mtbr member
    Jun 2007

Is my new bike a good choice?

I just bought a new Cannondale Rush3Z, I went with the Z because it has a Fox fork rather than the lefty fork. Naturally, I bought before checking with the forums. I work in the industry, but on the apparel side, my store sells Cannondale bikes, so I was able to get a good price on it.

Of course I had input from co-workers, but I am looking to hear what the Mtn biking community has to say. I appreciate all feedback.

mtbr member

Why doubt your purchase??

Sounds sweet to me. Now go out and have some fun on that thing!!!!!

mtbr member
    Jun 2007

Not Doubting My Purchase....

I am just looking for input on components I may want to trade out and hear what others, hopefully some who have ridden the bike have to say.

I cant wait to ride it, but it is being shipped from Cannondale and then it needs to be assembled, so I have a couple weeks before I can get out there

Thanks for your input!

ride hard take risks
    Got pic's
    Formotion Products
    http://www.formot

Interlectchewal
    Quote Originally Posted by newdownhiller
    I just bought a new Cannondale Rush3Z, I went with the Z because it has a Fox fork rather than the lefty fork. Naturally, I bought before checking with the forums. I work in the industry, but on the apparel side, my store sells Cannondale bikes, so I was able to get a good price on it.

Of course I had input from co-workers, but I am looking to hear what the Mtn biking community has to say. I appreciate all feedback.
    Nice looking bike. The parts package certainly looks respectable. I don't see any obvious weak points. If you're looking to spend some cash to make it even prettier or to personalize the fit, a Thomson stem and seatpost never hurts (except your wallet).

Grips and saddle are a very personal preference sort of thing, so if either of those is not to your liking, look for something else that is.

Pedals, too. Eggbeaters have a large fan base, but you might prefer some other type of clipless, or platforms.

Get new tires if the stock tires are not good on your local terrain.

Otherwise, ride it until something breaks. I want to emphasize that the above are just suggestions on where to look if you want to change stuff. Assuming everything fits right, I don't see anything that needs to be changed.

Enjoy it.

Life is Good
    Quote Originally Posted by tvrbob86
    Nice looking bike. The parts package certainly looks respectable. I don't see any obvious weak points. If you're looking to spend some cash to make it even prettier or to personalize the fit, a Thomson stem and seatpost never hurts (except your wallet).

Grips and saddle are a very personal preference sort of thing, so if either of those is not to your liking, look for something else that is.

Pedals, too. Eggbeaters have a large fan base, but you might prefer some other type of clipless, or platforms.

Get new tires if the stock tires are not good on your local terrain.

Otherwise, ride it until something breaks. I want to emphasize that the above are just suggestions on where to look if you want to change stuff. Assuming everything fits right, I don't see anything that needs to be changed.

Enjoy it.
    I agree. It seems like whenever someone buys a new bike they want to start buying new components immediately after. I'm probably more guilty than anyone of this

I say, unless something doesn't fit (which shouldn't be an issue if you were fit to the bike) then the only things you might want to change are the saddle, tires, grips or pedals. Other than those things which you can't really be "fit" for, everything else should run nicely until you run it out of life. THEN start buying upgraded components and little bits of bling and all that fun stuff

Get your money's worth out of what you bought before you change things out
    Get a bicycle. You will not regret it if you live. ~Mark Twain

ride hard take risks
    Quote Originally Posted by Judd97
    I agree. It seems like whenever someone buys a new bike they want to start buying new components immediately after. I'm probably more guilty than anyone of this

I say, unless something doesn't fit (which shouldn't be an issue if you were fit to the bike) then the only things you might want to change are the saddle, tires, grips or pedals. Other than those things which you can't really be "fit" for, everything else should run nicely until you run it out of life. THEN start buying upgraded components and little bits of bling and all that fun stuff

Get your money's worth out of what you bought before you change things out
    It's all good for someone like me, take off the good stuff & upgrade so i can get the smoking deal.
    Formotion Products
    http://www.formot

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by newdownhiller

So long as the bike fits you well, I'd say you made a good choice. Upgrading the components probably isn't a very good idea, though -- the bike is already very good and you might just end up buying into problems that keep you away from your riding.

Dave