Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mtbr member

More comfortable: WTB Rocket V SLT vs. WTB Laser V SLT.

One better, worse, both the same? Any advice, experience, or general flaming appreciated. .thanks!

Want the most comfortable
    jeff

Upgrade your life
    I have the Laser V SLT. I am 6'0, 210, and i have never had any discomfort from the saddle. Im not even in the market for a new saddle and i have a bad case of upgradeitis.

J

mtbr member

not exactly what you asked, but.....

I have the Rocket saddle and the Pure V.

The rocket is garbage. I have, at times used it on 3 bikes (Cross, hardtail, FS). It sucked on all of them.

The Pure V is very comfy. I originally had the SLT ti version, but broke it in a bizarre, backwards flip fall kinda thing and had it warrantied from WTB with a non Ti version (in use today). The Ti version is light-ish, the CrMo railed version isn't.

mtbr member
    May 2004

saddle advice

Saddle advise is much like condom advise...don't expect any valuable input on FIT. Now color, shape, taste, etc, is a different story.

No Knuckle Crew
    Jan 2007
    It all comes down to personal preference. What is comfortable to one person, maybe miserable for you. You'll have better luck trying one of the demo programs then asking for opinions.

http://www.competitivecyclist.com/mo...es/demo-saddle

mtbr member
    I have a Laser SLT, a Rocket V SLT, a Rocket V Race and a Pure V. Of the lot the Rocket V SLT is the least comfortable and the Laser is the most. The Rocket V SLT is fine for rides under 20 miles but more than that... well, you get it.

O

mtbr member
    May 2007
    I went cheap on the saddle and went with a WTB Speed V on my first build. Like the saddle so much I got another for my newest build. YMWV.
    Oh noes. I'm going to drink the Kool-Aid.

TNC
    noMAD man

Not true, CZ...

Quote Originally Posted by CharacterZero
    Saddle advise is much like condom advise...don't expect any valuable input on FIT. Now color, shape, taste, etc, is a different story.
    I'll bet if the OP posts some pics of various angles of his derrier, perhaps we'll be able to lend assistance.

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    please no

ive had the rocket, laser, and speed v's.. they all hurt, a lot. i like my thinline devo though.

mtbr member
    I know I'm asking about saddles, but since I have it narrowed down to just two, I was hoping I wouldn't get too flamed for this simple comparison. So thanks for the input.

Perpetual Hack
    Quote Originally Posted by CharacterZero
    ...and you TASTE your condoms?

Dude! - that be rude!!!!

[SIZE="1"]Sorry, couldn't resist [/SIZE]

Out there
    Aug 2006
    Can't go wrong with the Pure V. I put them on all my bikes.
    All problems in mountain biking can be solved by going faster, except the ones that are caused by going too fast.

Perpetual Hack
    on a serious note.

I'm on a Pure V as well. It be a$$ approved.

m

I like rocks
    Nov 2007
    Of the 2 you're listing, the Laser.

However, I much prefer the Silverado and even more so the recently reintroduced SST. Heck, my main ride is still sporting one of the original '98 SST Ti saddles. It will be a very sad day when that thing dies ...

Which is probably a good reason to order up another while they're making them again
    If you go looking for trouble, you can be sure it's gaining from behind.

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    I'm deciding between these two myself...

mtbr member
    Like others have pointed out, saddle preference is highly personal. For instance 3-4 people whole-heartedly endorsed the Laser/Pure and panned the Rocket, whereas, I find the Rocket V much more comfy over long rides than either of those wider tailed saddles.

I like the SST, drop-nosed shape of the Pure V but it's too wide at the back and cuts into the back of my thighs after awhile. A Rocket V with that same drop nosed front like the SST and Pure V would be saddle heaven for me.

YMMV.

Rub it............
    I've used the Speed V and the Rocket V. Both feel great to my rear.

I did find that the Rocket is more narrow than the Speed and overall is a little bit more comfortable over longer rides for me. BUT YMMV.

attending to my vices
    I tried both of those and ended up getting a pure V. It is very, very comfortable. Like, damn this is the first comfortable seat I had bought comfortable. I don't use a camois either which is an important factor. others are too small. I agree though, you just need to go to a bike shop and try them. That's how I found I liked the Pure V.
    OVER THE LINE SMOKEY!

lotto baby
    dude - this is the best seat around:

i spurt in the wind, and the wind drug it

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    The two are very similar, though the Pure V is more like a larger Rocket V if you like the shape. Personally, I'm on my second Rocket V Pro and love it. I have narrower hips (around 32 inch waist) so the smaller WTB option is great for me. I will tell you though, you have to wait for it to break in. My favorite Rocket V felt like a block of wood for the first couple hours, then loosened up alot, and I wouldn't trade it. If you're larger, then you'll like the larger seats, but a lot of people who are either narrower or do a lot of pedalling (mostly XC) complain about the Pure and Laser V's being too wide. Personally, I would go for a Pure V if you are larger, as the nose is still nice and narrow. Also, Greenfish has a great deal on the Pro's.

Rocket

Laser

Pure

Fat & Single
    i went through 7 saddles in 1 year, ended up with a ROCKET V , PURE V and a SHADOW V .... the best seats ever made .... fits my ass perfectly.
    Ti O'Beast
    Indy Fab
    One9
    Dirty Disco CX

mtbr member
    I've used the Pure V and have no complaints. In fact i'll say it's probably the most comfortable saddle i've ever run. I really like the wider back part of this saddle as you really feel like you sit down in it. But on longer rides, towards the end of a day, I begin to get some pain. So my thinking is that I'd like to have the Pure V with just a bit more padding. So I went with the Laser V SLT. My hope is that it's not too small. .

jeff

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    I have a a Pure V SLT, Rocket V SLT and a Silverado Ti. I think they are all comfortable. Maybe I have a generic ass...

mtbr member

Two rockets up for grabs

PM me if you want one. Both have ti rails, both so signs of wear. Pictures upon request. Priced very reasonably.

I'll never use either of them again..... I guess my a$$ is not compatible.

FWIW - I ride a Fizik Arione on my road bike and a very similar profile on the cross bike and love them. I have a Puve V on my FS bike and love it. So, I tend to disagree with the posts about narrow hips fitting narrow saddles.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    depends on your ass. just like shoes, helmets and gloves fit everyone differently

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast