mtbr member
    Feb 2008

Need help with a 2009 GT Sanction 3.0 frame build.Any ideas?

I wanna go cheap, but not at the expense of lowered performance. I'm starting from scratch more or less...i have a Race Face XC Ride crank (don't need pedals-have already),and thinking of Flow rims...but is there another rear hub for it other than a 12mil maxle Saint?
    Mainly need fork and shock suggestions...I'm a 250lb.Clyde.
    i have more than you.
    ...because i have me and you.

zarr

I'm with stupid
    I picked up a domain 318 at 160mm for mine and really like it. Its a bit heavy but strong and stiff.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008

Two different takes....

I'm really thinking I might put a 29er fork and wheel up front of this build.Here's why...
    Well,the first thing I'm considering is the type of riding I'll most likely will be doing.
    I am a recent amputee (I lost my foot-below the knee amputation).
    So most likely I won't be doing any "extreme" riding, so having a 100 or 120mil 29er fork will prolly be OK. I already have the fork, so I'll save money there.The frame I got was a XL, which is one size bigger than I usually use...but after finding out the standover height works fine, I didn't worry about that.Then I thought about the length of the top tube,which is somewhat longer than I normally use...but not much. The extra length turns out to be perfect...because I have large feet, so the extra length will help to eliminate toe overlap.
    ...So there's one take on building a "96er", with a 6 inch rear squish and a 4 or possibly 5 inch front squish and the benefit of a big 29er wheel up front.

...And if it doesn't work...I'll go 26er straight up.
    ...trying to decide......
    i have more than you.
    ...because i have me and you.

zarr