I manage to do a bit of climbing on my Yeti AS-X (a lot like the Bullit). It works fine as long as I have a gear I can keep turning seated. Geometry seems to make the biggest difference. Fortunately, I can drop the fork enough to be balanced on a moderately steep climb.
Originally Posted by zephyr11
I'd consider the Titus El Guapo as well. It was designed to be a great climbing bike. I am very impressed with it's climbing abilities, considering how great it is on the descents.
Originally Posted by zephyr11
it looks prettier than my road bike with full campy with gold ano wheel sets.
I'm not hating it! I grew in in the inner city and love bling! I still can't wrap my head around flat black components. I have a dull metallic grey frame with all flat black components. Shiney is easier to clean than flat black.
Both a superlight and a heckler would do fine climbing. the superlight will climb better than the hecker though
Look at the way this heckler is propped up. The front of the bike (fork/wheel/ bars) are closer to the camera than the back. You can tell by looking at the lines on the wood floor. That's creating the illusion that the fork is larger relative to the bike than it really is.
The 36 on a heckler is a great setup.
Well it's like 3 inches closer, but I can see what you mean. I know that the 36 has been a popular choice for the Heckler...that's prob. what I would have done too had it not been for this picture.
Yeah but his stem is far too high...for that set up at any rate. My 2cc worth, the bike is nice though.
Alien Surf Team
Ding Ding Ding!!! It's time to play the stupid question game: What does the numbers 32 & 36 means?
I'm going to guess it's the diameter of the fork tube. 32mm or 36mm.
32 and 36, here, mean different Fox fork series, and their stanchion diameters. There's also 40.
* Frame Size & Color: Ibis Mojo / Small / Vivious Blue
* Fork: Rockshox PIKE 454 (air) 140mm.
* Brakes: AVID Juicy 7 Carbons / 203mm rotors front and back
* Cranks: Race Face
* Front Derailleur: Shimano XT
* Rear Derailleur: Shimano XTR
* Pedals: Shimano Xpedo
* Stem: Thomson 90mm
* Handlebar: OS Carbon Riders
* Seatpost: Thomson
* Saddle: Fizik Gobi
* Grips: ODI
* Front Tire: Panaracer FireXC Pro 2.1 (UST)
* Front Rim: Mavix Crossmax XL
* Rear Tire: Panaracer FireXC Pro 2.1 (UST)
* Rear Rim: Mavic Crossmax XL
*Rear Shock: RP23
* Weight: 13kg / 28.6lbs
you must be from SGP, got it from C2C?
don't think there's any other country in the world that uses this kind of car plate.
btw; thanks for everyone who replied, i was lookin at the sinister gruitr, which is like a beefier ver of the heckler...
and also the 575 which is a lil bit XCish plus i don't feel safe with carbon seatstays.
and also the banshee rune.
Yes I am from Singapore. And yes its from Ben of C2C.
Originally Posted by zephyr11
My '06 Reign 2
Fork: Manitou Nixon Super Air, 145mm travel
Rear Shock: Fox Float RP3, 6" travel
Handlebars: Easton Monkey Lite XC
Grips: Race Face Good vs Evil
Brakes: '08 Avid Juicy Carbons (185 fr, 160 r)
Shift Levers: SRAM X7
Rear Derailleur: SRAM X9
Front Derailleur: Shimano Deore LX
Stem: Thomson Elite
Crankset: Race Face Evolve XC X-Type
Seatpost: Race Face Evolve
Saddle: WTB Rocket V Pro SE
Peddles: Crank Brother Candy
Wheels: WTB LaserDisc Trail
Tires: 26 x 2.30", Kenda Nevegal Stick-E (r), Kenda Blue Groove (fr)
Cyclocomputer: VDO C3 DS Digital Wireless
Krome: Nice rides, both the Evo and the Mojo!
Eyexcell: you should've gotten the 36t supercharger, that bashguard looks too big, nice bike though!
Commencal vip supreme -06
Marzocchi all mountain sl2 -07
Mavic 819 tubeless
Maxxis Ignitor 2,35"
Timeless cheaco hubs
XTR front mech
XT Shadow rear
Race Face Ride cranks and rings
Truvativ titanium BB
Juicy 5 brakes 6" rear and 7" front
Easton EA30 bar
Titec Knock post
SGD Belair titanium
Odi Ruffian grips
that is one pimped out idrive5........
Originally Posted by krome
sweet ride, always good to see locals here...
Nice rides! love the look of that XTR rear derailleur....
dont know if it is considered an AM bike
but it has handled every type of terrain ive ridden, this is my first bike...
03 Santa Cruz Heckler /Edit: just found out its a superlight
* Frame Size & Color: Large White
* Fork: Manitou Minute
* Brakes: Shimano XT
* Cranks:Shimano XT
* Front Derailleur: dont know
* Rear Derailleur: X0 SRAM
* Pedals:Cheapies(forte) needed to get rid of the clip ons
* Stem:easton Chris King
* Handlebar: Monket lite Carbon
* Seatpost: Easton Carbon
* Saddle: WTB (currently switched for comfort)
* Bottom Bracket: dont know
* Cassette: dont know
* Headset: Chris King
* Grips: Yeti
* Front Tire: Kenda Nevegal
* Front Rim: Mavic 717
* Front Hub/Skewer: XTR
* Rear Tire: Kenda Nevegal
* Rear Rim: Mavic 717
* Rear Hub/Skewer XTR
* Weight approx15-20lbs
The don't knows are because this is my first and im new to the sport.
Last edited by Pan1c; 05-24-2008 at 03:24 PM.
What are you looking at?
That is a great first bike
08' Haro Extreme X6
* Frame Size & Color: Med.- Scarlet Fever
* Fork: Marzocchi XC600 TST 2
* Rear Shock: Marzocchi Roco R Coil - 700x2.25
* Brakes: Hayes MX2
* Cranks: Truvativ Ruktion
* Front Derailleur: Shimano Alivio
* Rear Derailleur: SRAM SX-5
* Pedals: Pivit DH Platform
* Stem: Syncros AM 31.8 clamp
* Handlebar: Syncros Bulk Bar
* Seatpost: Syncros Derived
* Saddle: SDG Bel Air Railed
* Bottom Bracket: Truvativ Howitzer
* Cassette: SRAM PG-850 8-Speed
* Headset: Ritchey Zero stack Internal Cup
* Grips: Pivit Lock-On
* Tires: Kenda Nevegal 2.35; w/ Stick-E Rubber
* Rims: Sun Hill Rod
* Hub/Skewer: Pivit Disc 32h
* Weight: 38 lbs
my '06 reign.
* Frame Size & Color: Lg, blue reign 3
* Fork: fox 36 R, was a TALAS, converted it to float and set travel @ 140mm
* Rear Shock: fox float r, 7.875x2
* Brakes: avid juicy 5 SL
* Cranks: raceface deus
* Front Derailleur: Shimano deore
* Rear Derailleur: SRAM X-9
* Pedals: shimano ...
* Stem: thomson
* Handlebar: answer carbon
* Seatpost: thomson
* Saddle: old a$$ flite
* Bottom Bracket: dura ace
* Cassette: XTR 12-32
* Headset: Zero stack Internal Cup
* Grips: rogue Lock-On
* Tires: rampage 26"x2.3 rear, neo moto (650B) 2.3 front
* Rims: stan's ZTR355 26" rear/650B fr
* Hub/Skewer: hope pro 2 both bolt=on
* Weight: 31 lbs
Last edited by onespeedpaul; 05-26-2008 at 12:49 PM.
A 650b Reign, must be an interesting ride, nice!
lol, what can i say, it rides like a bike!