Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    BLAH BLAH
    Mar 2008
    its just stuck to one side. Use a crescent wrench to break it free. Im betting you stuck it on to the plus side so try turning to it towards negative first. If it feels like your going to break it stop and try the other way.
    Whats this line for?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by e-luder View Post
    Where did you get that Number?

You need 213 cc if you just have the standard rebound cartridge only (Lyrik R).
    Thanks e-luder ,thatīs it,with 193ml it was bottoming out easily.

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    Sorry to resurrect this thread. I just bought a used Specialized Enduro Comp and am not impressed with the Lyrik. I think there is something wrong with it. The rebound is very slow and when you compress the fork, it makes a loud whooshing noise when it comes back up. It is just not smooth at all in either direction. It also looks like it is only using maybe 60-70% of the travel. It seems like it needs to get rebuilt. This is a temporary bike for me for a few months while I wait for a new 2014 Mach 6 to come in. Will it make a big difference if I just buy the Mission Control DH Damper and keep the stock rebound on? I am hoping that will give a noticeable improvement without spending a lot. Then I need to figure out how to install everything and fix it up. Thanks.

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    So I took all the air out of it last night and it does go all the way down. I cleaned up the seals and lubed the forks a bit and it seems to be a bit better. Also turned up the rebound a bit. It still makes a pretty loud whooshing sound when coming back up after being compressed hard. Not sure if that is normal. Does anyone know if I can get away with just buying the DH Mission Control Damper to make a big improvement on this fork? I am hearing conflicting reports that adding the Mission Control rebound part doesn't help as much. Hoping I can get away with buying just the damper to get a big improvement out of this fork.

mtbr member
    When I decided to convert my lyrik R to a lyrik RC2DH, (by adding the compression dampers and associated rebound dampers,) my biggest issue with the fork was I was feeling the fork top out on the trail, and just overall feeling my fork too much.

After I had the upgrade installed by a shop, my fork changed completely from a fork I didnt like to a fork that I now love.

the rebound adjustment is still not as slow as a fox when comparing slowest to slowest, but I find it to be ok.

At the same time, I had the spacer removed to let it use the full 170mm of travel. and I am getting all of it as sometimes my o-ring is pushed all the way to the fork crown.

I have heard the oil levels are super critical with these forks and they can limit your travel if there is too much.

I would say do the upgrade, mine was like 250 bucks installed.

I love my bike now, even more...

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    I ended up getting rid of the Lyrik altogether and go with a Fox Van 180.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 4

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    What I am looking for is if I can get by with doing a DH Mission Control Damper and if this will be a worthwhile upgrade. Or, if I absolutely need to do both the damper and rebound. I am reading conflicting info about this upgrade. Not interested in replacing the fork at this time. Thanks.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Only reason I changed forks was to go to a coil rather than an air shock. As for the dh mission control damper, I did it and didn't do the rebound and it worked ok. I think it would've worked better if the fork would've been a coil. The air shock ramps up different than coil and the compression stroke reacts harsh in my opinion.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 4

mtbr member

Re: Lyrik R (on late model Enduro Comp)

Hi all, so I have just had my lyrik rc2 dh solo air rebuilt with the new travel adjust from 160mm and 130mm. Does anyone know if with this new travel adjust that I can still remove the spacer to get it up to 170mm?

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Guys,i have a Lyrik R that come with my Enduro 2010,now on my actual SB66 ,i upgrade the internals ( both rebound and compression damper to RC2DH)i discovered that my LSC knob stopped working,i have to send the compression damper to a suspension guy,can i use the rebound damper dual flow with only the original red compression cap that originally came with the Lyrik or should i remount the original rebound damper??thanks for the help.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2