Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation: KRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    9,913

    Liteville 601: The AM 26er not dead yet.

    Just saw a really nice review of this bike in the new Mountain Flyer magazine. Very impressive at 7.3lb frame weight and some really cool Syntace components including some awesome 40mm wide rims. Full wheelset was only 1595grms.

    For those of you lamenting the demise of your favorite 6"-7" (the Liteville is 190mm) all mountain/fr crusher (RFX, Highline, Delirium etc), this deserves a look.

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation: honns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    520
    I love me some Liteville, and as bummed to see the link does not work. C'mon Mountain Flyer, broken links are a rookie mistake.

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    26

    Link to MTN Flyer Review

    Quote Originally Posted by honns View Post
    I love me some Liteville, and as bummed to see the link does not work. C'mon Mountain Flyer, broken links are a rookie mistake.

    http://radsportusa.com/Info/MF_review.pdf

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation: honns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    520
    Thank you kindly.

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation: crank1979's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    1,545
    The 601 looks great.

    I was lucky enough to test the 301 and felt it performed better than my Pivot Mach 5 for XC, so I bought one. They are really well thought out.

    I also replaced my Pivot Firebird with a Nicolai Helius and the Nicolai feels better again. The HL design from those two German brands feels different to the Specialized HL.

  6. #6
    Grams Light Bikes
    Reputation: pastajet's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    2,266
    The 601 was my fave at this year's Interbike Dirt Demo. It ate up the gnarly Bootleg Canyon terrain like it wasn't even there, and it still pedaled really well. A classy winner.

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation: KRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    9,913
    Quote Originally Posted by pastajet View Post
    The 601 was my fave at this year's Interbike Dirt Demo. It ate up the gnarly Bootleg Canyon terrain like it wasn't even there, and it still pedaled really well. A classy winner.
    I didn't see Liteville there. Were they teamed up with another booth? Sorry I missed this. Would've like to have taken it for a spin.


    @Juniperbike: Thanks for posting up the (functional) link.

  8. #8
    Grams Light Bikes
    Reputation: pastajet's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    2,266
    Quote Originally Posted by KRob View Post
    I didn't see Liteville there. Were they teamed up with another booth? Sorry I missed this. Would've like to have taken it for a spin.


    @Juniperbike: Thanks for posting up the (functional) link.
    KRob, they were in the Syntace booth, down by Yeti.

  9. #9
    Zombie Uprising
    Reputation: tp806's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    594
    Nice Liteville 601, bike mountaineering...


  10. #10
    mtbr member
    Reputation: honns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    520
    I really like rock climbing, but you know what would make it more fun? Carrying a 30+ lb mountain bike up on my back in my biking gear...


    ...said no one ever.

  11. #11
    Zombie Uprising
    Reputation: tp806's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    594
    Quote Originally Posted by honns View Post
    I really like rock climbing, but you know what would make it more fun? Carrying a 30+ lb mountain bike up on my back in my biking gear...
    ...said no one ever.
    Me neither, I just don't get it. If they wanna start from the top, why don't they just helicopter in, just like skiers do?

  12. #12
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Fix the Spade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    2,372
    Quote Originally Posted by tp806 View Post
    Me neither, I just don't get it. If they wanna start from the top, why don't they just helicopter in, just like skiers do?
    Because the going rate for a day's heli-biking is over a thousand Euros?

  13. #13
    Zombie Uprising
    Reputation: tp806's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    594
    Well, I guess they could get it as group of...10 riders, then it will be a more reasonable price, for a one-off. Instead of risking falling off form a cliff with the bike on your back, not even riding it...
    Never-mind this is a rhetorical debate, anyway.

  14. #14
    mtbr member
    Reputation: KRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    9,913
    I was wondering why they didn't hike up the same route they rode down. It looked very steep, but at least didn't required roping in (I assume they went down a different route... maybe they just didn't show those vertical cliff parts on the descent in the edit).

    Wow. Awesome "riding" in any case.

Similar Threads

  1. Show off your Liteville!
    By crank1979 in forum Custom Builders & Other Manufacturers
    Replies: 48
    Last Post: 07-07-2014, 11:59 PM
  2. Liteville 301?
    By crank1979 in forum All Mountain
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-24-2013, 03:12 AM
  3. Anybody has a Liteville 601 XS?
    By Happykiller in forum All Mountain
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-16-2012, 03:07 AM
  4. Liteville 301 help
    By TheNihilist in forum All Mountain
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-30-2011, 09:01 PM
  5. Liteville 301?
    By crank1979 in forum Custom Builders & Other Manufacturers
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-18-2011, 11:12 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •