Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 11 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    I'd imagine that a tight braid would act like a spring where as a loose braid would maintain the original length. Perhaps an alternative to braiding would be to put a light twist into the three strands.

mtbr member
    Well, I just got my KS lev back and am debating whether to put it back on. The temps have dropped in the NE and my ridding temps are now usually sub 30oF. Rumors are that these post don't work well in cold temps. Any truth to this?
    On MTBR, the reputation is infamous.

mtbr member
    Sep 2004
    A little slower on the return, but working fine her in Central VT with below freezing temps

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by angelo View Post
    A little slower on the return, but working fine her in Central VT with below freezing temps
    That is great news. Back on it goes!!!
    On MTBR, the reputation is infamous.

mtbr member
    Went on a ride yesterday at 10degrees and my seat started to not stick halfway through my ride. Now it moves by hand up an inch plus and down an inch plus.?.

mtbr member
    Actually I can press it all the way down

mountain biker
    Quote Originally Posted by slyfink View Post
    anyone know if the LEV Integra utilizes the kevlar cable from the "regular" LEV? Seems like the weak spot in this design and I'm tired of getting it fixed.... would consider upgrading to the Integra if it does away with this feature....
    In case anyone is interested, and for future reference, the Integra still has the kevlar cord. I just got confirmation from KS via email.
    continuous growth is the strategy of a cancer cell.

bike rider
    ^That doesn't make sense. The cable enters straight into the bottom of the post, right? Maybe it's a short length of cord that makes a straight shot from the cable to the mechanism? Still, it just doesn't seem necessary with the Integra design.
    Keep the Country country.

mountain biker
    ^That's what I thought too. Kinda dissapointed. I had the LEV cable come loose 4x in the past year. It's a pain in the @ss. I'm sending it to KS over the winter, and I'll give it a try next year. If it's not improved, perhaps an internally routed Thompson is in my future...
    continuous growth is the strategy of a cancer cell.

mtbr member
    Ha! You're kidding me. Sorry, I'm a newbie and fascinated by the tech that goes into a bike. It's a beautiful thing. Awesome bike by the way. Absolutely gorgeous.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Sheesh, I am having the worst luck with companies standing behind their products lately. This story- 2013 Pivot 429 with upgrades including the LEV. 3 weeks in, Kevlar cable quites.

Sent it to KS with the repair authorization, no response. 2 email requests to confirm receipt- no response.

I emailed Pivot and asked if they could try to find out if KS at least received it- the dood at Pivot e-mailed me that KS says they didn't get it- but still no response from KS.

I tracked the Shipping- and in fact- KS received my LEV on November 15th.

2 more emails to KS- no response.

It's frustrating because when they don't respond when you are polite and respectful, they say you are at fault when you stop being polite and respectful- which I haven't done yet.

But honestly- for F's sake, an email saying they'ere looking for it would go a long way right now.
    Believe in yourself? Well, of course. Just be aware that believing in myself has been the root cause of most of my injuries!

MattSavage
    Quote Originally Posted by Vibrato View Post
    Sheesh, I am having the worst luck with companies standing behind their products lately. This story- 2013 Pivot 429 with upgrades including the LEV. 3 weeks in, Kevlar cable quites.

Sent it to KS with the repair authorization, no response. 2 email requests to confirm receipt- no response.

I emailed Pivot and asked if they could try to find out if KS at least received it- the dood at Pivot e-mailed me that KS says they didn't get it- but still no response from KS.

I tracked the Shipping- and in fact- KS received my LEV on November 15th.

2 more emails to KS- no response.

It's frustrating because when they don't respond when you are polite and respectful, they say you are at fault when you stop being polite and respectful- which I haven't done yet.

But honestly- for F's sake, an email saying they'ere looking for it would go a long way right now.
    You using the contact form on the website or Ricks personal email. Most people deal with him directly. I have no idea if this email is current: rtaylor1@cox.net
    "I wrote a hit play! What have you ever done?!"

Have Ashtray, Will Travel....

ptd
    mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Anyone else have trouble putting the top bushing back in after removing the cartridge from the body?
    Their video shows it just 'falling in' which can't be actual, considering it takes a definite pull to dislodge with the copper keys on the way out...

ptd
    mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Mystery solved... The du bush had come out of the silver collar.
    Second disassembly the du bush and collar came out in one go.
    My post was very slow to return, followed a thread on the older post, someone had increased the inside diameter of the silver collar when the du bush is out. I did the same and now the action is nice and smooth. Risk of increasing play but it needs to return quickly..

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by angelo View Post
    I have a Lev on all my bikes and had no problems until now.
    I installed a Lev on my Fat Bike and it will not work at any temp. under 25 deg. I think it gets frozen. So now I'm going to take it off until Spring.
    Now dropper for the Winter.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by mattsavage View Post
    You using the contact form on the website or Ricks personal email. Most people deal with him directly. I have no idea if this email is current: rtaylor1@cox.net
    Got an e-mail Friday- they found it! Sweet news to my ears!
    Believe in yourself? Well, of course. Just be aware that believing in myself has been the root cause of most of my injuries!

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    My first dropper is on the way! And it's a Lev 125!

mtbr member
    May 2010
    My first dropper. KS Lev 125mm, I bought it from Artscyclery as part of the Black Friday deal.
    Long story short, I just installed it. It hasn't even seen a dirt! First thing I noticed, it goes up on its own without touching the lever when dropped. And when fully extended and I sit down, it drops about an inch. WTF is this !@#$? I'm still gonna test ride it tomorrow "hoping" it can still work somehow. But !@#$, I'm beyond frustrated.

MattSavage
    Sounds like you need to fine tune the cable connection... Make sure it's trimmed off well so it's not interfering with the return position.
    "I wrote a hit play! What have you ever done?!"

Have Ashtray, Will Travel....

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by toingtoing View Post
    My first dropper. KS Lev 125mm, I bought it from Artscyclery as part of the Black Friday deal.
    Long story short, I just installed it. It hasn't even seen a dirt! First thing I noticed, it goes up on its own without touching the lever when dropped. And when fully extended and I sit down, it drops about an inch. WTF is this !@#$? I'm still gonna test ride it tomorrow "hoping" it can still work somehow. But !@#$, I'm beyond frustrated.
    Sounds like you might have too much tension. Did you leave 22mm of inner line longer than the cable housing and install the hook correctly? Check to make sure the barbed ferrule is seated on the cable junction box cover correctly. Pull down on the cable put the junction box in and then seat the barbed ferrule in the slot on top of the junction box cover.

It sounds to me like you have so much tension that seatpost isn't staying locked. Did you make sure to give yourself enough free line to turn the handlebars all the way in both directions without pulling on the line?

Hope that helps.
    1990 Schwinn Sierra MOS
    2011 Santa Cruz Chameleon
    2012 Cannondale Claymore 2

mtbr member
    May 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by toingtoing View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JPBakerIII View Post
    Sounds like you might have too much tension. Did you leave 22mm of inner line longer than the cable housing and install the hook correctly? Check to make sure the barbed ferrule is seated on the cable junction box cover correctly. Pull down on the cable put the junction box in and then seat the barbed ferrule in the slot on top of the junction box cover.

It sounds to me like you have so much tension that seatpost isn't staying locked. Did you make sure to give yourself enough free line to turn the handlebars all the way in both directions without pulling on the line?

Hope that helps.
    Thanks, that's what may have happened but I did not do anything else but to play around with it for a bit more. Test rode it to a 20mile ride with steep, loose, techy descents and long climbs. Everything went well, no issues now.

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    One more question.
    I've buyed my Lev from one my acquaintance, for a good price, but when he shipped it, i've realized, that it's a oem version!
    Can someone explain the difference, except different remote lever and liner colour?

mtbr member
    Only the lever is different in the OEM version. The internals and the post itself are the same.

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    Oh, i see. Thanks. I've start to worrying about my new "toy" because of it's oem type.
    Retail version lever preferable for me - i have lock-on compatible grips, but anyway it'll works. As soon as i get it - i'll leave a comment about Lev too.

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    Today i've finally get my Lev DX.
    And i have questions.
    First of all, according to manual i can rotate seatpost around, for cable orientation. In many positions (each 20 degrees) in Lev case and in 6 positions in Lev DX case. Here's a picture from manual:
    KS LEV 125mm. Am I the first to have?-2013-12-28_1609.png
    But i cant understand how to manage it, here how looks my seatposts upper part:
    KS LEV 125mm. Am I the first to have?-img_1138.jpgKS LEV 125mm. Am I the first to have?-img_1139.jpg
    And one more question about sideplay. My seatpost have sideplay for 1mm on saddle tip. It is normal?
    Last edited by Dimon Hell; 12-28-2013 at 09:02 AM.

Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 11 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 LastLast