mtbr member
    Jun 2006

Marzocchi AM 1 travel??

Hey everybody, I have quite a problem with my 05 AM 1 fork.It was making noises at the begining of the travel ever since In bought it but in the first few months wasn't so bad. Lately the fork sounded almost like a mashine gun in downhill. I sent it to the waranty, they said the TAS cartrige was blown. When I got the fork back, no noises anymore but only 130 mm of travel (5.1) . Being totaly unhappy with that I sent it back, and they sent to me with no modification... I know that the fork was using more then 150mm (6'), so I sent it back, and now they try to convince me that it should only use 130mm ...
    I don't believe this !
    Can you guys tell me how much travel do you get from your AM1?? when you jump on it without any ( or with little) air in!
    Thanks

mtbr member

travel on am1

Quote Originally Posted by danbkro
    Hey everybody, I have quite a problem with my 05 AM 1 fork.It was making noises at the begining of the travel ever since In bought it but in the first few months wasn't so bad. Lately the fork sounded almost like a mashine gun in downhill. I sent it to the waranty, they said the TAS cartrige was blown. When I got the fork back, no noises anymore but only 130 mm of travel (5.1) . Being totaly unhappy with that I sent it back, and they sent to me with no modification... I know that the fork was using more then 150mm (6'), so I sent it back, and now they try to convince me that it should only use 130mm ...
    I don't believe this !
    Can you guys tell me how much travel do you get from your AM1?? when you jump on it without any ( or with little) air in!
    Thanks
    I bought the fork recently and it is a 5" travel or 130mm fork. It is AWESOME!

mtbr member
    Marz offers several variations of the am line up though. I believe there are optoins for 130-150 as well. I bought the AM1 grey lowers with only one travel setting.

trail "cleaner"

probably too much oil

during the repair, they probably changed the oil and put too much in the coil side. Try removing some and see if your travel comes back. 5-10 cc will make a difference.
    No dabs allowed!

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    I've been thinking of that too , it's not it, at least the official marzocchi distributor says that!
    How much active travel do you have? Thanks

trail "cleaner"

depending on air preload

I run both of AM1's about 18-20 psi max and at the end of a hard ride, the zip tie is usually sitting right next to steer crown. So.... I'd say they are giving me all they got Oh BTW travel also depends on where you are running the TST. Too much compression dampening will greatly affect your travel.
    No dabs allowed!

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Hi, it ain't that, no matter what, the fork won't go in more then 130 mm.
    The official marzocchi dealer, says it's normal, I go crazy couse I know it's not true, I think he put the wrong TAS in ( from a 130mm fork maybe??)
    How much active Travel do you have on your AM 1 05??
    Thanks, Dan

trail "cleaner"

try this...

Quote Originally Posted by danbkro
    Hi, it ain't that, no matter what, the fork won't go in more then 130 mm.
    The official marzocchi dealer, says it's normal, I go crazy couse I know it's not true, I think he put the wrong TAS in ( from a 130mm fork maybe??)
    How much active Travel do you have on your AM 1 05??
    Thanks, Dan
    Remove all of the air out of the fork. Make sure your TST knob on the bottom of the fork is "clicked" to max + length. If you then can't get it to compress more than 130mm, then yep you've got a problem with the possibility of a wrong cartridge. Both of my 130-150mm AM1 forks are getting very close to 150mm of travel. good luck!
    No dabs allowed!