Carb free mofo
    Dec 2006

Mud in the eye(s)

So I'm in dire need for some eye protection (I don't want to use my DH goggles) when I'm out riding as mud keeps on flicking up into my spyballs. I don't want to be spending megabucks as stuff always ends up breaking. So what are your weapons of choice?

www.obec.co.uk
    Quote Originally Posted by hazylogic
    So I'm in dire need for some eye protection (I don't want to use my DH goggles) when I'm out riding as mud keeps on flicking up into my spyballs. I don't want to be spending megabucks as stuff always ends up breaking. So what are your weapons of choice?
    I'm a big fan of Specialized Chicanes or they have one or two other similar models. Not exactly cheap but they do the job and don't mist over too badly. I like photochromic lenses for riding but perhaps that may be overkill for some.

http://www.specialized.com/bc/SBCEqP...jsp?spid=25923
    Bikes are like beers..... it's never hard to find the justification for another one.

Human Power LLC
    Mar 2007
    Safety glasses at Home Depot. In the tool section, most comfortable glasses, you could wear them for days.

Carb free mofo
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Aktion
    Safety glasses at Home Depot. In the tool section, most comfortable glasses, you could wear them for days.
    sounds great i mayaswell throw my helmet in the bin and wear a hardhat. and I may aswell replace my fox gloves and use some gardening gloves.

Mtbr
    I usually use safety glasses which can be found at most sporting goods or hardware stores. Very inexpensive and seem to do the job well.

Human Power LLC
    Mar 2007
    sounds great i mayaswell throw my helmet in the bin and wear a hardhat. and I may aswell replace my fox gloves and use some gardening gloves.
    ... then you could join the village people

mtbr member
    Hazy, Aktion isn't being wise. Decent safey glasses function as well or better than a lot of cycling specifc glasses. And are dirt cheap by comparison. I wear safety glasses that I picked up via a lab supply vendor I do business with. Granted they aren't uber flashy for the posuer crowd or have lenses I can swap, but for 10 bucks, they're comfortable and keep crap outta my eyes.

I save my posuer Oakleys for my roadie days anyway. Flamesuit on!

mtbr member
    try campmore for name brand at discounted pricing. I picked up a pair of replacement Smith's for 1/3 of the cost I originally spent.

I already rode that
    Yeah the safety glasses work good enough and dont cost alot and depends what ones they have in you can get some "stylish" ones too.
    Riding F/S since oct 94'

Master of None
    Yeah safety glasses work. I ordered some Optic Nerve Exhale for $23, we'll see how those do.

Double-metric mtb man
    I've opted for a set of Expressos from MEC (like REI). They are basic glasses with replacable lenses. I've found that they get as good a wrap-around as my safety glasses at work and have the same polycarbonate lense material.

Before I got the Expressos, I was using a more stylish set of safety glasses myself.

Regardless of what you choose, wear 'em! You only get one pair of eyes and they have to last you a lifetime!
    As if four times wasn't enough-> Psycho Mike's 2013 Ride to Conquer Cancer Page

Moran? Let your opinion be free -> F88me

jones'in
    Here's another vote for the safety glasses. I've been wearing AO Rivet glasses from Home Depot for riding. They work great and were inexpensive.

I've got an expensive set of Smiths w/ interchangeable lenses that never get used in favor of the AO glasses.

--Ben
    \m/ (>.<) \m/
    For Sale: Revox ISX 10.5x3.5

Off the back...
    Squint!

R.I.P. DogFriend
    Open your mind, then open your eyes........... for le$$.

Another one using safety glasses. Most people have no idea they might be safety glasses. $4 each or 3 for $10 at or local swap meet. Lots of different tints available too. He's even stocking bifocals last time I stocked up.

mtbr member
    Why not try a front fender?

Fort Valley = Gnarl Fest
    I run a pair of Native sunglasses for the climbs, that have a lifetime warranty, and then use my DH goggles for decents