Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast
    mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    I only have four rides on mine, but it's been great so far. As others have mentioned, it's important to get the cable length right, but once you do that, it's smooth sailing. I had a KS i950-R on another bike and it worked flawlessly, so I'm optimistic the LEV will work just as well with the proper maintenance. Though time will tell...

The only other thing to keep an eye on is the little "KS" cover over the cable mechanism in the collar. With repeated cycling, mine had a tendency to work loose, so I wrapped a small zip-tie around it and all's well again. Overall, I couldn't be happier and really like that the cable/housing doesn't move with the seat like other posts.

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    The only other thing to keep an eye on is the little "KS" cover over the cable mechanism in the collar. With repeated cycling, mine had a tendency to work loose, so I wrapped a small zip-tie around it and all's well again. Overall, I couldn't be happier and really like that the cable/housing doesn't move with the seat like other posts.[/QUOTE]

Did you install the cable end so that it points out? If it points in, it can come loose and push the "KS" cover off.

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    Good point, I'll try turning it around from its current position.

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    Any feedback as to how the KS lev is doing after X weeks of use out in the field. I am assuming no news is good news but then it is never safe to ASS U ME anything these days .

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    I've had mine for about a month now using it a few days a week and it has been great! Like mentioned in some of the threads, make sure you install the hook on the remote cable facing out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    Same with me. No issues at all. Love it.

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Have been using mine for 3 months now without an issue. I rode it hard this weekend in Big Bear, CA. It performed flawlessly on some tough AM riding.

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    Thanks for the feed back and glad to see that it is all good. In searching around I have not found anything bad about this so will be buying one I reckon.

Not sure why my last post was not at the end of the forum for ease of reading later, user error I guess.

father, mountain biker
    Unless Price Point is pulling a CBO on me, i.e. allowing me to order a back-ordered item without informing me up front, it appears they finally have the KS Lev back in stock! Hope to be installing one by the end of the week.
    "He seems quite arrogant and ignores quite some valid points." -Millfox
    "I don't like you" -ne_dan

mtbr member
    Apr 2010

I solved my remote cable problem with one of these 90 degree cable things. It's from Xrav if you guys are interested.

MattSavage
    Quote Originally Posted by tsmithr1 View Post

I solved my remote cable problem with one of these 90 degree cable things. It's from Xrav if you guys are interested.
    I think you mean RavX...?
    "I wrote a hit play! What have you ever done?!"

Have Ashtray, Will Travel....

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by mattsavage View Post
    I think you mean RavX...?
    yup. thats it.

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Thought I'd chime in. I've been using one of the 125mm Lev's now for the past month. Having never used a dropper seat post before. I was a little sceptical to say the least, especially considering the money these dropper posts cost. After using same. I can honestly say that hands down, it's the best component I've added to my bike !!! Its used countless times on each ride. Positive engagement wherever you set it, smooth as butter. Confidence inspiring when the going gets tough. KS did there homework, and got it right with the LEV... If it helps ??? AEBike sells them for $ 312.00 (out of stock). Got BBling to price match, as they had them in stock. -Highly Recommended-

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by tsmithr1 View Post

Where did you find / purchase the RavX noodle from ?

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by mdemm View Post
    Where did you find / purchase the RavX noodle from ?
    On the RavX website, I found a local bike shop that was a dealer and I had them order it for me. Only a couple bucks.

father, mountain biker
    Just received mine today from Price Point. With the help of a sharp knife and some creative rubber and plastic removal, I managed to convert my non-ODI WTB lock-on grip to be ODI HACK-ON™ compatible. As an Aussie dive instructor in Thailand once taught me, you can solve any problem with the help of violence or gasoline.

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    You selling any of your old ones?

father, mountain biker
    Install complete, that was relatively painless. Note the tight if not perfectly clean integration with the non-ODI WTB clamp-on grip. Sorry WTB, I already filed for the ODI HACK-ON™ trademark. Only thing left to do now is to replace the stock QR seat clamp with some non-QR orange bling... any recommendations?

ks1.jpg
    KS LEV 125mm. Am I the first to have?-ks2.jpg
    ks3.jpg

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    Just to add to all the good reports on the KS Lev.

I have had mine for a few days now and I am very impressed. I had been looking for a while but had concerns about the RS Reverb reliability, now sorted by the looks of it, and the CB Kronolog, still suffering as best I can tell.

The KS has installed and worked straight out of the box for me. It has been used every day and has not had any issues. The rise is really smooth and I have not needed to adjust the pressure and it has not damaged the crown jewels. I will post back later with more updates but so far so good, early days I know.

I can't believe what a difference it has made to the way I ride. I always used to be a "set and leave" rider except for the really steep stuff. Now I can get the seat out of the way and move about on the bike so much more easily. My advice to anyone thinking about it is to stop thinking and do it and have fun.

Prime
    Mine shipped from Pricepoint this morning. I currently use a i900 on my AM bike and have had really good luck with it for almost 2 years, run a Specialized Command Post on my other AM bike and have also had very good luck. Personally though I prefer the infinite positioning of the KS, and I really prefer the KS lever which just so happens to fit my favorite grip.

ban
    mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    Are you guys having problems with the bolts of the clamp loosening or the seat moving?

bike rider
    I've never seen hat happen with a Thomson type head. Put blue Loctite on the threads and torque them harder.
    Keep the Country country.

father, mountain biker
    Anyone else noticing a small amount of lateral wiggle of the seat, even with the clamp locked down tight? At $400 I expected the clamp mechanism to be rock solid since as far as I can tell it's just standard Thomson type head design. My only guess is that the fitting between the lower floating clamp and the lower clamp body is designed and built with sloppy tolerances. ARGGG!!!! Taking it down to my LBS to have them take a look at it, hoping I don't have to send the whole thing back to KS.

Follow-up: Opinion from a couple LBSs was the KS Lev seemed pretty solid compared to other droppers. Also, we determined the wiggle was due in part to the head, but also, as I would have expected, due to the dropper mechanism. I don't notice the movement when I ride, so all seems copacetic.
    Last edited by shredjunkie; 08-05-2012 at 09:30 PM.

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    I noticed the lateral movement also. Very little, but noticeable when I try to wiggle it at a stand still. The Reverb that I had felt worse (about twice as much) but still not bad. As you mention, I cannot feel it at all when I am riding. The post continues to function as advertised. I am religious about wiping the inner tube clean after each ride. I do the same with my shock and fork tubes to slow down the degradation of tube seals. I still have not read a long term review from any of the blogs or rags. Has anyone else seen one?

ban
    mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    I'll torque harder and see if it works, if not I'll use some loctite, cheers!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lelandjt View Post
    I've never seen hat happen with a Thomson type head. Put blue Loctite on the threads and torque them harder.

Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast