Mr. Knowitall

KS LEV integra or RS Reverb Stealth - routing and weight.

I just ordered a new frame, which has a different seatpost size as my current frame.

As I need a new seatpost, I am a bit torn between KS LEV Integra and Reverb Stealth. The former has a lighter weight (?) and I really like the lever, and the latter has smooth function, I have the tools for it and my girlfriend also has one (good for standardization of spares). The LEV also seems to have the option of 150mm travel in 30.9mm, which the Stealth doesn't

Does anyone have any experience with both and would like to share? I think mostly on ease of use, maintenance (or -"free"), durability and such.

I know there are serveral issues with the RS Reverb, but there also are so many more of them on the market, so head to head experience it much more appreciated.

unrooted
    I have only had experience with the Reverb-non stealth. It is a PAIN IN THE Arse!!!

I have to bleed it constantly, put air in it before every ride. I got an insane deal (BRAND NEW 2012) for it and I've only been on it for 2 weeks. From what I've heard the KS Lev is the only way to go. Why the F@#$ SRAM thought they should use a hydraulic remote lever is beyond me!!!

If I could do it over I would have spent the extra on the KS.

Mr. Knowitall
    You definitely have a bad post, as my current Stealth has been good for the entire season, but now has started to sag a bit. My girlfriend's one regular from 2011 has been working great for 2 seasons with no bleeding until we had to do a full rebuild this spring. Your (seat)post sounds like a warranty issue or your (forum) post is just SRAM flaming. I like SRAM, because I can now go in my shed and fix my post with instructions and tools made available for me.

unrooted
    I promise it's not SRAM flaming, it is likely a bad post, or I jacked an o-ring on the bleed port???

When I received it in the mail it only had 200 psi in it.

I was seriously thinking about getting a pike, but I'll wait and see what a rebuild on my seatpost does.

Although IMVHO SRAM deserves every ounce of bad reputation they have. Have you ever tried dealing with their warranty department??? I live in the middle of nowhere so I am forced to drive 3 hours to a shop or buy on-line, they do not work with online shoppers.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    We have three Reverb seatposts. They work very well when working. One of them is a 2011 model and still works well for my wife. I had a 2011 model and had to send it back for warranty. It was stuck down and would not return up. Got a 2012 warranty replacement and now it does not want to return up even after multiple bleedings. Its also spongy. Got a 2012 model on another bike and had to send it in for warranty repair as it would not return up even after multiple bleedings. Needless to say, Im not too happy with the Reverb although they did warranty them. Thinking of going to the Lev next time.

mtbr member
    WTF is a KS Lev Integra? I have the KS Lev.

Dissolved member
    Skip the Reverb, go with the Lev.

mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    Integra has internal routing.I currently have the non Stealth Reverb for a year now and has been totally reliable as well as several of my friends who do to.I can get the Lev at cost and have heard good things about them but really not sure if it would be a significant trade off.no one I currently know has one to get some real world feedback from.

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    No matter what any individual's luck has been with the Reverb, what in the heck is the point of hydraulic actuation of a dropper post? It makes no sense. My Lev has been fantastic.

mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    Well looks like I will be sporting the Lev Integra on my Pivot Mach 6 when it comes in,hard to refuse my dealer just gave it to me for my frame kit order,how sweet is that!

unrooted
    That is sweet!

From everything I've read there have been a lot more issues with the reverb than the Lev. My guess is due to the slightly simpler design.

The Thomson looks similar to older KS shocks, it appears, so that alone should speak volumes IMHO.

mtbr member
    I had a reverb on my last bike and never had a problem, I now run a KS Lev and again no problems, both had at least a year on them. I prefer the Lev over the Reverb for two reasons, the first is there is no bleeding involved with the Lev and secondly the actuation lever. The KS lever is integrated right into my grip and there are no worries about turning the bike over on the trail when it needs work. The reverb lever is prone to damage when mounted on top of the bars and I was never able to get a good position trying to mount it underneath. Also you can mount the KS lever on the left or right as you see fit.

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    Does the Lev have a gold or silver stantion. Every pic I see it looks different. I have never seen one on a bike.

Poacher
    Sep 2010
    I use glue on OURY grips. I think I will cut the rubber to fit the Lev remote. Should be just as trick as using an ODI.

Poacher
    Sep 2010

New lev today!

KS LEV integra or RS Reverb Stealth - routing and weight.-image.jpgKS LEV integra or RS Reverb Stealth - routing and weight.-image.jpg

Poacher
    Sep 2010
    Painted the KS cover black (it was red), and fastened the cable housing to the brake housing. Install took about 2.5 hours, but I think everything is exactly correct according to instructions. Torque wrench is key.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by hoolie View Post
    Painted the KS cover black (it was red), and fastened the cable housing to the brake housing. Install took about 2.5 hours, but I think everything is exactly correct according to instructions. Torque wrench is key.
    2.5 hours? Holy crap, now I need to figure out what I missed when I set mine up.....

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Must have waiting on the paint to dry????

Took me maybe 20 minutes tops and most of that was removing and mounting my old saddle. The lever and cable and routing took no time at all but I had factory guides to run it through.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    I have a Stealth Reverb, after 2 months it blew the seals out. Had to go without it for almost 2 weeks while I had it repaired under warranty. Recently had to bleed it for a new install which was a PITA. I've used the KS Lev and it really was smoother in my opinion than the hydraulic Reverb. I'd go with the KS Lev if I were to do it again. Really no benefits IMO to go with the Reverb.

*Update, after 1 month, I will need to re-bleed the Reverb. Its performance sucks, the post has too much stiction and gets stuck when trying to drop it down before getting into some tech stuff where I need it down. Once you open up to max speed for letting the seat go back up, it looses pressure and then requires a re-bleed. REVERB SUCKS, the KS Lev doesn't have the stiction issues the reverb has.
    Last edited by Nickk6; 1 Week Ago at 10:23 AM.
    2013 Santa Cruz Bronson C