mtbr member

Mid-Sleeve Jersey Discussion

I am wondering about this jersesy.

and maybe this one.

its cheaper

I will be using it for all types of AM riding, anywhere from rain to hot sumer days.
    Good idea, Bad idea?
    I figure its moderatly priced, probably nice quality.

What do you guys think? anyone used a mid sleeve for hot summer days? unbearable? should I get a short sleeve in anticipation for hot days?
    Last edited by EDizzleVR6; 02-27-2008 at 03:34 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by _dw
    To be blunt;

6) The Earth would begin to collapse into a black hole and it would make people sad.

squish is good
    I've used Fox mid sleeves for summer shuttle runs but I usually throw on something a little more breezy for when I'm doing climbing. It's not unbearable but I do like to be as cool as possible when the temps start climbing into the 90's.
    Bike good, work bad.

Oni
    Master Of Fooliganism

Hate 3/4 sleeves!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's my personal mission in life to hate on 3/4 sleeves!

Had an AXO 3/4 sleeve jersey that I wore once on a DH/urban ride. For some reason, where the sleeve fell on my arm really bugged me. Couldn't stop thinking about it. It jsut felt weird.

That jersey now has no sleeves.

One of my riding friends wears one at night, but not during the day.

Oni

mtbr member

3/4 sleeve

I like my older Fox v-neck.It's mesh and next to wearing nothing at all.It covers the top of arm armor where with a regular jersey there is always and inch or two of bare skin 'cause the sleeves ride up and it bugs me.As far as Fox quality goes, I don't think it gets any better.I've had one Fox jersey and a pair of gloves for over five years now.Looks like the jersey will last another five years.The gloves,I don't think a thread has come loose.They might have to be replaced 'cause I'm sick of looking at them!

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    i usually just wear long sleeves, because short sleeve is too long, and i hate sleeveless...
    check out great video coverage of anything mtb (well almost).

http://www.mtbcut.tv

ColoradoCoolBreeze
    I really like the first one. The second doesnot look like 3/4 sleeve to me.

TNC
    noMAD man
    I think mid-sleeve jerseys are mainly a fashion statement. They're not long enough to have a lightly padded elbow, so what are you gaining? I notice some riders mention the issue of heat. IMO a quality long-sleeve jersey made out of the right material is as cooling as a short sleeve jersey. And something younger riders may not think about at this stage of life is skin damage. If you ride like I do...often 4-5 times a week...the sun is going to rip any bare skin a new one, and I don't think you can really keep enough sunscreen on bare skin for long rides...so a good long-sleeve jersey goes a long way to protect skin from both sun and abrasions in falls. I believe folks can ride wearing any type of apparel they want, but the question was asked. I agree that the jersey in that last pic is a long-sleeve.

"El Whatever"
    Same here... Long sleeve or short... but something in between?? uh... why? It doesn't help to protect anything.

I like a loose sleeve more less about an inch or right on the elbow. It's not very hot, neither very cold and has freedom of movement.

Want protection? Get some elbow pads... there are several types from those neoprene ones to plastic cup ones.

I haven't tried long sleeves... but I have buddies who swear by them.
    Check my Site

mtbr member
    I love my Sombrio 3/4 sleeve jersies!! I guess it's whatever floats your boat.

mtbr member
    I've wore my long sleeve jersey yesterday in the 79 degree weather and it was fine. Like some of the others have said, it breathes just about as well as my short sleeves. However, I like the looks of the top shirt and just might have to try it.