mtbr member
    Nov 2005

Light 1.5" steerer fork

I'm looking for a lighter fork for general trail riding as well as XC riding/racing. Right now i have a domain and it's really heavy. I saw this revelation cheap on bikewagon

http://www.bikewagon.com/Rock-Shox-R...-p8796265.html

I assume it's so cheap cause i've seen a few bad reviews about them breaking or because there is no market for a light 1.5" fork

The bike is a vagrant. I'm trying to get the weight down a little, i guess it's around 35lbs

I'm looking for the sektor in 1.5" and 20mm axle, the rockshox site says they do make the size, but i can't find it.

Spice
    Dec 2008
    Dont know how the weight compares.... but crc are selling these 32 float rl's dirt cheap
    http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/M...?ModelID=49298

mtbr member
    Why not run a reducing headset? Either one that will accept 1 1/8 or tapered. It would open up your options by a large margin.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatcm
    I assume it's so cheap cause i've seen a few bad reviews about them breaking or because there is no market for a light 1.5" fork
    It's cheap because hardly anyone buys full 1.5 forks and Bikewagon has loads.

I have one (from Bikewagon), the deal is genuine, the fork is excellent. The first few months of RS current Air-Uturn line up were faulty, whether design or manufacture they weren't reliable, but that's cleared up now.

That's a good fork, check it over when you get it, it might need Oil and grease (mine did, RS suck at putting the right amounts in their forks) but other than that I recommend it wholeheartedly.

#Edit, as far as I know the 1.5 and Tapered Sektors or OEM only.

usually cranky
    ^what fix the spade said. and personally id go for a lyrik. the weight penalty is not huge and i think the vagrant is a frame that really needs the extra beef.

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Thanks for the info.

I realized the lyrik was on the site for not much more....

I'll probably stick with that.

mtbr member
    Dec 2008
    That Lyrik is an amazing deal, I put one of those on my trail bike and LOVE it

mtbr member