Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Nov 2012

Looking for the best 2000-3000$ allmtb!

Hi,
    I started mtb this year. I'm saving for a all moutain bike. My budget is around 2000-3000$. I'm 6'4'', 230 pounds. I want to be able to do some drops, jumps and little DH. Any suggestions??

mtbr member
    2010 GT Avalanche Expert

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Canyon | Mountainbikes | Strive AL 8.0

not sure if they ship to the US though .

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by b45her View Post
    Canyon | Mountainbikes | Strive AL 8.0

not sure if they ship to the US though .
    they dont
    2010 GT Avalanche Expert

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    YT industries Bikes

The Wicked series is exactly that. Euro conversion can be found here: XE - The World's Favorite Currency and Foreign Exchange Site

The wicked 160 works out to be around $2800 plus shipping. Not sure how long it will take to get the bike though.

mtbr member
    Giant Reign 2 ?

mtbr member
    Trek Fuel EX8 or Remedy 8
    Look down the trail...then put an "H" on your chest and HANDLE IT!!

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    I was thinking about the santa cruz nomad maybe?? Those Yt industries bikes look awesome too! Not sure about the fuel ex8 I want at least 150mm of travel.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    The YT bikes are the best spec for the $$$$ i've seen. If your budget was $4k then the Wicked 160 LTD can't be beat. The regular Wicked 160 is still beast.

Let the good times roll.
    Diamondback Mission, my last bike. Excellent all-around AM bike
    Diamondback Mission Bike 2013 > Complete Bikes > All-Mountain & Trail Mountain Bikes | Jenson USA Online Bike Shop

Titus El Guapo, my current bike. Fun mini-DH bike with my current build, but also good for AM.
    Titus El Guapo X9 Lyrik Reverb CCDB

Specialized Enduro or Stumpy Evo depending on if you want better performance on milder trails or on aggressive AM. You should be able to find one on sale and in your price range...
    Specialized Bicycle Components
    Specialized Bicycle Components

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    I want my bike to still be fun for xc because i don't near a mountain but if I see a hill around i still want to be able to take it!

Let the good times roll.
    All the bikes I listed will be fun for XC (or can be with the right parts). Just some will be faster than others. Most of the mini DH feel with my Titus comes from the Angleset, 170mm fork, and 65d HA. The stock build will feel more nimble and more like a typical AM bike.

mtbr member
    Get an enduro. It's getting rave reviews and I cherish mine. I owned a nomad which was good but the enduro is even more plush downhill and faster! I got a 2011 comp brand new for 2,300. Well in your budget with plenty of spare change. There's still one for 2,300 at my local LBS UC Cyclery in an XL which would be your size. Call them, I bet they would ship it to you. I can't find it on their website, but I know they have it instore. They also have an enduro evo for 2,700. Good deal! Specialized Enduro EVO - UC Cyclery | La Jolla, CA

mtbr member
    Yeah someone who is 6'4" will fit perfectly on a 15" frame since that's all they have left in stock.

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    slayer is a great ride though, rocky mountain makes a really good bike i'm sure he can find it somewhere else

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    lol 15'' frame.
    Yeah my local bike shop have both specialized and rocky mountain! You said the enduro was more toward DH right? but how does it fill for xc compare to say the nomad and slayer? Like I said i don't to hold off if I want to try sometimes crazy but I also want to be really fun for XC because of my current location!

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    I was reading reviews on the enduro comp! Seems like a very very good bike with good DH capabalities! I think I'll go to my local bike shop and if I can find any deal! .

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ihaveagibsonsg View Post
    Yeah someone who is 6'4" will fit perfectly on a 15" frame since that's all they have left in stock.
    my bad. somehow missed that. you can find those bikes similarly priced elsewhere though and the slayer does meet your criteria.

Sent from my LG-P930 using Tapatalk 2

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Welric View Post
    I was reading reviews on the enduro comp! Seems like a very very good bike with good DH capabalities! I think I'll go to my local bike shop and if I can find any deal! .
    My enduro comp is the business. I feel like a broken record on this forum, but the bike recommendation topic is a daily subject around here. I love my enduro, I owned an enduro BEFORE I owned a nomad, slayer, reign, xam ect. and I'm back riding an enduro again. I love my enduro. It pedals great, does XC rides no problem and seriously nails the descents! This bike is shuttle worthy and could ride to the top under its own power with no issues. It's only limits is the person who pedals it. Don't even think about it, just get it.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    another vote for the endure comp

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    Maybe a used pivot 5.7?

Flying in High in the Sky
    Jul 2011
    I vote for the Enduro Comp also. It's just a great all-around bike right out the box.

zul
    Will Guide for Beer
    +1 on the Mojo SL @ 140mm: Full Carbon frame / DW Link. $2,700 = done deal. This was a $5,000 just a year or two back ... eek! STEAL!!! Comparable carbon bikes (Nomad) are still over $5k.

Also, +1 on Giant Reign 2 ... $2,400 MSRP includes seat dropper. Saw it listed on Bikes Direct for $2,100.

Good time of the year to find deep discounts on 2012 bikes.
    If lovin you is wrong, I don't wanna be right

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast