slap happy

need some opinions...frame related

ok so i'm hoping the regulars here can give me some direction. i'm currently riding a jamis parker 1, which for the money is a decent bike, and i like it but it's a med frame and i should have gone large.

i've been eyeballing the intense tracer vp frame for the last couple weeks, and i think this is the frame i'm going to get. here's my dilemna:
    do i buy the frame/shock from jenson and ride the parker while i outfit this bike with all of the good stuff, or should i install everything i can off of the parker so i can ride the intense this year, and then upgrade it as i go?

i guess what i'm asking is, is it even worth putting mediocre equipment on such nice frameset?

fwiw, when i order the frame/rear shock from jenson i'm also going to get the fork at the same time, probably a RS Totem.
    Consequences dictate our course of action and it doesn't matter what's right. It's only wrong if you get caught.

T.W.O.
    Totem, nice!!! yeah by all mean swap them. I don't know what size rotor you are running in the front on the parker but Totem you'd probably want to run at least 180mm. Up grade as you go is a good way to keep your bike feeling fresh.

slap happy
    right now i've got 7" rotor on the front and 6" on the rear, Hayes stroker rydes. i'll be putting nicer brakes on the intense for sure.
    i've just got to sell some of my equipment from my other hobby to fund this tracer.
    Consequences dictate our course of action and it doesn't matter what's right. It's only wrong if you get caught.

mtbr member
    Just look at the specs of the parker...not bad at all, you could start with theses components and upgrade as you get the $$ to do it.
    but if you can rist being out of a bike for some time, sell the jamis and buy new parts with the $$$.

cycle dad
    The most important part to make the frame work is the fork. The rotor too, but other than that, yeah. Switch it up. My brother is dying to get that same frame but he has to wait because he's buying a house. Be sure to post up a pic of the build as you go.

slap happy
    aight, you all have talked me into it. i shudder to think about spending the same amount of money on my fork as the frame, but i guess it's worth it.

i'll keep you all posted.

cycle dad
    You could go used if you want to save money.

slap happy
    nah, i'm spoiled that way. i hate used stuff

cycle dad
    I'm glad, because it means more used stuff for me.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Totem on a Tracer?

T.W.O.
    What kind of riding do you plan to do with this tracer, IMO Totem is better served to a different master like Uzzi, Lyrik DH may be a better fit both strength and weight to Tracer.

slap happy
    Quote Originally Posted by fsrxc
    Totem on a Tracer?
    why not?

usually cranky
    Quote Originally Posted by istandalone
    why not?
    it will work, it will look bad ass, but honesty thats overgunning the frame if its gonna be an am bike. id go for a lyric or 36 but its your build.

T.W.O
    Quote Originally Posted by b-kul
    it will work, it will look bad ass, but honesty thats overgunning the frame if its gonna be an am bike. id go for a lyric or 36 but its your build.
    It's all about looking badass and you know that... big forks karate chop trees in half.

BTW I am a rapper, nbd.

cycle dad
    Lyrik!!!!

slap happy
    yea yea, the Lyrik is looking better anyway...i can get it cheaper lol.