pb2

Mission Impossible ?

Well having spent an age selecting new frame, forks blah de blah I now find my self stuck on a what I thought would be a simple choice - baggy shorts - yeah thats right baggy shorts

I wear the 06 Dainese Impact shorts which I rate as a must because the are v light, breathe like nothing else (they should given the fabric full of holes ) and offer tons of protection and the 06 models has a built in chamois pad.

So all I want is a decent pair of over shorts, ones without a liner or a chamois pad - can I find any made for riding - nope, no chance , if the price is low and the spec is good I will happily cut out the liner or what ever but I would much rather just buy plain riding over shorts.

Any ideas under $60 please send my way, thnx PB

another bozo on the bus
    "best AM shorts?" cut off golf pants is the norm... those a pair of board shorts for a mid-ride dip in the lake.

Don't skid
    My favorite over shorts are a pair of Fox Epic's (or some thing like that). I got them on a clearance rack for $30 and cut the liner out. They fit real nice but are still tight enough that they don't snag on the seat.
    The Revolution will not be motorized...especially at $5 per gallon.

JMH
    Sugary Exoskeleton
    BDUs purchased on Ebay. Approximately $10 per pair, cut them to your favorite hippster length, and best of all: Nothing says All Mountain like army pants. The cargo pockets are big enough to hold 4 cans of Mountain Dew.

JMH

Quote Originally Posted by KONA_in_SB
    My favorite over shorts are a pair of Fox Epic's (or some thing like that). I got them on a clearance rack for $30 and cut the liner out. They fit real nice but are still tight enough that they don't snag on the seat.

pb2
    Ok so its a Freddy Scissor Hand job, thnx for replies

Oh, So Interesting!
    Core Rat Battle Shorts. Great design, optional removable hip pads, made of heavy duty black Cordura for abrasion resistance. Downside is breathability, they are mesh lined, but I save 'em for cooler weather, very difficult trails or lift-served riding.

http://www.corerat.com/sale/blowoutsale.html

They are on sale right now...

Strava: turn off your dork logger when you're not on sanctioned trails.