Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 12 18 19 20 21 22 23 LastLast
Results 526 to 550 of 570
  1. #526
    MattSavage
    Reputation: mattsavage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    2,432
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimon Hell View Post
    Today i've finally get my Lev DX.
    And i have questions.

    And one more question about sideplay. My seatpost have sideplay for 1mm on saddle tip. It is normal?
    A little bit of play is normal. its not noticeable when you're riding.
    "I wrote a hit play! What have you ever done?!"

    Have Ashtray, Will Travel....

  2. #527
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    36
    Yeap, 10x! Already find out that!
    Also find out, that Lev DX cable position can be adjusted only via disassembling, so i can handle current position.
    Check out few pics:
    KS LEV 125mm. Am I the first to have?-img_1152.jpg KS LEV 125mm. Am I the first to have?-img_1156.jpg KS LEV 125mm. Am I the first to have?-img_1153.jpg KS LEV 125mm. Am I the first to have?-img_1150.jpg

  3. #528
    Ride in heat
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    114
    Guys,

    Does anybody know how can I get the KS Lev kevlar cord and some plastic pellets? The authorized dealer in our country pretty shite, and far from me, I don't want to travel 160 km just to get 10 cm of cord and 2 pellets from him... I need to replace the cord, since the original broke, and the kevlar string I'm currently using fails every 50 uses, so I have to open the whole thing and tense it again and again...

  4. #529
    mtbr member
    Reputation: RollingRevolution's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    115

    KS LEV 125mm. Am I the first to have?

    You can use any gear cable and housing, and cable I am currently using standard Shimano housing and ferrules on mine and it's actually working better than it was with the KS supplied stuff. Any LBS will be able to sell you this by the metre.

  5. #530
    mtbr member
    Reputation: sohnice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    94
    Quote Originally Posted by Aba Grizzly View Post
    Guys,

    Does anybody know how can I get the KS Lev kevlar cord and some plastic pellets? The authorized dealer in our country pretty shite, and far from me, I don't want to travel 160 km just to get 10 cm of cord and 2 pellets from him... I need to replace the cord, since the original broke, and the kevlar string I'm currently using fails every 50 uses, so I have to open the whole thing and tense it again and again...
    You can use kelvar fishing line to replace the cord, I had been using it so far so good.
    Sending back to KS is PITA! They don't care about their customers.

  6. #531
    Ride in heat
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    114
    Quote Originally Posted by RollingRevolution View Post
    You can use any gear cable and housing, and cable I am currently using standard Shimano housing and ferrules on mine and it's actually working better than it was with the KS supplied stuff. Any LBS will be able to sell you this by the metre.
    Sorry, this is not the case here. I'm talking about inner kevlar waxed cord, that KS uses for Lev, and not the outer cable with a housing.

  7. #532
    Ride in heat
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    114
    Quote Originally Posted by sohnice View Post
    You can use kelvar fishing line to replace the cord, I had been using it so far so good.
    Sending back to KS is PITA! They don't care about their customers.
    This is exactly what I do for now, but I've tested it for stretching - each 20 cm gives 1 cm stretch once pulled, and that causes the post to fail on different, unexpected occasions. I agree with the service though - wrote them yesterday, no answer yet. (((

  8. #533
    mtbr member
    Reputation: RollingRevolution's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    115

    KS LEV 125mm. Am I the first to have?

    Quote Originally Posted by Aba Grizzly View Post
    Sorry, this is not the case here. I'm talking about inner kevlar waxed cord, that KS uses for Lev, and not the outer cable with a housing.
    Yeah sorry, I both misunderstood your post and was reading it as a problem with the Integra version which can use a standard gear cable. My bad. Good luck with a fix.

  9. #534
    MattSavage
    Reputation: mattsavage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    2,432
    Quote Originally Posted by sohnice View Post
    They don't care about their customers.
    I've never had a problem with them... Maybe they just don't like you...
    "I wrote a hit play! What have you ever done?!"

    Have Ashtray, Will Travel....

  10. #535
    MattSavage
    Reputation: mattsavage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    2,432
    Quote Originally Posted by Aba Grizzly View Post
    This is exactly what I do for now, but I've tested it for stretching - each 20 cm gives 1 cm stretch once pulled, and that causes the post to fail on different, unexpected occasions. I agree with the service though - wrote them yesterday, no answer yet. (((
    You wrote them yesterday, on a Friday? And no response yet? Sheesh, that is terrible! God forbid somebody take a Friday afternoon off during the Holiday's... I would hate to think that someone in the cycling industry might have gone on an afternoon ride or maybe even took a couple days off after a midweek holiday. So selfish...
    "I wrote a hit play! What have you ever done?!"

    Have Ashtray, Will Travel....

  11. #536
    Ride in heat
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    114
    Quote Originally Posted by mattsavage View Post
    You wrote them yesterday, on a Friday? And no response yet? Sheesh, that is terrible! God forbid somebody take a Friday afternoon off during the Holiday's... I would hate to think that someone in the cycling industry might have gone on an afternoon ride or maybe even took a couple days off after a midweek holiday. So selfish...
    Geeshhh, you're so smart, I'm so selfish... Wuhm, wait, but is there any time difference? Neee, it can't be...

    I really don't enjoy quarreling with people and answer any personal assaults, but you got to my nerve. When I wrote them it was Friday's early morning here, minus 10 hours, which makes it something like 8 pm Thursday in Los Angeles, which means they had the whole Friday to respond, not talking about Saturday. I suppose they are not orthodox jews, and they are not keeping Sabbath starting from Friday. Now I'm not demanding answers right away, but from a big and respectful company like KS with multi-million dollar income I believe, I would like to get ANY response, that they got my inquiry, and they will be in touch. It's common sense. Why when I contact guys from Ibis I get a response in 24 hours no matter what day it is? I think in the age of smartphones you can't justify bad service with "they went riding". Go ride by all means, but leave the help desk working.

    I'd really appreciate you won't jump to conclusions about people's behavior and way of conduct before you know anything about them...

  12. #537
    mtbr member
    Reputation: sohnice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    94
    Quote Originally Posted by mattsavage View Post
    I've never had a problem with them... Maybe they just don't like you...
    I pay $400 for them to like me?
    Well, with that kind of $ I can find my love elsewhere. With that kind of CS, I rather buy a crank brothers.

  13. #538
    Doc Holiday
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    75
    Never had a problem either..way better than any of my crankbros issues..One thing I do is wipe that ***** down after every ride..

    Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk

  14. #539
    Ride in heat
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    114
    By the way, an update, just to support my point - till now I got zero answer concerning the issue from KS. They suck at CS.

  15. #540
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    287
    If you could choose, would you get the Integra or the regular Lev?
    I'm reading of some issues with the kevlar cord of the regular Lev, would the Integra save this issue?

    Quote Originally Posted by Aba Grizzly View Post
    I'm talking about inner kevlar waxed cord, that KS uses for Lev, and not the outer cable with a housing.
    Quote Originally Posted by RollingRevolution View Post
    Yeah sorry, I both misunderstood your post and was reading it as a problem with the Integra version which can use a standard gear cable. My bad. Good luck with a fix.

  16. #541
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    160
    I'm fed up with their lack of customer service support.
    Missing the KS cover since mid-December, I called them first thing if they could provide me one. I talked to Ron, said to email him and give him my info so he can send me a spare, and so I did, before Xmas. Spent couple of weeks of waiting. No reply. I called, talked to him again sometime mid-Jan to get an update. Said they're waiting for shipment, and told me to give him few days. More waiting, but still no update. Btw, it was very difficult to reach him via phone call. I tried calling 2wks ago, tried to dial a different extension # this time, it worked. I talked to, what's his face (forgot his name), and also talked to Ron few minutes later. They said to email them again and provide them my info so they can send me a spare the following Monday (talked to them on a Friday). I emailed Ron and cc'd to the other staff. And here I am - still no update, no response. None.

  17. #542
    Doc Holiday
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    75
    Wow man that's shitty..I hope my lev lasts now..It's been one season and no issues so far..Sucks about the CS..Hope they get there situation straightened out before they also are abandoned by potential clients and existing ones..

    Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk

  18. #543
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    59
    Interesting talk here guys... I'm considering the KS LEV myself.

    I actually work at a small machine shop. The prices companies charge these days are exorbitant. Simply put, if I had a production quantity approaching anywhere near the 50 - 100 pc mark, I COULD manufacture this product for less!

    If KS is going to charge such high prices, they need to staff a person 24/7. I absolutely understand what some have said about customer demands and response, however when companies begin charging such high prices, your paying for MUCH MORE THAN JUST THE PRODUCT!

    Given all these issues, I'm now re-thinking the KS LEV.

  19. #544
    MattSavage
    Reputation: mattsavage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    2,432
    Quote Originally Posted by savo View Post
    If you could choose, would you get the Integra or the regular Lev?
    I'm reading of some issues with the kevlar cord of the regular Lev, would the Integra save this issue?
    No, internal functions are essentially the same...

    I'd go with regular Lev. Easier to maintain, easier to sell if you switch frames or want something else...
    "I wrote a hit play! What have you ever done?!"

    Have Ashtray, Will Travel....

  20. #545
    MattSavage
    Reputation: mattsavage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    2,432
    Quote Originally Posted by bohns1 View Post
    Wow man that's shitty..I hope my lev lasts now..It's been one season and no issues so far..Sucks about the CS..Hope they get there situation straightened out before they also are abandoned by potential clients and existing ones..

    Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk
    I believe these are rare, isolated events... People are more likely to complain about a bad experience than tell the world about a good one.
    "I wrote a hit play! What have you ever done?!"

    Have Ashtray, Will Travel....

  21. #546
    Doc Holiday
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    75
    That is true ...I said it before, the lev destroys my Joplin hands down in every aspect. SO FAR , I love the thing...

    Cheers gents

    Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk

  22. #547
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    93
    Quote Originally Posted by Aba Grizzly View Post
    Guys,

    Does anybody know how can I get the KS Lev kevlar cord and some plastic pellets? The authorized dealer in our country pretty shite, and far from me, I don't want to travel 160 km just to get 10 cm of cord and 2 pellets from him... I need to replace the cord, since the original broke, and the kevlar string I'm currently using fails every 50 uses, so I have to open the whole thing and tense it again and again...
    Here are a few suggestions:

    Kevlar Kite String/Fishing Line:
    Free Shipping 100 ft of 250 lb Braided Kevlar Line Fishing Camping Kite | eBay

    Isolator Pellets (these are a little big but you can just snip them down to size with wire cutters):
    Darice Bean Bag Filler Plastic Pellets, 16 oz: Crafts : Walmart.com

    *Or if you prefer actual factory parts:

    Actual Kevlar LEV Cable:
    Kind Shock Lev Kevlar Link Cable

    New Barrel w/ Isolator Pellet (grub screw not included): Kind Shock Lev Barrel Cable Clamp Each

    Grub Screw:
    Kind Shock Lev Coupler Set Screw Each

    Coupler Housing Cover:
    Kind Shock Lev Coupler Housing Cap Each

    Coupler:
    Kind Shock Lev Coupler Each

    Also, you can reuse your barrel and grub screw rather than purchasing new ones. The tricky part is getting the old isolator pellet out - I simply remove the grub screw, hold the barrel with a pair of pliers, and use a lighter to heat up the barrel until the pellet melts out.

    -Chris
    Last edited by cakelly4; 02-22-2014 at 09:40 PM.

  23. #548
    mtbr member
    Reputation: AaronJobe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    443
    Guys just got my integra post back from KS they completely redesigned the activation mechanism at the bottom of the post so now it is activated by the cable and the housing does not move.. I suggest getting this upgrade done while your post is under warranty as it is free..

  24. #549
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    1,048

    Re: KS LEV 125mm. Am I the first to have?

    Quote Originally Posted by AaronJobe View Post
    Guys just got my integra post back from KS they completely redesigned the activation mechanism at the bottom of the post so now it is activated by the cable and the housing does not move.. I suggest getting this upgrade done while your post is under warranty as it is free..
    Pics please ?

    Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

  25. #550
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    1,048
    Quote Originally Posted by AaronJobe View Post
    Guys just got my integra post back from KS they completely redesigned the activation mechanism at the bottom of the post so now it is activated by the cable and the housing does not move.. I suggest getting this upgrade done while your post is under warranty as it is free..
    So, does it look like this one in the bottom right, shown at the Taipei bike show?


    When I called, they said you also needed a different lever (which is part of the service) since the cable goes in the opposite direction with cast end at the lever. Did you get this new lever too, or is it still the ODI lock-on style?
    Last edited by phatfreeheeler; 03-06-2014 at 05:59 PM.

Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 12 18 19 20 21 22 23 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •