Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13 19 20 21 22 23
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by phatfreeheeler View Post
    So, does it look like this one in the bottom right, shown at the Taipei bike show?

When I called, they said you also needed a different lever (which is part of the service) since the cable goes in the opposite direction with cast end at the lever. Did you get this new lever too, or is it still the ODI lock-on style?
    That is exactly what the bottom looks like and they give you a new noodle cable and housing and the trigger. I had bought the carbon trigger so it is odi lock on ready. You have to swap the trigger and the cut end actually connects to the bottom of

MattSavage
    I wonder if all new Integra's are shipping with this update...?
    "I wrote a hit play! What have you ever done?!"

Have Ashtray, Will Travel....

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    Not sure on the date of the change, but mine which came from QBP last week still had the old mech. Of course I heard a rumor they got a fresh shipment this week. Could mean nothing though.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

MattSavage
    Aight, I've searched and searched... But I can't find dimensions for the Lev Integra. Anyone seen a chart? I need all the necessary ones to determine if it'll fit my frame. Rails to top of collar, collar depth, insertion depths, etc...

For both the 385 and 435 Integra.

Thanks!!!

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Not a year into ownership my KS LEV 100/27.2 died
    It originally came under-pressured, and after reading on these forums about a bad batch, I sent it in for a fix. Came back and worked fine for a while until last week. I have not been riding for a month due to work, and when I took the bike for a spin, all the pressure from the seatpost was gone.

So I rode by pulling up on the seat when I needed extra height. Sent in an RMA request, got my automatic answer, and now when I was disassembling the post, I saw that it got frozen. You can't pull on the cable anymore - it's wedged shut. Probably on the verge of snapping the nylon.

Overall, for the money I paid for it, I expected better reliability....

Doc Holiday
    May 2010
    Did u try a bit of wd40 on the wedge to loosen it up? It may help..Maybe you need a cable adjustment as well..

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Way back on page 10, someone posted that a standard shift cable will not fit in the KS carbon lever:

KS LEV 125mm. Am I the first to have?

I don't know if KS changed the lever since then, but a standard shift cable fits my carbon lever(KS Lev 150mm, purchased Spring 2014):

Broken cable:
    KS LEV 125mm. Am I the first to have?-ks_lever1.jpg

Standard shift cable on left, KS cable on right:
    KS LEV 125mm. Am I the first to have?-ks_lever2.jpg

Standard shift cable on left, KS cable on right:
    KS LEV 125mm. Am I the first to have?-ks_lever3.jpg

Standard shift cable installed in carbon lever:
    KS LEV 125mm. Am I the first to have?-ks_lever4.jpg

MattSavage
    Quote Originally Posted by happyriding View Post
    Way back on page 10, someone posted that a standard shift cable will not fit in the KS carbon lever:

]
    Yeah, that was always thought of as incorrect. Not sure what cable he was using. Probably a brake cable or something...

stillanoob
    Dec 2011
    So i got my Lev the other day, and I'm kinda bummed that I didn't get the braided line. Instead, I got a plastic type line that won't straighten, so I have all these kinks and bends in the housing. It looks really tacky.
    So is that the standard housing now? I

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    I think so. Mine came with a standard black housing as well. Got it yesterday.

stillanoob
    Dec 2011
    That sucks.
    How did you straighten the housing?

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    So, the company i ordered from sent me a 31.6 and my frame is 30.9 That being said i never installed it and a new one is said to arrive tonight. I inspected everything from the other box and saw the housing was plain black. If the 30.9 that comes in tonight has it as well, i can for sure say that this is the new cable housing. I will let you know how it comes out tonight after install. Im possibly thinking about taking a blow dryer to it while lightly pulling the housing. Hopefully that should straighten it out a little bit.

stillanoob
    Dec 2011
    "Sometimes when it's in the package it takes a set.
    You can either leave it in the sun to straighten out or use a heat gun / blow dryer to release the set.

Mike Alferez
    KS USA
    26741 Portola Pkwy 1E658"

I guess that's what we get now.
    :shrugs

MattSavage
    Quote Originally Posted by bongski View Post
    So i got my Lev the other day, and I'm kinda bummed that I didn't get the braided line. Instead, I got a plastic type line that won't straighten, so I have all these kinks and bends in the housing. It looks really tacky.
    So is that the standard housing now? I
    The "braided" line would've looked the same...

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Wrecked my link cable, looking to buy replacements but no joy, so far.
    A bicycle will take you to fantastic places....if you let it.

Ibis fan since '08 now rolling on the big wheeled Ripley.

stillanoob
    Dec 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by mattsavage View Post
    The "braided" line would've looked the same...
    meh.
    I finished installing the lev. .
    I was just shocked as to how malleable that line was. I've had the reverb and joplin before so this was different for me.

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    my experience with the KS LEV 125mm so far:

purchased one year ago, I ride quite a bit. Was working perfectly until the last couple months. The issue was the post would not fully extend to 125mm, it would stop around 115mm then I could help it up the rest of the way while holding the activator button, but when I would weight it the seat would sag back down to about 115mm, so there was about 10mm of up and down slop in the post...cables, seat clamp etc. were all checked and in proper working order so no issues there, was definitely something internal.

I figured that maybe it just needed to be serviced so I followed this procedure here:
    KS LEV - DIY Cartridge Rebuild
    ^this took care of the problem for maybe 5 rides, and then the sag issue came back.

So I sent the post in to KS for service/warranty. Overall I thought that they provided great customer service with fast turnaround times. It was about a week from sending in my post till the time I got it back. They ended up replacing the internal cartridge.

Post is working perfect now. For how expensive these posts are I'm expecting there not to be anymore issues for a long time/ever. Will be pretty bummed if there is anymore problems with this post aside from basic service/maintenance.

mtbr member
    Nov 2013
    I serviced mine myself and I rode only once so far, no problems..i only have 1mm sag which is the best result I can get with my current skill level... much better than 1-2 cm .. i will report again when more miles are logged.

mtbr member
    Has anyone had any luck finding replacement parts for the short internal cable? the one that is some different material? I hear bti has them but none of my LBS can order what I need.
    count your blessings

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Arts Cyclery should have some: Kind Shock Lev Kevlar Link Cable

If not, you can use the kevlar kite string that I use. It's nice to have bulk supply.

Free Shipping 100ft 250lb Braided Kevlar Line for Fishing Camping Kite Flying | eBay

Arts also has replacement end barrels including the isolator pellet. The grub screw is sold separately. You could also use your old end barrels and grub screw but you'll need to use a lighter to melt out the old isolator pellet and use a snipped down one of these as your new isolator pellet: Walmart Mobile

I posted all of these links in my thread located here so they're all in one place:

KS LEV - DIY Cartridge Rebuild

Good luck

- Chris

Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13 19 20 21 22 23