mtbr member
    Dec 2013

Looking for a new fork for an old GT

I'm the original owner of a 1997 or 1998 GT Outpost Trail. I hung it up the garage in about 2001 and haven't touched it since. It has no rust and nothing else really going on. I'd like to use it now to ride with a buddy.

According to bikepedia it has a 1" headset which severely limits my fork choices. Is getting an older Rockshox Judy or Marzocci Bomber a bad idea? Where should I look for one of these?

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    What type of riding are you going to be doing? There is absolutely nothing wrong with the used market, you just have to know the product you're looking into and how the product was used.

I would try your local craigslist, pinkbike, and ebay. These will provide you with the most results out of the box, you can also try searching this forum.

I bought a fork off of pinkbike and had a good experience, just make sure the person has a track record to show for.
    08 Enduro: '12 Van RC2, Push DHX 5 coil, Flow EX, Hope m4, 750mm bar, Blacklite Post.

Website
    http://all-mtn.com/

mtbr member
    Feb 2014
    I also have an older outpost trail that I'm planning to put some money into. I have seen a decent selection of front forks on eBay and some of those are priced well. Most of the stuff on pink bike is 1 and 1\8" but I think there were a couple forks on there that would work