Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 16 ... LastLast
    mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ban View Post
    Are you guys having problems with the bolts of the clamp loosening or the seat moving?
    Yes I suffered this a few days ago. Thought it was me not installing correctly and just re tightened them up. I will keep an eye on them now though and loctite if if continues.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mdemm View Post
    Thought I'd chime in. I've been using one of the 125mm Lev's now for the past month. Having never used a dropper seat post before. I was a little sceptical to say the least, especially considering the money these dropper posts cost. After using same. I can honestly say that hands down, it's the best component I've added to my bike !!! Its used countless times on each ride. Positive engagement wherever you set it, smooth as butter. Confidence inspiring when the going gets tough. KS did there homework, and got it right with the LEV... If it helps ??? AEBike sells them for $ 312.00 (out of stock). Got BBling to price match, as they had them in stock. -Highly Recommended-
    How did you get them to price match? BB says the item must be in stock at the competitors store. I ordered mine from Price Point and they charged me full price before ever contacting me. Unfortunately its going back. $426 is just too much.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by G-AIR View Post
    $426 is just too much.
    Agreed. That's what's kept me from getting one as well.
    If jackasses could fly this place would be an airport.

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by G-AIR View Post
    How did you get them to price match? BB says the item must be in stock at the competitors store. I ordered mine from Price Point and they charged me full price before ever contacting me. Unfortunately its going back. $426 is just too much.

Not sure if this help you or not but it looks like it is $340 plus shipping at $20 here

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    How did I price match ? I called BBling and spoke with someone in sales. Confirmed they had the LEV in stock. Inquired about price matching AEB. They checked and said it should not be a problem. Asked me to submit through there website, the price to match / info regarding same. 4hrs later I had an email from BB, confirming they'd PM AEB + ship + tx. Done deal !

mtbr member
    I sent my LEV seat post in last week for some warranty work.
    I called them and within 5 min they emailed me a RMA#. I shipped the post to them and they had it back to me within 1 week (most of the time was in shipping).
    I have to say that they are a very good company to deal with.

father, mountain biker
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock dude View Post
    I sent my LEV seat post in last week for some warranty work.
    I called them and within 5 min they emailed me a RMA#. I shipped the post to them and they had it back to me within 1 week (most of the time was in shipping).
    I have to say that they are a very good company to deal with.
    Curious, the Lev just came out this year correct? What warranty work did it require so soon?
    "He seems quite arrogant and ignores quite some valid points." -Millfox
    "I don't like you" -ne_dan

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    What type of warranty work did you need to have done? How many hours or miles did the post have on it, please?

mtbr member
    I have one of the first ones released and the inner cable snapped. They have had a couple other ones with the same issue and since then they have fixed the problem on the new ones.
    The one thing I will say is they were very easy to get on the phone and took care of me right away.
    I'm not a very easy person to please and they did.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Great thread, lots of good info!
    Does anyone care to give yet another status update now that they have almost a full season on the lev?

bike rider
    Here's my status update: WHERE THE F*CK IS THE 150mm?!?!
    When the LEV was announced the stationary cable was part of the hype but for many riders the extra inch of drop was the big news.
    Keep the Country country.

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    I have had mine for 4 months now with at least 150 hours and more than a couple of crashes, lots of intentional technical drops, and jumps, and zero issues. Still waiting for a long term review, too. Oh, and Bike Bling is selling them for $345 with a price match. Shop around for a deal. I did. I also had a 2012 Reverb that failed in less than 3 months. Rockshox supported it really well, but I did not want to continue to have it replaced. I did not like the control line moving up and down in my suspension linkage so the KS LEV was a nice upgrade for me. I also like the KSs remote much better. If the KS fails, I may go back to a standard seatpost and wait for a bombproof option, but so far, so good.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Post #79 in this thread had a good tip. 15% off, free shipping and, depending on where you live, no tax adds up to a lot of savings - I think the best deal I've seen among the options (I went for it last night).

MattSavage
    Quote Originally Posted by Lelandjt View Post
    Here's my status update: WHERE THE F*CK IS THE 150mm?!?!
    When the LEV was announced the stationary cable was part of the hype but for many riders the extra inch of drop was the big news.
    It's been out for a long time... But only available in the 435mm length post.
    "I wrote a hit play! What have you ever done?!"

Have Ashtray, Will Travel....

bike rider
    Quote Originally Posted by mattsavage View Post
    It's been out for a long time... But only available in the 435mm length post.
    Can you find one for sale online? The three distributors that can sell KS posts to my LBS haven't received any. I also haven't seen anyone on a forum say they have one.

I'll be stoked if you're right but also surprised that they haven't had more presence.
    Keep the Country country.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by CliffEN View Post
    I have had mine for 4 months now with at least 150 hours and more than a couple of crashes, lots of intentional technical drops, and jumps, and zero issues. Still waiting for a long term review, too. Oh, and Bike Bling is selling them for $345 with a price match. Shop around for a deal. I did. I also had a 2012 Reverb that failed in less than 3 months. Rockshox supported it really well, but I did not want to continue to have it replaced. I did not like the control line moving up and down in my suspension linkage so the KS LEV was a nice upgrade for me. I also like the KSs remote much better. If the KS fails, I may go back to a standard seatpost and wait for a bombproof option, but so far, so good.

I have been waiting on mine from bike bling for close to a month now.

MattSavage
    Quote Originally Posted by Lelandjt View Post
    Can you find one for sale online? The three distributors that can sell KS posts to my LBS haven't received any. I also haven't seen anyone on a forum say they have one.

I'll be stoked if you're right but also surprised that they haven't had more presence.
    Hmmm... I guess you're right. QBP and BTI don't have them. I know I saw them at QBP a month or so ago. Maybe they only had a few. I didn't order one cause I just ordered the Supernatural shortly before. Bummer...

mountain biker
    Quote Originally Posted by shredjunkie View Post
    Only thing left to do now is to replace the stock QR seat clamp with some non-QR orange bling... any recommendations?
    if it's not too late already, Straitline make one... I have one on my DH bike. looks nice.

also, since I'm posting on this thread, anyone find any remedy or cause for that play that's mentionned a little farther up this page? It's the only issue I have so far with this post, but I can't figure out where it's coming from. It doesn't look like it's the stanchion, or the seat clamping mechanism either. I'm thinking it's how the seat clamp is attached to the stanchion but it's hard to tell... otherwise after 6 rides... so far so extraordinary!
    continuous growth is the strategy of a cancer cell.

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Cult Hero View Post
    I have been waiting on mine from bike bling for close to a month now.
    A buddy of mine bought one for $345 at Bike Bling 2 weeks ago. Maybe he got the last one?

Now older but less slow!
    I was in my LBS yesterday and I checked on the status of my KS Lev 30.9 x 125mm order which they have had for two weeks. They came back and stated the distributor was out of stock and it'll be about 3 to 4 weeks still.

I just ordered I think the last one from University Cycles using that discount code listed further up in this thread. Thanks for that!

I was holding out with the LBS as I have a credit with them but this post for $334.90 with no tax and free shipping was a deal. I'll have to use my credit for something else instead....

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by kerryn View Post
    I was in my LBS yesterday and I checked on the status of my KS Lev 30.9 x 125mm order which they have had for two weeks. They came back and stated the distributor was out of stock and it'll be about 3 to 4 weeks still.

I just ordered I think the last one from University Cycles using that discount code listed further up in this thread. Thanks for that!

I was holding out with the LBS as I have a credit with them but this post for $334.90 with no tax and free shipping was a deal. I'll have to use my credit for something else instead....
    Not bad for free shipping! Ordered Tuesday evening from University Cycles, now sitting on kitchen counter, heading next to garage to install!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails KS LEV 125mm. Am I the first to have?-lev.jpg  

06z
    mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    I had BB pricematch and paid 337.25 no shipping but it does include tax.
    I am lucky as I live 10 min away from them. 3 rides so far and it has been great.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    So... if you have a carbon frame and install the lev, how/where do you clamp bike to a stand? The cable junction box on the lower part of the post gets in the way of the stand's clamp, the extended part of the post might be too far from end of seat tube?

MattSavage
    Quote Originally Posted by SFBayLaser View Post
    So... if you have a carbon frame and install the lev, how/where do you clamp bike to a stand? The cable junction box on the lower part of the post gets in the way of the stand's clamp, the extended part of the post might be too far from end of seat tube?
    I just extend mine out of the seattube far enough. It's past the min insertion line, but for wrenching, I'm not concerned about that...

Now older but less slow!
    My LEV should be turning up on my doorstep today. I'm keeping my Thompson post for when I ride with my children (I'll leave the Ride-a-long attachment on it) so I figure that for any significant wrenching I'll just swap out the LEV for the Thompson and clamp to that.

Otherwise for quick work where stability if not so much a concern I can rest the underside of the seat on the clamp.

Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 16 ... LastLast