mtbr member
    Jan 2005

KS Lev Availability?

The Lev seems to be in very limited supply and backordered for months at some of the few stores that carry it.

Do you think this is just a supply/demand issue or is KS still working on fine tuning the design?

father, mountain biker
    Quote Originally Posted by walkman View Post
    The Lev seems to be in very limited supply and backordered for months at some of the few stores that carry it.

Do you think this is just a supply/demand issue or is KS still working on fine tuning the design?
    Given the various design flaws I've found with the head clamp on mine, my guess is they are working on fine tuning the design. Hoping maybe they'll come out with an improved head clamp that I can swap out.
    "He seems quite arrogant and ignores quite some valid points." -Millfox
    "I don't like you" -ne_dan

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by shredjunkie View Post
    Given the various design flaws I've found with the head clamp on mine, my guess is they are working on fine tuning the design. Hoping maybe they'll come out with an improved head clamp that I can swap out.
    What was the problem with your head clamp? I haven't noticed anything wrong with mine so far.

I'm living the dream!
    PricePoint has them in stock. I just ordered earlier this week and received a notification that it shipped yesterday. If there's a problem with the head clamp I hope it was fixed prior to the batch I'm getting mine from.

I'm living the dream!
    Dub'd
    Last edited by Ricky D; 11-30-2012 at 12:02 AM. Reason: Double post

father, mountain biker
    Quote Originally Posted by nybike1971 View Post
    What was the problem with your head clamp? I haven't noticed anything wrong with mine so far.
    The various issues with the head clamp (wobble, creaking) have been discussed here already:

Nothing bad enough that I'm not satisfied with the functionality of the product, but enough to make the wonder if the design had been fully thought out and tested.
    "He seems quite arrogant and ignores quite some valid points." -Millfox
    "I don't like you" -ne_dan

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by shredjunkie View Post
    The various issues with the head clamp (wobble, creaking) have been discussed here already:

Nothing bad enough that I'm not satisfied with the functionality of the product, but enough to make the wonder if the design had been fully thought out and tested.
    Really odd as I have been on my KS i950 for over two years and have not had any issues with the head clamp (OK, it is not as nice as a thomson, but no clamp is)