this on amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/RST-T5-Suspens...ef=pd_sbs_sg_1

Check the similar products below the description for other forks.

I'm looking to replace a flat Rock Shox Quadra 21R with this. Any thoughts?

Its got what plants crave
    I think what you need is a new bike
    Ocala Mountain Bike Association - www.omba.org

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    touché