mtbr member
    Sep 2011

Looking for a LEFT Ergon GR2 bar end

Anyone have a spare LEFT bar-end for an Ergon GR2 grip?

I over-tightened the bolt on my Ergon GR2 bar-end and broke it off inside. I couldn't drill it out, and the threads were probably sheared anyway. This seems like a design flaw (I over-tightened it because it wasn't clamping after the crash), but I love the grips and am willing to give them another try.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

b a n n e d
    Same thing happened to me . . . I plan to replace the clamps. Have you checked the Ergon site? They do sell "spare parts" . . .

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    Yup, there are spare parts on the Ergon website. I got this reply from the Customer Service rep for Ergon:

"The GR2 barends for 2010-11 is currently out of stock. Should have resupply by end of Sept."

The replacement bar ends ARE LISTED FOR $57.95, which is more than I paid for the pair on EBay. Trying the scavenge route first.

mtbr member
    Why don't you contact Ergon, let them know what happened to you, and see if they will help you out? Never know, but it won't hurt to ask.
    CyclingCentralVa.org

AZ
    banned

b a n n e d
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidR1 View Post
    Why don't you contact Ergon, let them know what happened to you, and see if they will help you out? Never know, but it won't hurt to ask.
    I think his name is Jeff, and he will likely post here.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    I have a left ergon grip because some moron stole only the right grip. Was it you?

Ergon Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by zingiberish View Post
    Yup, there are spare parts on the Ergon website. I got this reply from the Customer Service rep for Ergon:

"The GR2 barends for 2010-11 is currently out of stock. Should have resupply by end of Sept."

The replacement bar ends ARE LISTED FOR $57.95, which is more than I paid for the pair on EBay. Trying the scavenge route first.
    Correct, the GR2 GFK style barends are out of stock. The $57.95 you are quoting above is for the carbon barends, which are much more expensive that the GFK barend material. GFK barends are closer to the $30 price point.

Re-supply is on the water. Waiting on the product to hit the USA Customs....then our SoCal warehouse.

Jeff K
    Ergon USA

Ergon Bike
    This is same model...but different model year. These are the pre-2010 GR2's. The grips/barends in this eBay ad are not compatible with the current GR2 grip models.

Jeff K
    Ergon USA

bottom dweller
    Apr 2007
    Same thing happened to me. I just ordered one from Ergon's site after finding this thread.

This happened over a month ago and I had since tried the GC2's but i didn't like them as much, hands felt more cramped and didn't like how hard the barend felt (magnesium).

anyone figured out how to stop these from moving when torquing on them?

I use them on my SS rig and when I'm grinding uphill I always manage to turn them when they're set at the appropriate tension.
    "What's the use of a fine house if you haven't got a tolerable planet to put it on?" ~Thoreau

Ergon Bike
    These barends are now instock to customers in the USA.

Check it out here: https://www.ergon-bike.com/us/en/sho...ry/spare-parts

The part you need is GR2, GR2 BioKork, GX2, and GS2 Barend (LEFT)

Jeff K
    Ergon USA

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by unezridr View Post
    Same thing happened to me. I just ordered one from Ergon's site after finding this thread.

This happened over a month ago and I had since tried the GC2's but i didn't like them as much, hands felt more cramped and didn't like how hard the barend felt (magnesium).

anyone figured out how to stop these from moving when torquing on them?

I use them on my SS rig and when I'm grinding uphill I always manage to turn them when they're set at the appropriate tension.
    Put the grip on first. Push them in and leave a little bar for your handle to screw to. Then install the bar end. Make sure you don't break the bolt by screwing too hard.

Ergon Bike
    99% of the time when bolts break, it is because of the installation not being 100% correct. The gripset and barend are not on all the way causing the bolt to bend when the clamp over-clamps when tightened. The installation manual with all barend models highlights the amount of free handlebar space needed for each model. For example, the GR2/GP3....

Looking for a LEFT Ergon GR2 bar end-screen-shot-2014-05-03-9.04.41-am.png

It is a common occurrence, in fact I saw it personally at this years Sea Otter and Whiskey Off-Road, and had to reinstall customers grips.

Of course, if they are installed correctly and issues still arise, take them to your Ergon retailer for inspection and warranty assistance.

Jeff K
    Ergon USA