mtbr member

Moment Rear Shock

Looking for some feedback here. I'm working on lightening up my Moment a little bit and am thinking about getting a new rear shock. The Moment in question is an 07, which I like a lot, its a fun bike for sure.

I don't do really much of any DH type runs, but do ride lots of technical trails, rock climbs, 3-4' drops, log rides and pretty much anything else I can find. So lots of pedaling up and down hills.

I'm thinking of a Manitou Evolver ISX-6, from what I've read seems like it is a real good shock so far, looks like you can tune it to be a real decent pedaling shock.

I am also curious about the Roco WC, seems like it is a real good shock as well.

The DHX air is out for me, I've ridden it and hated it.

Currently what is on there is a DHX Coil, which I've enjoyed so far.

So what do you think?

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    how much weight is "a little bit", and can it be shaved off somewhere else? (eg, wheels)

what about a Ti coil for the DHX? it may be $$, but so are new shocks

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Pitbull
    how much weight is "a little bit", and can it be shaved off somewhere else? (eg, wheels)

what about a Ti coil for the DHX? it may be $$, but so are new shocks
    Thanks for the reply

I did think about a Ti Coil and that may end up being the way to go. I wanted to look at all my options. The coil should be less then the new shock, that is for sure.

I'm sure I can shave some weight off in other area's but the $ to weight ratio is just not much to my liking at that point, with a new shock I should be able to cut about 1/2 a pound. And possibly some lighter tires as well, but I'm pretty happy with what I have on there for rubber.

I'm pretty happy on wheels as well. Here is the complete build for those interested.

Large Moment Frame
    DHX Coil
    Mavic 819 Rims laced to Hope Pro II hubs
    Maxxis High Roller front 2.35
    Maxxis Advantage Rear 2.35 (lighter rear tire, and like the tread a lot)
    X9 Shifters / X9 Rear Deraillure / XT Front
    Truvativ Stylo 2x9 Crankset
    Chris King HS
    XT Pedals
    Magura Marta Brakes
    Race Face Atlas AM stem 90mm
    Truvative Stylo bars

So not a real heavy build, not a real light build, I like to think it is just a solid ride.