mtbr member
    Sep 2017

New question here. Looking for My Everything Bike

Hello,

I am looking for my next bike with a budget of ~1300. I want something aggressive 27.5 1X HT and a somewhat slack geo. Currently riding on a Giant Revel 29er( that i break something on everytime i ride) So looking for something that can take a beating. Come from a BMX and a MX background. Only have been riding again for about 3 months now. (7 years since i raced MX competitively) and i feel like my bike cant keep up with my riding. Been eyeballing the DB SYNC'R but none of my LBS carry them (or really anything other than road or XC bikes due to flat terrain here in San Antonio). I want something simple that i can ride just about anywhere i want. My wife and I do tend to travel alot (Have family near Mtns In NM and several spots on the East Coast). Any pointers would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Dan

Co Springs
    Sounds like a good plan.
    I'm not real current or up to date on everything but in general, I got myself talked into a do all bike that works for what I wanted and purchased my newest bike (in 14 years) 5 months ago.

IMO, you'll do fine by what you know and want per style, brands and frame geo etc...
    I think the the details like tire tread and type and even width of the tires will help you fine tune any Do ALL bike to the trails, paths or multi-terrain venues you'll expect to encounter.

My bike is a 'trail' type bike that can be used more for bikepacking so it's not as slack but I am really happy to be on 27.5+ that might be too wide (3.0) for your intentions / applications. The 27.5 x 2.4 or 2.6 might do really well and of course, you'd just alter that once you found the right bike.
    Good luck.
    In the Middle Ages, the biggest mistake was not putting on your armor because you were 'just going down to the corner.'

mtbr member
    Sep 2017
    Thanks man, I say on a Raleigh Tokul 3 and Dat Tire, just feels to big.

mtbr member
    Check out Whyte bikes online. They sell direct to customer on the US and have a range of hardtails with modern, do-it-all geometry. I own an older 905 (before they changed it to plus tyres) and I use it for everything, from multi hour XC to shorter bikepark style rides and rough natural trails.

Spec is usualy on point too, component selection tends to be optimised for real world riding, not shop floor bling.

Kona's Honzo would be another bike I'd look at, but it's got 29" wheels. Not sure if theres a spec level that fits your budget from the alu ones, but it's one of the first (if not the first) "fun" 29ers.

Ragley also have a range of very capable hardtails, both in steel (more $) and alu (less $) and 27.5 or 29 wheels.

mtbr member
    May 2017
    Framed Marquette.

mtbr member
    Ragley

mtbr member
    Sep 2017
    Yea i have been looking at the Ragleys but i can not find an lbs to sit on one

mtbr member
    Might want to check Kona Explosif...

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Haro Subvert isn't a bad package in your price range.
    Sinister Bikes
    Wraith Bicycles
    Sunday River Mtn Bike Park
    NEMBA
    Wachusett Brewing Co.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by EatsDirt View Post
    Might want to check Kona Explosif...
    This. Plus you can easily convert to a single speed and back if that's an option you want. With fall coming, everything is on sale so you could probably build a good one for around $1100. That's what I did last year.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Aug 2017
    I love my syncr. Super nimble and feels good on the trails. Light and nicely spec'd, especially if you find it on sale somewhere or can get it through one of the corporate sites.

mtbr member
    Aug 2015
    Commencal Meta HT AM will do the job :-)