mtbr member
    Dec 2013

KS Suspension Customer Service is THE WORST in the industry

I have a 6 month old 2013 KS Lev that's been ridden 1x week and worked great until it started slipping up 1-2" after being set in the position. Not to mention the red cover with a rubber gasket that dry rots and breaks quickly needing zip ties to keep it covered is horrible design. So I sent my seat post in 7 weeks ago and still don't have it back despite their website saying "most issues serviced same day". Well, apparently they're waiting for parts to be manufactured and shipped to the USA. No replacements available or offered, this company needs a wake up call. No wonder they don't have any social media sites for customers to share what really happens....thanks KS for keeping me off my new Santa Cruz for over 7 weeks! What a joke.

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    Are you telling me you don't have a regular post to use while that thing is getting warrantied?

mtbr member
    Apr 2012

Re: KS Suspension Customer Service is THE WORST in the industry

FWIW, I sent in my LEV that needed some service and got it back in a week. 7 weeks is a bit long, though...

From what I understand, their operations isn't as big as most others, so they might be loaded up right now. I'm sure the holidays don't help shipping times either.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Sorry to hear about your trouble with both the seatpost and their CS. 7 weeks is very very long. I've had to send my I950-R to them twice and and got it back in two weeks both time. Considering I'm in Canada and they're in the usa, I was pretty satisfied.

I would suggest you get a spare seatpost like a thomson or anything that fits so at least you can ride your bike in the meantime. Any ride is better than no ride.

mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    Yeah, I usually have a spare post but in the process of thinning the quiver and spare parts. Not wise but prob gonna buy one this weekend if this post doesn't come home soon.

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    My frame as an interrupted seat tube so I bought that thing as a spare : Titec EI Norte 'Scoper MTB Prolite QR Seatpost 30.9mm 350mm FR/DH - Bikewagon

Looks dumb with the double seatpost clamp and its pretty heavy but it does the job just fine.

The White Jeff W
    7 weeks is definitely a long time to wait but I sure as **** wouldnt let a wonky seatpost keep me off my bike that long. Buy a cheap rigid post & go ride ffs.
    No moss...

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Have you placed a call with them? How about before you ***** you do a little research. I am sure they will correct the issue with you.

Sounds like you might be a little bit of a drama queen if you don't have a back up laying around.

mtbr member
    Sep 2013
    I fully support the OP on this. When you send something to be serviced they should keep you updated especially if something unexpected happens.

And of course there will always be some people who will play cool and speak about drama queens etc until of course they will face a similar situation.

mtbr member
    May 2009
    I agree that 7 weeks is a long time for a warranty issue. Obviously we don't know both sides of the story, but it seems like if they didn't have parts in-house that they would just replace his post. After a couple of weeks, I would have called KS and asked them about the progress.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by jonshonda View Post
    Have you placed a call with them? How about before you ***** you do a little research. I am sure they willing correct the issue with you.

Sounds like you might be a little bit of a drama queen if you don't have a back up laying around.
    The trend of jumping on the OPs in these types of threads is stupid. He is just sharing his experience, no need to be a dick.

I have also been waiting for KS to return my post. They have "only" had my post for 5 weeks. I talked to the KS rep and he assured me it was an easy fix, so I sent the post in and then received an email saying that they have no parts and no ETA. I call and email at least once a week and the story hasn't changed. I agree with the OP that this is very poor customer service. regardless of your operating size, it should be pretty easy to tell when you are running low on service parts and make sure you never run out. Communication with them is also very difficult. Emails are rarely returned and most calls go to voicemail.

With any dropper post you should always have a backup and luckily my Reverb is still working great. I do miss the extended travel of the Lev, and the easy actuation.
    "Mi amor Nuevo Miércoles!"

-cabra cadabra

mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    Of course I've emailed them, called and talked to them, etc. Hence creating some negative PR for them here and to warn others like me. It's a total joke, they have no inventory of replacements for customers. Really? What kind of operation maintains no inventory for expected defective parts.

And I used a telescoping post about 10 years ago, was really great, just needs the remote for on the fly adjustments. And I used to have extra posts but just sold thru my backup bikes and parts...poor timing. Going to the store to buy a cheapie post and nudging my lawyer to send KS a letter about their lemon products.

mtbr member
    I guess it's different for everyone.
    I have 4KS posts currently.
    KS has been excellent with service and warranty work when needed.
    All my emails were returned quickly and the work they did fixed the issues.
    Before I sent the posts in, I was told what the expected turnaround time would be.
    Posts were returned to me within a week of me sending the posts out.
    I've found KS to be very helpful.
    Two of my posts have been flawless.
    I've got one post going on 2 years of use(multiple rides every week) with nothing required other than normal maintenance.
    Two posts needed seal replacement very early in their life, and have been excellent once KS did the warranty repairs. Both of these were from one of the first batches of posts that KS brought to the US market.
    My LEV hasn't given me any grief.
    I've never felt lead on or been fed inaccurate info by KS.
    If a vendor told me that warranty parts were out of stock and there was no current ETA for replacement, I wouldn't have sent the item in for repair expecting a reasonable turnaround. If it was warranty work with an excessive delay, I would have asked from day one for a complete replacement item and not repair of the failed part.
    If it was non warranty service that was needed, then that's a different story. Supply chain problems happen.
    I ride KS posts because I have found them to perform well for a long period of time and to be very reliable throughout their service life.

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Yeah, just getting the phone answered for quick question is almost impossible. Love the post but when it (i950-r) developed an annoying habit of not returning to a full and upright position the biggest assistance I got was right here. All info needed was found in the forums and the seatpost works great again.

They are lucky that the it works so damn good 99% of the time.
    They could take a C/S lesson from Ibis.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by steve86 View Post
    Yeah, just getting the phone answered for quick question is almost impossible. Love the post but when it (i950-r) developed an annoying habit of not returning to a full and upright position the biggest assistance I got was right here. All info needed was found in the forums and the seatpost works great again.

They are lucky that the it works so damn good 99% of the time.
    They could take a C/S lesson from Ibis.
    KS really need to learn their CS from ibis.

How I wish ibis make adjustable seatpost.

No Clue Crew
    I've had no problems with them. My fixed i950R took less than two weeks.

mtbr member
    Oct 2013
    They have had my post for almost 5 weeks now. I have emailed them numerous times and called. They finally responded and can give me no eta date. I will be selling when it comes back and buy another companies brand. I love the seat post and think they have a great product but their CS is lacking.