Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 17 ... LastLast
    mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    MBA reviews it and KS posts the review here:
    http://kssuspension.com/wp-content/u...-of-KS-LEV.pdf

Raymond Donald Franklin
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark N View Post
    Yes I suffered this a few days ago. Thought it was me not installing correctly and just re tightened them up. I will keep an eye on them now though and loctite if if continues.
    I'm little late here, but I had this happen on my first ride after installing my LEV. My foot came off after landing a small jump and my arse landed on the saddle.

It wasn't that the bolts backed off, but the part in the red circle got bent upwards and the bolts lost tension. I tightened the bolts, and I haven't had a problem since (knock on wood).
    Attached Images Attached Images  

bike rider
    Quote Originally Posted by Katz View Post
    My foot came off after landing a small jump and my arse landed on the saddle.

The part in the red circle got bent upwards and the bolts lost tension.
    Your avatar is a photo of you doing a drop to flat. I'm guessing you break stuff sometimes
    Keep the Country country.

Now older but less slow!
    Got mine today, a 30.9x125mm.

The shock weighs 482g. I haven't weighed the hardware yet.

KS LEV 125mm. Am I the first to have?-imageuploadedbytapatalk1348107741.252607.jpg

KS LEV 125mm. Am I the first to have?-imageuploadedbytapatalk1348107753.592043.jpg

Raymond Donald Franklin
    Quote Originally Posted by Lelandjt View Post
    Your avatar is a photo of you doing a drop to flat. I'm guessing you break stuff sometimes
    That's part of the game

I made a spacer to reduce volume in the air can on my RP23. I wanted to test to see if I'd still use up all travel, and my 48-foot flatbed trailer parked in our backyard caught my eyes

AFI
    mtbr member
    Rode my Lev 150MM last night for the first time and loved it.

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    So far so good on mine, wishing I had a wooden keyboard. Nearly 2 months use and all is well.

bike rider
    Quote Originally Posted by AFI View Post
    Rode my Lev 150MM last night for the first time and loved it.
    Where did you get it? If from your LBS, do you know what distributor they used?

Now older but less slow!
    I put my 125mm on this evening. It is the perfect length for my 5'11" on a Tallboy LTc frame. At full extension the collar is only a few mm above the clamp.

The cabling is very tidy as well. I like that it clamps to the post at the bottom.

Mine is a little sticky right now so I hope that goes as this beds in.

KS LEV 125mm. Am I the first to have?-imageuploadedbytapatalk1348207477.891187.jpg

KS LEV 125mm. Am I the first to have?-imageuploadedbytapatalk1348207498.290560.jpg

I put the adjuster just in front of the first cable clip.
    KS LEV 125mm. Am I the first to have?-imageuploadedbytapatalk1348207545.377171.jpg

One issue I do have is the trigger. I have to leave the clamp bolt fair loose. If I clamp it tight then the pivot on the carbon trigger binds and becomes stiff. Perhaps this is my grips. I have Lizard Skin Peaty grips and not ODI lock ons. I not sure if they are compatible but I gave it a try. If the bolt comes loose then I may go back to a separate trigger and locking thingy.

KS LEV 125mm. Am I the first to have?-imageuploadedbytapatalk1348207827.579035.jpg

mtbr member
    I've been looking to get a dropper for a couple of months now & thought I'd reached
    a decision on which one was gonna be the best for my bike.Unfortunately/fortunately I have a commie meta 5 which has a 27.2 tube So the choices aren't that great.The LEV has no cable flapping about but the i7R with the external reservoir would seem to be more solid & ultimately more reliable than the LEV in 27.2.Also us poor lads over here in Europe won't see a LEV in the size required until the beginning of 2013.

mtbr member
    I just received my 31.6 100MM LEV and had it's first ride yesterday. It is amazing. Works flawlessly, I am extremely happy with my purchase. I purchased from Bike Bling.com. I ordered in May 2012 and was on the waiting list. Well worth the wait.

mtbr member
    Mar 2006

Cool-blue Rhythm

I got a 6 year old IronHorse with a 30mm seatpost. Am I out of luck getting one of these to fit?

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    First dropper I've used so I can't compare to others, but it works pretty well from where I sit. No movement while pedaling, simple flick of switch and drops or pops back up. No complaints there. As far as using a dropper post for the first time... wow! Its like the iPhone 5, how did I ever manage to survive before this came along? One interesting thing for me: I never realized how much I was actually sitting on descents. Now with no seat my legs were definitely telling me they're working. But I now feel like my weight is more properly on the pedals and might be starting to understand what all these people are talking about when it comes to corners. Anyway, happy camper here!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails KS LEV 125mm. Am I the first to have?-dropperpost.jpg  

Now older but less slow!
    I took my dropper out for its maiden ride through the rock gardens of Hall Ranch here in Colorado. It's a good test. Long climbs with various sections of smooth single track and extremely technical rock gardens. Similarly fast descents on flowy single track and steep descents in the rock gardens.

The ability to tweak the saddle height for climbing and descending and dropping it on the fly is a revelation. I hit one of the rack gardens way too fast on one steep section. The bike bucked when it hit a wall of a rock but plowed on through. I think if I had not dropped my saddle I could have had a very painful dismount.

I noticed a couple of issues though.

1) I'm having difficulty getting the precise height I want for the post. Previously I would adjust my regular post a few mm at a time. I found a few mm made all the difference. Now I'm having issue hitting the right height for my "trail" position. For me this is 10-15mm below max height. I find I often drop below this then I have to adjust the saddle back up. The trick I worked out towards the end on the ride is to drop the saddle, get my butt where I want it and the raise the saddle back up. Any other tricks for getting you precise height?

2) I had the saddle come loose on me during the ride. I feel that with the rounded nuts they have the chance to work loose. Is locktite the solution? How do I prevent this?

Thx.
    Last edited by TheNormsk; 09-21-2012 at 09:59 PM.

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    Great post but the clamping mechanism sucks donkey balls!!! Few rides in and the round nut comes loose and the bolt falls out..of course I don't notice cause my weight is towards the back of the seat( so was holding the seat in place from me sitting on it)..start to go down a hill,stand up on the pedals and the seat falls forward...wtf.. I look down and no rear nut or bolt(this is going to be a fun ride home)..of course god only knows where on the trail the nut and bolt fell out.. I go a ways back and look for the nut and bolt but of course didnt find them.. So had to work my way home sitting the entire time so the seat didnt fall forward and or loose the other nut and bolt...

So KS--- you suck for that F#$ked design with the round nut and bolt setup....

Instead of bothering to contacting ks for another screwy round nut and bolt... I went to Home Depot and McGivered a replacement.. I used a 1/4" x 20 x 1.5" flat head Philips bolt(the head angle fits perfectly in the beveled area where the bolt head from ks went).. Had it facing up so the nut would go under the seat.. I used 2 washers and a nylon lock nut... This worked perfect.. Of course you have to tighten it with a wrench-- but that was ok.. Took a small wrench with me for the first ride-- dialed it in and that was that.. No more worries of that stupid round nut and bolt setup that ks came up with coming lose and falling off.. KS should be ashamed of themselves.. Instead of coming up with a system that has a redundant locking system to it(bolt with a locking nylong insert etc)-- they went for the blingy setup that looks good but sucks...

Other then that-- i love the post lol..
    Last edited by SB Trails; 09-21-2012 at 09:45 PM.

bike rider
    Quote Originally Posted by Coned Out View Post
    I got a 6 year old IronHorse with a 30mm seatpost. Am I out of luck getting one of these to fit?
    Your seat tube can be enlarged to 30.9 with a flex hone. Some bike shops can do this or buy one and do it yourself. You hone it a little at a time and test fit a 30.9 post.

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    Since re tightening the seat bolts mine has been fine, touch wood. I think I was a bit to gentle with the first tightening. If you are worried then bang some blue Loctite on to the thread to be sure but you then may struggle later to get it undone so do not use too much.

It does take a bit of time to get used to the height adjustment. Based on my experience you do get it right with practice.

Now older but less slow!
    I used blue Loctite on it. As I cranked the bolts down to 10Nm it did dawn on me that it may be somewhat difficult to undo later on.

I've got use to the height adjustment now. Part of my issue was that the high position I determined my saddle was not high enough for sustained climbing. Once that was fixed hitting my trail position is a lot easier now.

I did a long 7 mile 3000ft downhill on Sunday. Being able to tweak my saddle height on the fly depending on grade and rockiness at the time really enabled me to hammer the descent without stopping.

To KS the shock is good but the bolt attachment is poor. Why the heck did they use round nuts?

bike rider
    Bikebling says they have 150mm LEVs in stock. We'll see if it ships or not.
    Last edited by Lelandjt; 09-24-2012 at 08:55 PM.

mtbr member
    Well I ordered mine on early August and still haven't received it so...

mtbr member

Locks in up position at random

I have the LEV 125mm on an Ibis SLR. Has worked well until now. Had bolt issues early on -additional tightening required. Also, loud creaking on big hits (scary) but more lube around the rail contact areas fixed that.

Now post will randomly stick in up position. I repeatedly work the release button & push down on seat. Seems that rocking the barrel adjuster MIGHT help, but can't be sure. Post will suddenly start working again. Not sure why. I do keep post clean. Anyone else with this?

Emailed KS - no reply.
    I like to bike.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fairfaxian View Post
    I have the LEV 125mm on an Ibis SLR. Has worked well until now. Had bolt issues early on -additional tightening required. Also, loud creaking on big hits (scary) but more lube around the rail contact areas fixed that.

Now post will randomly stick in up position. I repeatedly work the release button & push down on seat. Seems that rocking the barrel adjuster MIGHT help, but can't be sure. Post will suddenly start working again. Not sure why. I do keep post clean. Anyone else with this?

Emailed KS - no reply.
    I would call KS, there # is on the site.
    When I called them they were great to deal with.

bike rider

Emailed KS - no reply.
    Cable issue? Like it doesn't have enough tension or isn't pulling enough.

mtbr member

Emailed KS - no reply.
    Post internal nylon string is lose, try taking out the bottom cap of the post and retighten the nylon tread. Do not over torque the bolt, or else the string will break.

mtbr member
    Thanks for the replies -will try those remedies. I did get a message back from KS. Said it might have to be sent back.
    I like to bike.

Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 17 ... LastLast