Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by 006_007 View Post
    The Kronolog is interesting as well - I really like the idea of the cable not moving.

That being said, I really want the LEV to be available in Canada ASAP. I really want one on my new bike.
    The reviews of Kronolog to date are not so good - same issues, different reviewers. Seem QA at CB is still a bit lacking.

CrankBrothers Kronolog Dropper Seatpost - BikeRadar

Crankbrothers Kronolog Telescoping Seat Post - Tested - Pinkbike.com

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by STS View Post
    Well, you have demostrated not only poor respect, but your brain is also not enough to make more than one search on google.
    Of course I saw the "100g lighter..." article, but also some with 450-475g claimed weight:
    KS Lev Remote Adjustable Seatpost – First Look - BikeRadar

That's the reason I only trust in real weights by users, and I asked here
    KS on claimed 475 for the post, which is significantly lighter than the 950. They also posted the weight for post, cable, and lever on their site - 510g to 580g. LEV — KS | Get Down and Dirty

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    Well i just installed my KS LEV. Mine is the 385 length with 125mm. The post itself weighed 484g. The remove and standard cable was about 80g

Feels much smoother than my Reverb.

FM
    luxatio erecta
    Where are you guys getting your Lev's?

mtbr member
    How are the Lev's doing after some use? Anyone know who has these available now?

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by hrdude View Post
    How are the Lev's doing after some use? Anyone know who has these available now?
    Got a ride in on Saturday on mine. Was a bit muddy but the post so far has performed brillantly. Absolutely no movement or slop compared to my Reverb (although in use it was never detectable)

Another bonus for me is that the post requires less effort to push down. I would always have to sit on the tip of my saddle with the Reverb to be able to push it down (mind you i'm pretty light weight at around 60kg)

The action has been very smooth. I'll repost back when i get some more rides in, but so far loving it!

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by hrdude View Post
    +1 on these questions. Also, anyone has the lev integra yet?

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    For those that already have the LEV. Did you kit come with the curved hardline that goes into the remote? Mine didnt so my cable comes straight down and blocks my brake lever a little bit.

GAME ON!
    that image states that it won't come with that but a regular hose instead.
    RIP Adam Yauch

"M.C. for what I AM and do, the A is for Adam and the lyrics; true"

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by tsmithr1 View Post
    For those that already have the LEV. Did you kit come with the curved hardline that goes into the remote? Mine didnt so my cable comes straight down and blocks my brake lever a little bit.

my i950 did this - I curved it and used a small zip tie and tied it to my brake line right after it exited the level/master hardware.

This functionally made a 90 'bend' and seems to hold fine.

Might be worth considering if you haven't already

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by FM View Post
    Where are you guys getting your Lev's?
    +1. These available in 30.9mm anywhere at the moment? Jenson says mid-August.
    idiom - raleigh hard rock
    http://www.idiomband.com

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    I got mine at the KS booth at Sea Otter Classic Event.

Quote Originally Posted by stevehollx View Post
    +1. These available in 30.9mm anywhere at the moment? Jenson says mid-August.

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    I emailed KS asking where I can get that hardline.Either through them or someone else. Hopefully I get a reply back.

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Welp, This is the answer i got back:

Tuan,

I recommend using the cable/remote that came with your seatpost.

Respectfully,

Ron Easton
    KS USA
    26741 Portola Pkwy 1E658
    Foothill Ranch CA 92610

bike rider
    ^That hardline is part of a v-brake noodle. You have to go to a shop to get one.
    Keep the Country country.

Cars Are Evil
    Anybody heard anything about availability of the Lev?

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Vermont29er View Post
    Anybody heard anything about availability of the Lev?
    My LBS checked on friday and none of the distributors have it in yet. Impatiently waiting.
    idiom - raleigh hard rock
    http://www.idiomband.com

bike rider
    Availability depends on size. There's 3 diameters and 3 or 4 lengths. I was told June 15 by KHS (one of their distributors) for a 31.6, 150mm.
    Keep the Country country.

Missouri sucks...
    Jun 2009
    I just got my 30.9, 125mm LEV today I pre-ordered from Bike-Bling as soon as I saw them on their site.

Installation went smoothly and was easier than expected. I don't get to ride it for a couple days since I have to head out for a business trip.

My buddy has a Kronolog coming so we get to do head to head comparisons of the latest and greatest posts Judging by the KS engineering, I'm fully expecting the LEV to win! The thing has quite a few "duh" designs implemented that just make sense. No muss, no fuss. It simply works. The only user adjustable setting is the cable tension, which I like. I don't want to have to tear stuff apart and replace wear items on my bike so a sealed unit is the way to go...for ME.

I'll be back with a report on reliability once I get some miles on her

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by DFYFZX View Post
    I just got my 30.9, 125mm LEV today I pre-ordered from Bike-Bling as soon as I saw them on their site.

Installation went smoothly and was easier than expected. I don't get to ride it for a couple days since I have to head out for a business trip.

My buddy has a Kronolog coming so we get to do head to head comparisons of the latest and greatest posts Judging by the KS engineering, I'm fully expecting the LEV to win! The thing has quite a few "duh" designs implemented that just make sense. No muss, no fuss. It simply works. The only user adjustable setting is the cable tension, which I like. I don't want to have to tear stuff apart and replace wear items on my bike so a sealed unit is the way to go...for ME.

I'll be back with a report on reliability once I get some miles on her

I installed mine yesterday. The other user adjustable setting is air pressure.

Missouri sucks...
    Jun 2009
    ^true

mtbr member
    I got my Lev and installed it this weekend. So far so good. I really like the fixed cable, nice 2 bolt micro adjust clamp, small thumb trigger & butter smooth action up and down. First dropper post, I now understand why people get hooked on these things. So nice to move seat up and down riding variable terrain. After using it, it would feel like my bike was missing a key component without it.

*Notes on installation: You'll need a good bike cable cutter or have your LBS cut braided cable housing once you determine length. Ignore instructions about "flex noodle" (not included and not needed). Also, the included barrel adjuster is not needed on the Lev due to the spring.
    Last edited by hrdude; 05-27-2012 at 12:45 PM.

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    How much exposed seatpost do you get on the 125mm version? From my seat collar to saddle rails in 180mm. Can I fit the 125 or do I need the 100?

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    http://kssuspension.com/products/seatposts/lev-3/

Under the specs tab you can find the weights for each of the posts.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by onzadog View Post
    How much exposed seatpost do you get on the 125mm version? From my seat collar to saddle rails in 180mm. Can I fit the 125 or do I need the 100?
    Id like to know this as well. Not sure why they don't give the dimensions from the collar to the bottom and from the collar to the seat rails. Most smaller bikes need this information.

Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast