Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Hooligan

Loaded Precision warranty?

I bought an Ibis Mojo from a guy who I know through NEMBA. I have ridden with him a few times and he is incredibly easy on his equipment. On the bike were a pair of Loaded Precision AMX flat pedals. I liked them a lot, they were low profile, very grippy, and spun very smooth. Anyway, about 5 serious rides in, I was cranking up a moderately steep hill in a rather tall gear and something gave out. It felt exactly like a chain popping, but I looked down to see that instead the pedal spindle had sheered apart right under my foot. I have emailed the company twice in the past week and a half but they will not respond. Does anybody know anything about this company or their warranty policy? at the very least I want to buy a new drive side spindle, as the pedals are relatively new and I can't afford new ones.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Loaded Precision warranty?-pedal-snap-2.jpg  

mtbr member
    Sep 2004
    I had a pair break (internals failed), no warranty love from Loaded - they stopped responding after I told them I bought pedals through a 3rd party (Amazon). I didn't follow up with earnest after that, though. They seemed like they would work with you, though, after seeing the internals, I decided to get something a bit more robust (ended up with ti spindle Nukeproofs for around same costs)

mtbr member

Re: Loaded Precision warranty?

I think it depends on who you talk to, if Anthony answers the phone, hang up.... I had no problems dealing with anyone else there.

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    I did the same exact thing to my loaded flats. I bought them at my lbs so they handled the warranty. I bought a new set with the money the lbs returned me, the owner is a friend and he said he ate the cost because loaded wouldn't do anything for him warranty wise.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    First off, let me apologize for any miscommunication or lack of communication you may have experienced in the past. We have made some changes at Loaded and have been receiving feedback that it's for the better. We value Customer Service at Loaded Precision, and would like to solve everyone's pedal issues. We have done a complete redesign and it has taken much longer than anticipated. However we wanted to ensure the new design was solid, hence the delay. We are expecting the new pedals in the next few weeks. Honestly it has been a long journey to get here and understand that people are frustrated with the wait. We have made many improvements to increase durability and functionality including an extended spindle and larger bearings among a few other developments.

Please send us an email at sales@loadedusa.com. We will take care of you.

@Warboom, we will replace your IBD's pedals or give them credit for something else. My guess is your IBD is probably still waiting for the replacements which are en route.

Again, we plan to take care of the pedals as soon as they come in.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    What address have you been using to send your inquiry? I want to check with IT to see how this was missed. Thanks!

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    I'm sure that Amy is well aware of how big of an impact poor customer service and/or the unwillingness to honor warranty claims can have on their consumer base.

I'll be watching this thread. I saw some of the loaded stuff and considered purchasing some, and at this point I'm glad I held off. Time will tell...

Hooligan
    That is the E-mail address I have been using. I have sent 2 e-mails from RiBush @ comcast.net, one containing the picture that is posted in this thread. should i send another? I think I'm a pretty reasonable person and don't want to be annoying, but I don't appreciate being ignored either.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    We did have an issue with emails with the change of hands. We thought the sales@ email was going to the appropriate person, but it turns out they weren't landing in their box. I suspect that the email fell through the cracks however I believe we can recover it and we will do a better job combing through the emails and pass them on to the person who can handle it. You were not being ignored intentionally.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Also, when in doubt, give us a call 760-789-9513!

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    I thought something must have happened with loaded because ya'll were awesome swapping out some faded hbars.
    Im going to talk to my lbs and see if he still has the pedals.

Loaded Precision warranty?-img_0611.jpg

Loaded Precision warranty?-img_0610.jpg

Hooligan
    wow warboom, that IS exactly what happened to mine! same side and everything. it must be something about those red pedals...
    do you know if your spindles were cromo or ti? i'm not sure how to tell the difference. it gave out suddenly, without any flexing or give and there is no rust to be found them, although obviously that doesn't mean there ti. any definitive way to tell them apart?

Hooligan
    And Amy, I got your e-mail and created a profile on the loaded site. what happens now? Thank you so much for being proactive, I really appreciate you taking the time to help.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtdawg21892 View Post
    And Amy, I got your e-mail and created a profile on the loaded site. what happens now? Thank you so much for being proactive, I really appreciate you taking the time to help.
    Great! We'll email/call you with your RA number and instructions.

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    to be honest, why would any company warranty parts that where bought used?
    besides pedals are cheap, just go buy some.

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    Tim these pedals were $140ish they are not cheap at all

And dirtdawg my spindles were chromo and it happened in the parking lot while bouncing the fork it broke off and my foot slammed the ground which hurt. And then the crank rotated on the other side which tore up my back lol.

Hooligan
    Still waiting on that RA number, but I got an e-mail from Amy on Friday saying that it was in the works. I really appreciate that they found this thread and responded, but I find it odd that my e-mails directed at the company were not answered or never received.

mtbr member
    Still waiting on that RA number, but I got an e-mail from Amy on Friday saying that it was in the works. I really appreciate that they found this thread and responded, but I find it odd that my e-mails directed at the company were not answered or never received.
    Uhhh, yea. I found that odd too. When she came back here and said the whole "slipping through the cracks" and we'll recover it thing. I took that as "I searched your email address in the inbox and saw your emails". lol
    2011 Trance x1

All good things in all good time

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    We honestly didn't see the emails. If we did, they would have been addressed. We're a small office here, and our customer service is catching up. dirtdawg2189, as mentioned, you'll be receiving your RA and instructions by end of day today.

Quote Originally Posted by mizzaboom View Post
    Uhhh, yea. I found that odd too. When she came back here and said the whole "slipping through the cracks" and we'll recover it thing. I took that as "I searched your email address in the inbox and saw your emails". lol

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by amyjdeleon View Post
    We honestly didn't see the emails. If we did, they would have been addressed. We're a small office here, and our customer service is catching up. dirtdawg2189, as mentioned, you'll be receiving your RA and instructions by end of day today.

Good, because I have been considering buying a stem, some bars, seatpost and clamp, from you folks...and got a little disillusioned when I saw this thread. Glad you made your presence known and seem to be taking care of these folks.
    2011 Trance x1

All good things in all good time

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    We're certainly not perfect, but we try to take care of our customers. Shoot us a photo of your bike when it's all built up. We'll post on our social media outlets etc.

Good, because I have been considering buying a stem, some bars, seatpost and clamp, from you folks...and got a little disillusioned when I saw this thread. Glad you made your presence known and seem to be taking care of these folks.

Hooligan
    Thanks Amy! I got my RA# and will be sending the pedals out tomorrow. You are single-handedly redeeming this company.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Thanks! However I can't take all the credit. We do have a good team here now. The changing of hands did shake things up but we're feeling pretty good at this point. We're all hoping the pedals arrive soon. I am giving you a heads up that there will be a slight wait but we'll update you when they're available.

Thanks Amy! I got my RA# and will be sending the pedals out tomorrow. You are single-handedly redeeming this company.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    I highly advise it, I've got a blue seatpost, ti stem and blue crankring bolts from loaded and they are LEGIT.
    2013 Ibis Mojo HD Special Blend with dropper post, hope/stans wheelset and hope x2/m4 brakes

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    All their products are very good. I had their stem, bars, seat clamp and chainring bolts on my last bike and loved them.

I am going to buy the 98g ti stem for my road bike and probably the seat post clamp as well

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast