mtbr member
    Aug 2008

MTB: fork upgrades..

I have a set of PACE RC36 Pro class 2 forks at the mo,, they have served me well but after 6 yrs its time for a more serious upgrade.

I really fancy a set of DT Swiss EXC 150. They match and complement my bike, technically (my riding is becoming more and more off road and aggressive..) they offer what I want and keep within the Pace/DT Swiss umbrella.

Have seen a set for around the 500+ mark, can anyone make comments or suggestions for a better fork and give reasons, especially if they have experience of the fork they are recommending.. cheers..

Seeeriously easy Livin
    If light weight is your concern, you might also want to look at the maverick duc32, and rockshox lyrik 2-step, I think the maverick is even lighter than the dt swiss (but you need a custom maverick hubbed wheel), and the Rockshox will be stiffer with more damping adjustments but heavier. Dt swiss is nice too, and would probably be my top choice for weight concious 150mm, just wanted to through out other options.

Dirt Deviant
    What about a Fox Talas 32 in 150mm?
    Look, whatever happens, don't fight the mountain.

mtbr member
    You could also try the Rockshox Pike, but they are not 150, at least not yet.
    Building: ​Boardman 2010 HT Pro
    Current Joy: '11 Giant Anthem X
    Previous Joy: '09 Commencal Meta 5 VIP