Thread: ks lev

mtbr member
    Sep 2004

ks lev

just wondering if anyone can tell me the size of the bolt heads used to tighten the rails of the seat onto the seatpost. mine keep coming loose and the seat moves forward. all the allens I try seem to be to small or to big. Just wondered what the actual size is so I know if its stripped or not. thx. This is for the new ks Lev not the old one with the single bolt

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Not sure if there is sa difference in models, but I am running a 27.2 and the seat bolts are 4mm.

Along these liness, I have noticed that with my cheaper allen wrench set, the sizes appear to be slightly off and I find myself using SAE when it calls for metric. As a result, I invested in a new set of bondhus wrenches and the sizes are much more accurate

www.derbyrims.com
    Take a bolt with you to the hardware store and match the tread and length.

My new 150mm Lev loosened up one time after a couple rides, when I thought I had tightened it very snug. I think the clamp wasn't alighted when I tightened it. This time I've used blue Loctite and checked and tightened after each ride for a couple weeks. The first check did show loosening, I think the clamps settled into their center during the first ride. Since then it has remained tight each time I've checked.