Page 1 of 23 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast
    mtbr member
    Apr 2010

... and if we just ... KS LEV 125mm. Am I the first to have?

I purchased the KS LEV 125mm at Sea Otter Classic yesterday from the guys at KS. I installed it this morning and so far I like it. The build quality feels solid and like that there is no cable that moves around. I had a crankbrothers Joplin with remote before, so the upgrade was increased.

Mounted on my 2010 S-Works Enduro.

Here is a quick video.

KS LEV Video | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    very nice, Lever looks slick too.

mtbr member
    nice!

mtbr member
    That looks like a nice post. Did you pay $400? That's a tough price to swallow.
    Kindshock Lev Seatpost 125mm > Components > Saddles and Seatposts > Seatposts | Jenson USA Online Bike Shop

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by dump View Post
    That looks like a nice post. Did you pay $400? That's a tough price to swallow.
    Kindshock Lev Seatpost 125mm > Components > Saddles and Seatposts > Seatposts | Jenson USA Online Bike Shop
    I paid 395. Bright side is, I didnt have to pay tax or shipping.

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    Pffff. For 400 bucks they can keep it.

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Have you checked out the CB Kronolog? I'm in the market for a dropper, and it is between the two. KS seems to have a nicer lever.

Did the KS reps mention when the Lev is hitting the stores?
    idiom - raleigh hard rock
    http://www.idiomband.com

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by stevehollx View Post
    Have you checked out the CB Kronolog? I'm in the market for a dropper, and it is between the two. KS seems to have a nicer lever.

Did the KS reps mention when the Lev is hitting the stores?
    I asked when I could pick one up and he said right now and handed me one. Sorry he didn't say when at the stores. The kronolog is cool and all but I didn't like the lever and I wanted to try a different company since I had a Joplin.

STS
    mtbr member
    Did you weighted it before mounting?

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by FabianSeelye View Post
    I'm in the market for a dropper
    Me too. Also deciding between kronolog and this.

Do you mind telling a bit more about how it performs? Plays? Solid feel? Actuation feel?

STS
    mtbr member
    And weight please

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    I don't have a scale to weigh the post guys. I'm sorry. I know its lighter than my old joplin 4. First impressions on the post: there is zero play anywhere in the different heights where you put the seat. The button feels solid and springs back up after you press it. The odi clamp design is great. Cleaned up some handlebar real estate. Cutting the hose and cable and install was cake. Took my time to make sure it was the right length. I like how the cable hookup to the seatpost is at the base compared to the kronolog. I feel the ks is a cleaner setup. I left the psi alone because I think it's fast enough for me and it won't slam me in the balls like the Fox. Btw. I played with the fox post and I didn't like it at all. I don't know if I didn't know how to use their remote but I only could get it in three positions. Top, mid, bottom. Nothing in between. Plus I didn't like the 80s gear shift style remote.

AFI
    mtbr member
    Good to hear. I ordered the 150 mm Lev from BikeBling, still hasn't shipped though. Hoping to get it before the Fruita trip in a couple weeks...

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    The Fox only has 3 positions.

Knomer

I have(almost) every dropper post available, including a Reverb Stealth(not pictured), but haven't ridden the LEV yet.

Does anyone know how to rotate the cable attachment point on the LEV? I backed out the 2 set screws, but I don't think that's the answer. I think the key might be the knurled collar above the attachment box, but I'm not sure.
    Global Director of Sales: Knolly Bikes

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Dusty Bottoms View Post
    I have(almost) every dropper post available, including a Reverb Stealth(not pictured), but haven't ridden the LEV yet.

Does anyone know how to rotate the cable attachment point on the LEV? I backed out the 2 set screws, but I don't think that's the answer. I think the key might be the knurled collar above the attachment box, but I'm not sure.
    I was taking to one of the guys at the KS booth. He told me that the cable attachment point does not move. You rotate the base of the post to where you want the cable. The seat clamp on top is supposed to come off and rotate to indexed points.

I was ready to buy a 150mm post, but was told they wouldn't be out until July =(

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Yeah you rotate the top seat clamps. Not the base

Knomer
    Quote Originally Posted by tsmithr1 View Post
    Yeah you rotate the top seat clamps. Not the base
    Ah ha! Got it. Thanks.
    Global Director of Sales: Knolly Bikes

Greystoke
    Quote Originally Posted by ECNiz View Post
    I was ready to buy a 150mm post, but was told they wouldn't be out until July =(
    Speaking of 150mm post any other manufacturers doing or about to put out a 150 or longer adjustable post. I'm finding the 125mm offerings a little short .

I've heard about "The Rase Black Mamba" but not sure how good it is & whether I want to sit above something called a Black Mamba......

STS
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dusty Bottoms View Post

as you also have the LEV, can you weight it, please?

mtbr member
    REALLY? Some of you need to go over to the weight geeks forum me thinks. FWIW, KS has already stated that the Lev will be about a 100 grams lighter than their 950 so do the math.

Have FUN!

G MAN
    "There's two shuttles, one to the top and one to the hospital" I LOVE this place!!!

STS
    mtbr member
    Yes but it's usual that manufacturers lies about the weight
    I already have a reverb and the only reasons to buy the KS lev would be saving 100g and cable insertion

You are lucky to have the LEV available because the Sea Otter

Thanks anyway

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Not familiar with the KS posts but have been checking this one out. How many positions does the Lev have?

MattSavage
    Quote Originally Posted by UNKLE RIKO View Post
    Not familiar with the KS posts but have been checking this one out. How many positions does the Lev have?
    Infinite
    "I wrote a hit play! What have you ever done?!"

Have Ashtray, Will Travel....

mtbr member
    Can you measure the height between the top of the seatpost clamp and where the inner post starts? I'm trying to decide between this and the Kronolog, the 2.5 inches that the Kronlog requires only leaves me 3.5 inches of adjustability due to my height. Hoping the Lev can insert into the frame farther.

Page 1 of 23 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast