• 04-22-2012
    tsmithr1
    KS LEV 125mm. Am I the first to have?
    I purchased the KS LEV 125mm at Sea Otter Classic yesterday from the guys at KS. I installed it this morning and so far I like it. The build quality feels solid and like that there is no cable that moves around. I had a crankbrothers Joplin with remote before, so the upgrade was increased.

Mounted on my 2010 S-Works Enduro.

http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5346/6...8e1f3947_z.jpg

Here is a quick video.

KS LEV Video | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
  • 04-22-2012
    On3_kn0WN
    very nice, Lever looks slick too.
  • 04-22-2012
    V.P.
    nice!
  • 04-22-2012
    dump
    That looks like a nice post. Did you pay $400? That's a tough price to swallow.
    Kindshock Lev Seatpost 125mm > Components > Saddles and Seatposts > Seatposts | Jenson USA Online Bike Shop
  • 04-22-2012
    tsmithr1
    Quote:

Originally Posted by dump View Post
    That looks like a nice post. Did you pay $400? That's a tough price to swallow.
    Kindshock Lev Seatpost 125mm > Components > Saddles and Seatposts > Seatposts | Jenson USA Online Bike Shop

I paid 395. Bright side is, I didnt have to pay tax or shipping.
  • 04-22-2012
    birdman829
    Pffff. For 400 bucks they can keep it.
  • 04-22-2012
    stevehollx
    Have you checked out the CB Kronolog? I'm in the market for a dropper, and it is between the two. KS seems to have a nicer lever.

Did the KS reps mention when the Lev is hitting the stores?
  • 04-22-2012
    tsmithr1
    Quote:

Originally Posted by stevehollx View Post
    Have you checked out the CB Kronolog? I'm in the market for a dropper, and it is between the two. KS seems to have a nicer lever.

Did the KS reps mention when the Lev is hitting the stores?

I asked when I could pick one up and he said right now and handed me one. Sorry he didn't say when at the stores. The kronolog is cool and all but I didn't like the lever and I wanted to try a different company since I had a Joplin.
  • 04-22-2012
    STS
    Did you weighted it before mounting?
  • 04-23-2012
    h2ored
    Quote:

Originally Posted by FabianSeelye View Post
    I'm in the market for a dropper
    http://www.tmetv.com/4.jpg

Me too. Also deciding between kronolog and this.

Do you mind telling a bit more about how it performs? Plays? Solid feel? Actuation feel?
  • 04-23-2012
    STS
    And weight please
  • 04-23-2012
    tsmithr1
    I don't have a scale to weigh the post guys. I'm sorry. I know its lighter than my old joplin 4. First impressions on the post: there is zero play anywhere in the different heights where you put the seat. The button feels solid and springs back up after you press it. The odi clamp design is great. Cleaned up some handlebar real estate. Cutting the hose and cable and install was cake. Took my time to make sure it was the right length. I like how the cable hookup to the seatpost is at the base compared to the kronolog. I feel the ks is a cleaner setup. I left the psi alone because I think it's fast enough for me and it won't slam me in the balls like the Fox. Btw. I played with the fox post and I didn't like it at all. I don't know if I didn't know how to use their remote but I only could get it in three positions. Top, mid, bottom. Nothing in between. Plus I didn't like the 80s gear shift style remote.
  • 04-23-2012
    AFI
    Good to hear. I ordered the 150 mm Lev from BikeBling, still hasn't shipped though. Hoping to get it before the Fruita trip in a couple weeks...
  • 04-23-2012
    Kwisatz
    The Fox only has 3 positions.
  • 04-23-2012
    Dusty Bottoms
    http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m...2/IMG_0120.jpg

I have(almost) every dropper post available, including a Reverb Stealth(not pictured), but haven't ridden the LEV yet.

Does anyone know how to rotate the cable attachment point on the LEV? I backed out the 2 set screws, but I don't think that's the answer. I think the key might be the knurled collar above the attachment box, but I'm not sure.
  • 04-23-2012
    ECNiz
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Dusty Bottoms View Post
    I have(almost) every dropper post available, including a Reverb Stealth(not pictured), but haven't ridden the LEV yet.

Does anyone know how to rotate the cable attachment point on the LEV? I backed out the 2 set screws, but I don't think that's the answer. I think the key might be the knurled collar above the attachment box, but I'm not sure.

I was taking to one of the guys at the KS booth. He told me that the cable attachment point does not move. You rotate the base of the post to where you want the cable. The seat clamp on top is supposed to come off and rotate to indexed points.

I was ready to buy a 150mm post, but was told they wouldn't be out until July =(
  • 04-23-2012
    tsmithr1
    Yeah you rotate the top seat clamps. Not the base
  • 04-23-2012
    Dusty Bottoms
    Quote:

Originally Posted by tsmithr1 View Post
    Yeah you rotate the top seat clamps. Not the base

Ah ha! Got it. Thanks.
  • 04-24-2012
    geo025
    Quote:

Originally Posted by ECNiz View Post
    I was ready to buy a 150mm post, but was told they wouldn't be out until July =(

Speaking of 150mm post any other manufacturers doing or about to put out a 150 or longer adjustable post. I'm finding the 125mm offerings a little short .

I've heard about "The Rase Black Mamba" but not sure how good it is & whether I want to sit above something called a Black Mamba......
  • 04-24-2012
    STS
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Dusty Bottoms View Post

as you also have the LEV, can you weight it, please?
  • 04-24-2012
    Gman086
    REALLY? Some of you need to go over to the weight geeks forum me thinks. FWIW, KS has already stated that the Lev will be about a 100 grams lighter than their 950 so do the math.

Have FUN!

G MAN
  • 04-24-2012
    STS
    Yes but it's usual that manufacturers lies about the weight
    I already have a reverb and the only reasons to buy the KS lev would be saving 100g and cable insertion

You are lucky to have the LEV available because the Sea Otter

Thanks anyway
  • 04-24-2012
    UNKLE RIKO
    Not familiar with the KS posts but have been checking this one out. How many positions does the Lev have?
  • 04-25-2012
    mattsavage
    Quote:

Originally Posted by UNKLE RIKO View Post
    Not familiar with the KS posts but have been checking this one out. How many positions does the Lev have?

Infinite
  • 04-25-2012
    SpartanDano
    Can you measure the height between the top of the seatpost clamp and where the inner post starts? I'm trying to decide between this and the Kronolog, the 2.5 inches that the Kronlog requires only leaves me 3.5 inches of adjustability due to my height. Hoping the Lev can insert into the frame farther.