mtbr member

Need advice on a BMC Trailfox TF02 sand

http://www.bikester.co.uk/bicycles/f...fs/223735.html

So the question is I want to buy this bike and I found it for 1500 euro. I have all slx stuff at home for the bike already off of my old bike. Now the question is the fork rock shox 335 140mm is that total crap? Will I be happy with this fork? I live in Flensburg Germany not alot of huge hills but we have some. I cant thrash my XC bike at all for fear of breaking it as it is very light. I come from a Yamaha yz 250 back ground so I have experience on 2 wheels so do you guys think the fork will be ok for a year or 2 ? This will be my first full suspension bike my other bike is a Focus Black Forest with a fox 32f100 fulcrum redmetal 5 wheels and slx xt parts. So any comments or advice would be great thanks

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    I have a 2009 SF02 and really like it. It came with a Marz fork and I have not ridden a RS Recon so I cannot give you any feedback on the fork but I will say that you need to replace the seatpost. No matter how tight I crank to bold the seat starts to tilt up on rides.

mtbr member

Good job!

Is the bike good for XC and AM? I still have a XC bike I would like to have a bike I could thrash more

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    The TrailFox is more of a trail bike than AM. But if you ride from the bottom of a mountain to the top and back down, then it will be an AM.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    I would slot it in on the XC side of AM and not the FR side, if that makes sense. So I guess you could call is a trailbike.

usually cranky
    yeah its a trail bike, but for your needs it sounds perfect. the recon 335 is a very good fork, i had one and was very impressed. for $1500 its a great deal.

mtbr member
    Cool I just ordered it it should have it this week Thanks guys!!

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by jpeters
    Cool I just ordered it it should have it this week Thanks guys!!
    Cool, another BMC owner. Make sure to post in the BMC forum.