Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Marzo 55 R 09 or Durolux or other?

2K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  Axe 
#1 ·
Hi bikers,
my Marzo All Mountain SL1 broke down (failed ATA cartridge) and according to service the cartridge replacement would cost me close to price of new or light used fork.

I´m looking for 140mm fork, 20mm thru-axle with beefy stancions. Current 32mm stantions are a bit flexy under my 200lbs. without gear :-/.

My riding style should be described as all mountain/enduro. Pedal longer time uphill, then ride hard dowhill on technical trails (for someone even freeride trails). Average ride is around 3 hours but on weekend I can spend almost a day in the woods riding...

So I´m deciding mainly between 55 R, year 09(iternally lowered by removing spring - probably would affect suspension characteristics?) and custom tunedSR Suntour Durolux 20 TS. But I´m still open to new suggestion and ideas ;)

Thanx a lot for your experiences, suggestion, ideas and mainly help :thumbsup:

#5 ·
I am around the same weight with gear, and stanchions on Sektor RL coil u-turn do not seem particularly flexy to me. Not as solid as my Wotan, for sure, but works fine. I think this new two step coil Sektor would be your best budget bet.

#9 ·
Durolux is good. TAD would fit your style. I have one and its very good, better than what I expected.Very easy to set up too. Try one, especially the QLOC models, these simply work better.

#11 ·
I don't know if Hucknroll ships internationally but they were blowing out the 55 ti rc3 earlier this year for like 350 after discounts. My friend and I both have them and they have been one of the best out of the box forks...I really missed the zokes feel, and to date it has been worry free.

#12 ·
I´m looking for 140mm fork, 20mm thru-axle with beefy stancions. Current 32mm stantions are a bit flexy under my 200lbs. without gear :-/.
Second hand Pike (beefiest 32mm fork ever), or a second hand Domain or Lyrik U-Turn should fit easily into your budget. Domains have steel stanchions and should be good to survive until judgment day, the version with the normal motion control damper is excellent but heavy.

Or get a 55 of Huck N Roll, it's such a good deal I bought two (no really).

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.