mtbr member
    Aug 2006

My first real mountain bike!!! Pics!!!

So after searching and lurking for quite some time and sort of luck being that there was one at the local store for a fair price I got myself an '06 Iron Horse Warrior trail so far i really like it, it's definitely a smooth ride, i feel the front shock could be stiffer. and so could the rear. I'm still pretty new so i'm not sure what route i want to take next. My girlfriend has one almost the same as this one coming in the mail shortly, just in a smaller frame size (15")

anyways here it is!!!

Nightriding rules SuperModerator
    congrats! Enjoy!

respect the wildlife
    Quote Originally Posted by Boonie Buster
    So after searching and lurking for quite some time and sort of luck being that there was one at the local store for a fair price I got myself an '06 Iron Horse Warrior trail so far i really like it, it's definitely a smooth ride, i feel the front shock could be stiffer. and so could the rear. I'm still pretty new so i'm not sure what route i want to take next. My girlfriend has one almost the same as this one coming in the mail shortly, just in a smaller frame size (15")
    Nice bike, looks great. I've thought for a while that this is one of the better entry level bikes out there.

First off, keep in mind that you do want your suspension to be nice and plush. Soft is often a good thing. If you are bottoming out, that's another matter, but that should be quite obvious when it happens.

You can and should adjust the sag on the rear shock for your weight. You want it to compress about 25% of it's full travel when you are just sitting still on it. Turn the big dial (at the end of the spring) to adjust the sag. You can use a ruler/tape measure to do this - the full stroke will be the length of the exposed metal rod inside the spring.

For the fork, I am not sure if you have a preload (aka sag) adjustment but if you do it's probably a dial on top of the right leg. Same idea as the rear here.

I may be telling you something you already know, but raise your seat for XC and uphill and drop it for steep downhill stuff. Just in case you are unaware

What route to take next, you ask? My advice is just to start riding it, play around with the settings you have, keep it tuned up and enjoy your new bike first. As far as upgrades, the front fork is one area for improvement. You might also consider buying clipless (SPD) pedals and shoes, which are nice for XC riding. Personally I would buy bike tools first before parts, that way you can install them yourself!

Good luck with it.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Thats funny, I just upgraded from a walgoose that I rode the crap out of for 3 years to the same exact bike. I love it so far. That shock has a rebound adjustment which is the red knob annd the spring preload can be adjusted by turning the collar. and each fork leg also has spring preload adjustment knobs on top.

Now ride the hell out of it.

Spring! Spring! Spring!
    Such a good feeling, having the shiny new wheelz.

"Ride it like you stole it" - as the man once said.

Fort Valley = Gnarl Fest
    One of the guys I ride with a lot has that rig. Its pritty nice. And I'm going to have to agree with bear with the "Ride it like you stole it" idea. Congrats and have fun with her.

mtbr member
    Congrat's, make sure to have fun with it

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Most excellent, Dude!

Ride that mo fo like you stole it from King Kong and that big ape is chasing ya!

I just luvs it when a new bike comes to an owner.

mtbr member
    Wowzers that thing is a beauty. good luck, ride hard and have fun
    "hit hard, hit fast, hit often HOOAH!!!!"

Blog of mine: http://mtnsprts.blogspot.com

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    Ya, I am totally stoked to get this thing out on a real trail. I was doing stoppies and bunnyhops the other day with a friend seeing who could jump higher I've been into BMX riding for over 10 years and so this is a little different having stuff moving around like this. definitley different with having to preload for a jump earlier. I'm still getting used to the ride, but i really like it so far, i tore up the local little pathes a few days ago and love how it rides, so smooth over bumps. I just can't wait for my GF's ride to come in so she can enjoy it with me,

mtbr member
    sweet ride

40 & Fast
    Quote Originally Posted by Boonie Buster
    Ya, I am totally stoked to get this thing out on a real trail. I was doing stoppies and bunnyhops the other day with a friend seeing who could jump higher I've been into BMX riding for over 10 years and so this is a little different having stuff moving around like this. definitley different with having to preload for a jump earlier. I'm still getting used to the ride, but i really like it so far, i tore up the local little pathes a few days ago and love how it rides, so smooth over bumps. I just can't wait for my GF's ride to come in so she can enjoy it with me,
    FS will definitly spoil you.
    I second the opinion that you should consider clipless pedals. There is a bit of a learning curve and usualy a few embarrasing crashes but the benefit is worth it. The beginners forum has a few threads dedicated to the learning process and knowing that others (everyone I know myself included) has crashed learning but now wouldn't ride any other way helps.

ride hard have fun
    Ride hard, Drag the broken pieces back, Share lusty tales of adventure & Tell everyone, " I almost stuck the landing".

Ride or die
    Nuthin like a new bike. Just ride ride ride.

fuggansonofahowa
    mmmmmmmm......single-pivot sweetness.

Hawseman LOVE that single-pivot. Gimme squishy or give me hardtail....