mtbr member

Need an Enduro style helmet for Oval/Egg Head

Been eyeing the new Bell Super Enduro Helmet but unfortunately its designed for a round head and I have a oval head (long front to back, but narrow side to side). Been thinking of checking out the new Troy Lee Helmet but jeez $165!. Anyone have any feedback?

mtbr member
    I don't know about oval head compatibility thing.
    But, there are some good deals right now on last years POC trabec.
    several online shops doing them for $70...

mtbr member

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    Giro and Bell are essentially the same company, Bell for the round and square heads, Giro for the oblong and narrow heads. Does Giro have an equivalent helmet? It won't be long until they do if they don't already.

mtbr member
    I have an oval/egg head and Im running the POC Trabec XL/XXL. It fits pretty good. The front to back fit is great. The fit to the back of my head is also great. In the front its not particularly good, its a bit loose around the temples. I guess my head is narrower there than for most people.

Because of the space around either temple I tend to keep the back adjustment pretty tight to reduce the helmet shifting in the front. I got used to it pretty quick and overall Im pretty content.
    6'5" 230lbs
    My Build: Vitalmtb - Bike Check

Wait for me!
    I have an oblong dome, I wear a Giro Feature. Fits great and falls in the "Enduro" style category. I should also mention I have a fairly skinny face, and it doesn't look like I'm wearing a bowl on my head.

Feature Mountain Bike Helmet White / Gray Evil

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    i have a more round head and the new Troy Lee Helmet fits like a glove, although i havent pulled the trigger yet, currently rocking a Giro Xar, and specialized helmets also fit well.

one of my friends has had really good luck with Lazer helmets, this one may fit the bill for you, also has an optional integrated go pro mount.

He was also rocking the urge endur-o-matic until he lost it, and is now back with a lazer. i know giro and specialized do not fit him well. dont think he has tried on a Troy Lee.
    Juice

mtbr member
    Good feedbak so far. I like the POC but man everytime I see somebody with them it looks so trendy because of its specific unique look. But Function over form so if it actually fits my head I''ll go check it out somewhere that stocks em. Its crazy how none of these manufacturers really tell you what shape head they are designed around, etc. Makes it frustrating.

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    From trying most of the varieties on, from round to oval, I have found: Bell (I expect the Super will fit this way), Troy Lee, Giro Feature, Urge, POC, Fox. The Troy Lee, Giro, and Urge helmets fit me the best. I have an Urge Enduro Matic and I love it! My wife has a rounder head and is waiting for the Bell Super. If it doesn't fit, she is getting the Troy Lee.

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Yep, Giro Feature it is. And Giro Remedy if you are really serious (full face .

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    Another vote for POC Trabec here. For full-face, I've got a Specialized Deviant.