Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    mtbr member
    Aug 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Sallen4520 View Post
    Yeah look back in this thread and a fella short shocked his soda with mid wheels pretty cool
    Now I've taken the time to scroll through I see that now. Quite stoked that it is possible. I also have ccdb on my soda but have only ever used it short shocked due to it slightly rubbing on the frame link weld. Hopefully this setup will see me through for a few years. I shall post up the rebuild as it happens....

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    I know this is an old thread but nust got a 13 soda. Started in short travel long stay, moved to short stay and love how poppy and playful it is this way. I have a 2012 36 float rc2fit set at 160 now. I was wanting some thought and input on those who have run this bike in long travel with 180 fork versus running at 160. Thoughts?

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    I used to have a totem on mine, but would usually run it in short travel short cs mode. The few times I ran it in long travel mode with 180 up front is still felt plenty playful but I also don't have any long runs close to where I live. I just leave it in short travel mode unless I'm going somewhere that has real dh/fr trails.

Proudly: A Mexican Rider
    Quote Originally Posted by ride the biscuit View Post
    So I got my soda in mini DH mode last night.

http://i.imgur.com/138ZBvN.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/t0O04FQ.jpg ...file too large for mtbr

I noticed my trusty monarch has been running since whenever this thread started, and its last service was Sept 2013.

I have decided to upgrade rather than spend the coin to service it.

Its between the newer monarch plus, with the rc3 and debonair OR a few year old but freshly serviced CCDB Air (no climb switch). For me, the option for pedal platform is important but something I could do without as I have done since I bough it.

Anyone have some thoughts to offer up on these two shocks on the soda?
    I have had my soda for a year now.
    I totally love it and can post pics later...

However I bought the used frame without the shock.
    I purchased a Monarch RC3 since I had a dealer discout.
    Last week I made some tuneups to the bike and also changed it to short travel mode. I was not liking the feeling of the shock. It was only using 3/4 of travel or a bit less.
    Since I service suspensions I was sure the IFP of the monarch was not in the correct level from factory.

So two days ago I made a fatory rebuild to my monarch and WOW it feels AMAZING again. I was starting to think the bike´s feeling on short travel was not good, but now I know it was just the shock.
    So for anyone running a monarch, or any other suspension, remember to service them frequently!!!!
    Rear shocks need oil changes to feel great once again.

Proudly: A Mexican Rider

My SODA

This is my soda:
    All the pics are of how it is currently except the one with the green grips, that one is older. I also am adding a pic of the shock service.
    I LOOOOOOVE the XFusion metric fork on it.

My NS Soda build-20150721_221359.jpgMy NS Soda build-20150720_195513.jpgMy NS Soda build-20150720_195211.jpgMy NS Soda build-20150720_195155.jpgMy NS Soda build-20150720_195131.jpgMy NS Soda build-20150720_195106.jpgMy NS Soda build-20150720_195025.jpgMy NS Soda build-20150411_145212.jpg

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    Nice

NWS
    mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    Does anyone know whether a Cane Creek Double Barrel will fit a Soda Evo Air? The shock mounts pretty close to the frame and the CCDB is pretty big, so I'm not sure about this. But I have an opportunity to buy one at a good price.

Fitment on a regular Soda would probably be the same, but I'm not really sure.

Thanks in advance!

mtbr member
    Yep it will fit

mtbr member
    Jun 2005
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]1011543
    Please guys need help; anybody knows where I can get a set of cup bushings? i just noticed I am missing one, and is hard to get from Las Vegas NV USA,
    Thanks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails My NS Soda build-img_7334.jpg  

mtbr member
    Jenson usa now carries NS, maybe hit them up. Outside us, can hit up lama cycles (canada), or check chain reaction (GBR).

Good luck, let us know how this ends up! USA parts availability was always one of my concerns with the soda.

NWS
    mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    The only thing Jensen can get is rear derailleur hangers. The sales guy I talked to said their Jensen relationship was not really a distributorship, but probably just a one-time sort of thing as they got a good deal on a bunch of bikes.

I lost a washer for the pivot where that links meets the frame, and Lama sent me a "replacement" washer that is way too thick... so I have a hunch that Lama's spares are for a different flavor of Soda. (It just happened last week, and Lama is looking into it now.)

NS didn't even respond to my query about a replacement washer a couple weeks ago.

I ordered a couple of promising washers from regular fastener vendors too. I couldn't find a direct replacement, but do I own an angle grinder.

mtbr member
    Aug 2015
    That looks really good, at first glance it looked like a dirt jumper with the colour scheme and straight angles, but all those components look really bloody good. If that was mine, i would rather get some Totems (not a fan of Fox for some reason) but other than that, 10/10 would get, because of the amazing reviews and that dank looking bike, love the colour scheme, but the shock and forks i would prefer to be black, but nice! How much did the build cost you?

mtbr member
    NWS, I believe the washer thickness did change from the 2014 version to the 2015 evo version. I had talked to NS in email before, this was some info they gave me when I was giving them feedback on the square profile of the rocker links. Like they mention, you could try grinding off .5mm of the washer you got. Maybe just set some sandpaper on a flat surface and use that to plane the difference off the washer. Good luck guys!

"We're glad that you appreciate our frame! From 2015 frame will have smooth and rounded linkage.
    When the 2015 bikes will appear in the shops, you can try to ask local distributor for rocker arm replacement part.
    If distributor won't have one, please contact us.
    It will fit your frame, but you will need to grind 0,5mm of your spacers between frame and rocker.

Hope this helps!
    Igor"

NWS
    mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    Yep, Lama emailed me yesterday to say basically the same thing. Looks like they're going to send the right washers as soon as they can get some from NS. (And I'm sending back the ones I got so that someone with an older bike can use them.)

I put some thread-locker on the caps and put the bike together without that washer and have taken it for a couple rides without any trouble. The thread-lock is working, but I'd feel better if I could really tighten it up properly.

mtbr member
    Good deal. So it sounds like you have the evo version. Could you give a review? are you running it with 27.5 or 26 wheels? I'm really curious how it would ride and the BB height with 26 wheels.

NWS
    mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    Yes, Evo Air. I'm still running the stock 27.5 wheels, full travel, and the long chainstays. With the short stays and stock wheels, you can bump the tire into the seat tube. Putting the shock into the short-travel hole might fix the rub, but I haven't tried as I'd rather have all of the travel.

I have a pair of 26 wheels from another bike that should drop right in, and I'll try that a some point. I think I'll be able to run full travel with short stays, which is kind of appealing.

I basically wanted the weight of my 140mm all-mountain bike with the ride of my 200mm downhill bike, plus the ability to drop the seat way down for jumps and such, and that's what I got. The ride is not quite downhill-plush but it's close enough. It weighs 34 pounds with a KS 150mm remote dropper added, and Hope M4 front brake and X2 rear brake. (I forgot to weigh it before I added the dropper and swapped the brakes, but I wouldn't be surprised if there was a pound or two there.) There are a couple dirt-jumpy trails where it's worth the trouble to drop the dropper and then use the seatpost clamp to drop it another couple inches. I really like that - my slopestyle bike will probably get less use now.

I really wish there was another option for a 200mm dropper, because this bike could totally fit one. And Vecnum is silly expensive, and they aren't interested in doing business in the US (yet?).

This is my first 27.5 bike and my whole reaction is WTF are people so excited about? It makes no difference. Rides a lot like my 26ers. The only time it feels bigger is when trying to manual it, but that probably has a lot to do with the slack HTA putting the front wheel way out forward. I'm curious how that will change with 26" wheels and the short chainstay option. My favorite trail right now is 12-step at Duthie Hill, which basically a series of dirt-jumps tightly linked with berms, and despite being as long as my downhill bike I'm perfectly happy to ride that trail on this bike. It feels a little bit big, but it just feel stable, not awkward at all.

I'm not real excited about the fork and shock though. Neither has adjustable compression damping, and the fork needs not one but two hex keys to remove the front axle (6mm for the axle and 5mm for a pinch bolt). That has given me a new appreciation for the Maxle on my old bike.

Rumor has it that XFusion will offer their HTA damper for this fork, and that will probably be a worthwhile upgrade. Not sure what I'm going to do about the rear shock. It isn't urgent, but I have a hunch that the ride would be better with less low-speed compression damping at both ends.

Stock BB height is about 14.25", so 26ers should probably bring it to 13.5. (That might seem high but with 180mm travel it will sag more than most bikes, so factor that into your comparisons.)

NWS
    mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    Just wanted to add that the more I ride this bike the more I like it. Downhill squish with AM weight, climbs nicely when seated, the seat gets super low when I want it out of the way... this is exactly what I wanted.

mtbr member
    Jun 2010

good quote - "Downhill squish with AM weight"

Quote Originally Posted by NWS View Post
    Just wanted to add that the more I ride this bike the more I like it. Downhill squish with AM weight, climbs nicely when seated, the seat gets super low when I want it out of the way... this is exactly what I wanted.
    This year I started to do lift served moderate DH with my 8 year old... we went 7 times. I got him a kona 24" stinky, and I've been riding my OLD 120mm StumpJumper enduro... and at the speeds we go, it's tolerable, but he's getting faster!

I do want more suspension and fell like a full on DH was going to be ridiculous overkill. I also don't want to end up with a DH bike collecting dust and I want something I can pedal also.

I think your review here may convince me to pull the trigger on the soda evo.

NWS
    mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    Go for it - it sounds like a really good fit.

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    I wouldn't expect short stay long travel to work as NS says you can't do that.

I ran my 2013 soda in short travel mode almost exclusively, even at bike parks.

NWS
    mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    Definitely not with the stock 27.5" wheels. But 26" wheels would give 3/4" more clearance between the tire and the seat-tube, and i think that might be enough.

I'll find out Sunday. It should only take a few minutes to swap wheels and let the air out of the shock.

mtbr member

NS Soda EVO - Stealth

This is my 2nd soda, I listed my 2013 earlier in this thread.

The Frame is the 2015 Large EVO. It built with a 170mm Lyrik, and 26 inch wheels.

My NS Soda build-1018151555.jpg
    My NS Soda build-1018151555a.jpg

I wasn't sure if the smaller wheels would be OK, but in long travel mode BB height sits at 13.5", so I think it will be fine.

Just finished the build and I'm psyched to get it out on the trails!

NWS
    mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    Definitely not with the stock 27.5" wheels. But 26" wheels would give 3/4" more clearance between the tire and the seat-tube, and i think that might be enough.

I'll find out Sunday. It should only take a few minutes to swap wheels and let the air out of the shock.
    I swapped wheels and confirmed that 26" wheels, short stays, and long travel all works on my '15 Evo Air. There's at least a quarter inch of clearance between the tire and seat tube when the suspension bottoms out.

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by dansMTB View Post
    This is my 2nd soda, I listed my 2013 earlier in this thread.

The Frame is the 2015 Large EVO. It built with a 170mm Lyrik, and 26 inch wheels.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1018151555.jpg 
Views:	2297 
Size:	149.4 KB 
ID:	1023000

Name:	1018151555a.jpg 
Views:	353 
Size:	194.3 KB 
ID:	1023001

I wasn't sure if the smaller wheels would be OK, but in long travel mode BB height sits at 13.5", so I think it will be fine.

Just finished the build and I'm psyched to get it out on the trails!

That's rowdy as hell, love the look of the black frame. I'd be incredibly happy to get on a Soda again, but I doubt that'll happen until they go to an XL.... aka never haha.

NWS
    mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    Kinda jealous.

If the Air had been available with that finish I definitely would have gone that route.

mtbr member
    Jun 2010

Not the debate, just your experience?

I swapped wheels and confirmed that 26" wheels, short stays, and long travel all works on my '15 Evo Air. There's at least a quarter inch of clearance between the tire and seat tube when the suspension bottoms out.
    I assume you rode it with the 26's. You commented before if I recall about how 27.5 felt. on this frame how much different did 26 better feel?

(Not trying to open that whole debate on which is better, please.)

NWS
    mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    Unfortunately I only did the swap after riding, so I can't really comment yet on how it feels now. I'm expecting to ride again this weekend though, or maybe Wednesday.

NWS
    mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    I rode it Wednesday and today with 26" wheels and my opinion of 27.5 vs. 26 hasn't changed - it's much more hype than substance. The biggest difference is that I have to be a little more careful about pedal strikes. I had none with 27.5, had a couple with 26 (no damage, just reminders about the reduced clearance). Manuals are a little easier, but I'm still terrible at them anyway so take that with a grain of salt.

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    I just got a 2015 Soda Evo and the 34t ring isn't good for me on uphills, I'm too weak! I was going to do a 30T RaceFace Narrow wide which has a built in spacer to give space for the chain between the teeth and the spider. I was wondering if that screws up my chain guide alignment.

Anyone have experience with this? My first bike with a chain guard.

NWS
    mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    The chain guide leaves no room for adjustment on mine. But with a narrow-wide ring I think there's a good chance you could just ditch the chain guide entirely. I haven't tried it myself but I've heard enough success stories that I kinda wish I'd left it off when I upgraded my cranks.

mtbr member
    Jun 2015
    I've just built up a 2014 soda with Zee cranks and blackspire trailx guide. I have no spacers behind the guide mounts and alignment is spot on with chain ring/chain. I think if the spacers on your 30t ring places the chain ring closer to the frame you may have alignment issues. I run a 32t narrow wide and have gone to an extender cog 40t on rear, ditched the 11t sprocket on the cassette and got the correct lock ring to secure cassette at 12t sprocket. Chain line is still near perfect, chain guide runs quiet, no issues. You shouldn't get any chain drop if you get rid of the chain guide if you still want to go that way as narrow wide rings are proven. I wanted to have the bash protection to prevent front ring buckling or being damaged so thats why I run chain guide.

mtbr member
    I had to add spacers to my straitline silent guide. Maybe that will be an option.

mtbr member
    Jun 2010

2015 NS Soda Evo Coil

2015 Soda EVO Coil from jensonusa.com sale

I got it mostly for riding the lift at the bike parks here in Vermont. Heavy at 39lbs with the DC fork, but it pedals uphill well enough that I've done some big climbs out in the woods. Downside with this build is the 8 speed drive train with 34t. I just need a few easier gears for climbing so I'm switching to 10speed with 32t chain ring.

My NS Soda build-img_2962.jpgMy NS Soda build-img_2953.jpg

mtbr member
    Jun 2015

Finally built up

My NS Soda build-pb182350.jpgMy NS Soda build-pa222321.jpg

So happy with the versatility! Fun DH bike. Still yet to ride in AM build but feels like it can be ridden all day! DH build is 17.5kg. AM build is 14.7kg! Can't believe the AM bike weight, lighter than my hard-tail Transition Vagrant. I change suspension and wheels between the two builds.

mtbr member
    Jun 2010

20mm to 15mm Through axle

Hi,

Anyone with the NS Rotary 20 disc front hub? I want to swap it to 15mm through axle and was trying to find if this kit does the trick.

https://shop.nsbikes.com/shop/spare-parts/prod/sp-001

I'm looking at a 160mm fork but it has 15mm through axle so I need adaptors for my hubs.

mtbr member
    Jun 2015
    Yea that looks like the right product. Description says it will work. I don't run rotary hubs personally but their advertisement seems accurate enough to warrant the purchase.

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by skinag@hotmail.com View Post

Name:	PB182350.jpg 
Views:	670 
Size:	156.8 KB 
ID:	1030164Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PA222321.jpg 
Views:	1432 
Size:	164.9 KB 
ID:	1030165

So happy with the versatility! Fun DH bike. Still yet to ride in AM build but feels like it can be ridden all day! DH build is 17.5kg. AM build is 14.7kg! Can't believe the AM bike weight, lighter than my hard-tail Transition Vagrant. I change suspension and wheels between the two builds.
    Skinag, What headset are you using? I assume your double crown fork is 1 1/8 head tube and the other fork is tapered. When you swap setups does the headset accommodate the crown race from both forks?

mtbr member
    Jun 2015
    Yea dude, same headset is used. I have a reducer crown race on boxxers to allow 1 1/8 steerer to fit

Sent from my HTC Vision using Tapatalk 2

mtbr member
    Nov 2015
    Greetings! ) I am new to the forum and i need some advise from experienced NS Soda 2012-2014 users. I own 2012 NS Soda FR 2 with stock Front RS Domain fork and rear Roco TST shock. I just purchased a tapered 160mm fork and need a new headset, any advice on that? Also, will the fork handle ok with 160mm fork up front in long CS and long travel mode? Thank you guys in advance!

mtbr member
    In case anyone has a bunch of old soda derailleur hangers laying around let me know! I know they are available retail, but just figured I'd ask the thread in case someone has extras they won't use for whatever reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Unst0p View Post
    Greetings! ) I am new to the forum and i need some advise from experienced NS Soda 2012-2014 users. I own 2012 NS Soda FR 2 with stock Front RS Domain fork and rear Roco TST shock. I just purchased a tapered 160mm fork and need a new headset, any advice on that? Also, will the fork handle ok with 160mm fork up front in long CS and long travel mode? Thank you guys in advance!
    you just really need the crown race as long as the bearings that came with your bike are still okay. could take off the domain if you're not keeping that.

I still never tried it with a 160 fork and in long travel rear mode. Interested what others think on that. I do have friends that say their bikes handle well with more travel in rear than in front, but I have always found the idea of equal or a bit more up front more appealing and logical.

NWS
    mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    Longer travel usually means softer suspension. If all other things are equal, softer means better traction. If one end is going to have better traction, it should be the front end.

So with a 160 front / 180 rear setup, I'd want add air to the rear shock, or use a stiffer spring in the rear (which will probably mean a slightly steeper HTA, though probably not enough to really matter).

Better yet though, put the rear in 160 mode... do the 2012-2014 models have a flipchip to adjust the rear travel between 160 and 180?

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by skinag@hotmail.com View Post

That's absolutely wicked, but god damn that seems like a pain in the ass! 2013-14 Soda frames are so cheap these days that you should totally pick up a second and round out the DH build with a cheap 9 speed drive train. Double soda!

Better yet though, put the rear in 160 mode... do the 2012-2014 models have a flipchip to adjust the rear travel between 160 and 180?
    They sure do. Same Chainstay/Travel adjust as newer models.
    Honestly the bike is so good in 153 mode (only 160 on 2015+) that I kept mine in it 90% of the time with a 170mm up front, even when doing DH. Way more fun that way IMO.

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    Put a Marzocchi 350 CR on the front with an extra wheel. I'll see how much I swap between this and the Marz888 but the swaps should be 10 minute exercises. Take off brake caliper, drop fork/wheel, shove on other one.

I'll be curious in the park if I prefer 160mm or 200mm fork.

My NS Soda build-imageuploadedbytapatalk1455887864.299686.jpg

mtbr member
    Oct 2013

Hi guys,new to the thread with my 2014 Soda :)

I was looking for an AM bike for me for quite a while...
    I had a 2011 Gambler that I loved to bits but had a quite bad injury,so decided to sell it and get something more versatile Got an offer for a soda and after reading a few reviews I decided to get it.
    Built it up and I really love it!Its just such a playful bike that pedals suprisingly well!So here's the build:
    Frame: NS Bikes Soda 2014
    Shock: Fox Float X CTD Kashima
    Fork: FOX 36rc2 Talas Factory Kashima 160mm
    Headset: Hope,FSA Mix
    Handlebars: Easton Havoc 770mm
    Stem: DaBomb King 35
    Brakes: Hope Tech Evo M4
    Rotors: Hope Tech 3 V4 Vented
    Chain: SRAM PC1031
    Cassette: SRAM PG1050
    Crankset: SRAM X0 Carbon,Hope 32tNW
    Derailleur: SRAM X0
    Shifter: SRAM X0 Trigger Shifter
    Seat: WTB
    Seatpost: Standard, Hope clamp
    Pedals: Hope F20
    Rims: NS Bikes Fundemental
    Hubs: NS Bikes Rotary
    Tyres: Continental Rubber Queen 2.4
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails My NS Soda build-rsz_20160222_152941.jpg  

mtbr member
    Jun 2015
    Nice build with some great parts. What weight does it come in at? Everyone who buys these bikes, (usually unridden) seem to love them. Best bike I've owned.

Sent from my HTC Vision using Tapatalk 2

NWS
    mtbr member
    Jun 2010

My turn...

Bought it last year, and it's pretty much done now:

My NS Soda build-soda_2016_07.jpg

NS Soda Evo Air
    ESI Extra chunky grips
    Easton Havoc 35mm bars
    Easton 32mm stem
    Hope M4 front, X2 rear, Tech 3 levers
    KCNC rotors, 203mm front, 180mm rear
    X01 cranks, Hope BB, Origin8 Ultim8 pedals
    Nextie carbon AM rims, Small Block 8 tires, 26"
    Hope Pro4 front hub, Pro4 SS/Trials rear hub
    Absolute Black 34t oval chainring
    11-30 six-speed cassette (details here)
    Shimano Zee 10-speed shifter and derailleur
    KindShock 150mm dropper, maybe i950, not sure, bought it years ago
    Duopower Arrow noseless seat

It weighs 30.5 pounds, which was a surprise as I didn't think I'd be able to get that low on a bike with 180mm of travel.

I love the way this thing rides. It's got near-DH plushness with far-from-DH weight. I don't see myself getting a new bike for a very long time.

I'm on the waiting list for 9point8's 200mm dropper. I honed out the seat tube just a hair in order to get slightly more depth, but it's still going to be a very tight fit. I might end up going for a 175mm instead, but I think there's a good chance I can make the 200mm work.

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    Hi all,
    I need a soda derailleur hanger for replacement, where can i find it? thx....

mtbr member
    Jun 2010

derailleur hanger

Quote Originally Posted by daiwhite View Post
    Hi all,
    I need a soda derailleur hanger for replacement, where can i find it? thx....
    I needed one too and they are hard to get in the US! I found 2 out of country options... ordered both. Lama one is original NS... the after market one from Italy has the critical dimensions correct, but overall it was a little thinner.

Derailleur Hanger from Lama NS Soda Parts - Lama Cycles

Derailleur Hanger after market!!!
    Forcellino cambio NS Bikes Soda Evo in vendita online

Lama was sold out initially and after like 2 hours of google I found the second option from italy.

mtbr member
    Oct 2015
    Just a question for those that own a soda, particularly the later model soda air. How progressive is the rear travel on these bikes? Is it fairly smooth and not too harsh in the long travel/long chain stay mode? My 150mm rear Altitude is a bit harsh for my liking and I'm looking for something that plows a little better while still being maneuverable and playful. Does a coil shock make them more linear?

mtbr member
    Jun 2010

progressive?

Quote Originally Posted by GRPABT1 View Post
    Just a question for those that own a soda, particularly the later model soda air. How progressive is the rear travel on these bikes? Is it fairly smooth and not too harsh in the long travel/long chain stay mode? My 150mm rear Altitude is a bit harsh for my liking and I'm looking for something that plows a little better while still being maneuverable and playful. Does a coil shock make them more linear?
    Soda Evo (27.5" wheel) Long travel, long wheel base and with a coil spring I feel like I use full travel and on big drops I'll bottom it out. Feels very smooth.

Generally air shocks ramp up and don't bottom out as much.

I briefly have used a fox float ctd on the bike and it definitely ramps up more.

Not sure if that answers your question, but the bike jumps great and feels nice and plush to me.

mtbr member
    Oct 2015
    Pretty much what I wanted to hear. My Altitude is very progressive coupled with the fact a coil shock won't fit so when going really hard in the rough stuff it can be harsh and skip around a lot. Handles big drops with aplomb though. With 180mm travel I think I could have the best of both worlds for where I ride.

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    FYI: Replacement derailleur hangers can also be ordered directly from Interbikes in Poland: 26bikes.com Shop | bikes dirt street bmx downhill freeride, frames, forks, guards

I wrote to NS Bikes asking where I can get a derailleur hanger and that's the place they recommended me.

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by sik_at View Post
    FYI: Replacement derailleur hangers can also be ordered directly from Interbikes in Poland: 26bikes.com Shop | bikes dirt street bmx downhill freeride, frames, forks, guards

I wrote to NS Bikes asking where I can get a derailleur hanger and that's the place they recommended me.
    Except they don't ship to the United States. I tried there first.

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Oh, I didn't know that. Then maybe ordering directly from NS Bikes schould do the trick? They are the manufacturer after all.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by sik_at View Post
    Oh, I didn't know that. Then maybe ordering directly from NS Bikes schould do the trick? They are the manufacturer after all.
    Try lama cycles from Canada

mtbr member
    Sep 2017

Dropper post in NS soda

First time Posting to MTBR - saw some fellow Soda enthusiasts
    I have a 2016 and 2017 ns soda evo air - love them. Doing TRS+ dropper posts now and having a little trouble. Anyone have any tricks to share? The bend from seat tube to down tube is so tight! And I'm having trouble getting the cable housing to move freely for adjustments.

Thanks!
    David

NWS
    mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    Does that post use internal cable routing?

I'm using a dropper post with external cable routing because I'm not sure how to make internal routing work. I was thinking about drilling pair of holes to route the cable in front of the bottom bracket and back into the down-tube, but I chickened out.

mtbr member
    Sep 2017
    Yes, I have an internal routing post - thinking that may have been a mistake. I hear you about drilling, but I'd rather not do any drilling to the frame. Anyone else pull off internal routing?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Members who have read this thread: 34