CanadianKona

New question here. Need a new Bottom Bracket

I've got a crapyy race face srx that is quite new and it's already creaking. What would be a good choice for an all mtn and light freeride bike for under 75$

What about a Crank Brothers Cobalt CR ?

mtbr member
    By far the longest lasting Isis BB I've ever used was the TruVativ Giga Pipe DH. Kinda heavy, but bombproof, stupid reliable, and pretty cheap.

mtbr member
    Crank Brothers Cobalt have a 5 year warranty and sell for about $75. I am running 2 of them and I don't really have a ton of miles on either one yet, but so far so good. It is pretty hard to go wrong with a warranty that long.

The SKF BXC 300 sells for about $50, the BXC 600 sells for about $130. I haven't run one yet, but I have heard nothing but good things about the SKF ISIS bottom brackets. I have used lots of SKF bearings over the years and they make quality stuff. I will be putting a BXC 600 in my singlespeed as soon as the TruVativ Giga Pipe that is in it fails again.
    I'm not very smart, but I can lift heavy things

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadianKona
    I've got a crapyy race face srx that is quite new and it's already creaking. What would be a good choice for an all mtn and light freeride bike for under 75$

What about a Crank Brothers Cobalt CR ?
    If the srx is an ISIS bb remove crank arms and grease the spindle ends and the crank arms and torque bolts properly. Many times it just needs a good lube.
    Also make sure no water is in the BB shell.

Mr.
    mtbr member

yup

Quote Originally Posted by wormvine
    If the srx is an ISIS bb remove crank arms and grease the spindle ends and the crank arms and torque bolts properly. Many times it just needs a good lube.
    Also make sure no water is in the BB shell.
    I second this suggestion! Sounds like you just need some grease between the arms and the spindle...
    If you can grab a fistfull of belly in your hand, does that mean you're fat?

CanadianKona
    ok, i'll give that a shot and let you know what happens

thanks

Members who have read this thread: 0