Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast
    mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    I would love to get one... But having spent $230 on i950 the $400+ price tag is to much. KS lower the price!!!

mtbr member
    May 2007
    For that kind of cash, you shouldn't be posting here, you should be riding the hell out of it.
    Lead by my Lefty............... right down the trail, no brakes.

STS
    mtbr member
    Finally I found the real weight of the KS LEV in a review, 530g in 30.9 and 580g in 31.6, with remote and cable included
    Very far away of the 460g anounced
    And even 20g more than the reverb
    So now I know I will stay with my RS reverb
    thanks anyway

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Since I have never posted here I can't post link in first 10 messages. I found picture of LEV on the scale. Just google images for this "Kind Shock LEV 2012 - Teleskopstütze weitergedacht". Post only is 484g and with cable and lever is 572g

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by STS View Post
    Finally I found the real weight of the KS LEV in a review, 530g in 30.9 and 580g in 31.6, with remote and cable included
    Very far away of the 460g anounced
    And even 20g more than the reverb
    So now I know I will stay with my RS reverb
    thanks anyway
    Which is... about 100 grams lighter than their 900 series models. So you were thinking of switching because of some weight savings? Me thinks some peeps have more money than brains. I'll stick with what works regardless of weight.

Have FUN!

G MAN
    "There's two shuttles, one to the top and one to the hospital" I LOVE this place!!!

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by crocus View Post
    Since I have never posted here I can't post link in first 10 messages. I found picture of LEV on the scale. Just google images for this "Kind Shock LEV 2012 - Teleskopstütze weitergedacht". Post only is 484g and with cable and lever is 572g
    Here you go:

30.9 / 125 mm
    MTB-News.de | IBC Mountainbike Forum - Einzelnen Beitrag anzeigen - Kind Shock LEV 2012 - Teleskopstütze weitergedacht

I wish that post would be completely black!

MattSavage
    You know, I think the LEV was the first dropper seatpost to win a World Cup event... Brian Lopes Wins Inaugural World Cup XC Eliminator

I don't think Minnar ran one in South Africa...
    "I wrote a hit play! What have you ever done?!"

Have Ashtray, Will Travel....

STS
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gman086 View Post
    Which is... about 100 grams lighter than their 900 series models. So you were thinking of switching because of some weight savings? Me thinks some peeps have more money than brains. I'll stick with what works regardless of weight.

Have FUN!

G MAN
    Well, you have demostrated not only poor respect, but your brain is also not enough to make more than one search on google.
    Of course I saw the "100g lighter..." article, but also some with 450-475g claimed weight:
    KS Lev Remote Adjustable Seatpost – First Look - BikeRadar

That's the reason I only trust in real weights by users, and I asked here

mtbr member
    wrong forum; need to go here: http://forums.mtbr.com/weight-weenies/

Have FUN!

G MAN
    Last edited by Gman086; 04-28-2012 at 04:35 PM.
    "There's two shuttles, one to the top and one to the hospital" I LOVE this place!!!

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by mattsavage View Post
    You know, I think the LEV was the first dropper seatpost to win a World Cup event... Brian Lopes Wins Inaugural World Cup XC Eliminator

The LEV seatpost didn't win the race. Lopes did. I bet he would have still won if his seat post was a broom handle.

MattSavage
    Quote Originally Posted by the-one1 View Post
    The LEV seatpost didn't win the race. Lopes did. I bet he would have still won if his seat post was a broom handle.
    Yeah and he still would have won if his wheels were double walled steel touring rims, and his stem was a Softride, and if his frame was bamboo, and his tires were made of licorice...

Every component manufacturer revels when a rider wins a race using their product, from the chain to the fork, to the flipping seatpost. So, when a product we're passionate about (that the rest of the racing community thinks is a joke) aids in a win, then its kind of a big deal. Especially when it's on the bike of one of the greatest racers of all time who could probably win "if his seat post was a broom handle" (yet he still chose to run it).

mtbr member

bike rider
    Quote Originally Posted by mattsavage View Post
    Gwinn won 2011 WC DH#1 with a Reverb. While "first WC win" didn't make news it was widely noted that many racers chose them for the long pedal section.
    Keep the Country country.

MattSavage
    Quote Originally Posted by Lelandjt View Post
    Gwinn won 2011 WC DH#1 with a Reverb. While "first WC win" didn't make news it was widely noted that many racers chose them for the long pedal section.
    Oh, he was running one then... I see that in a photo now, I stand corrected. Crazy. I wouldn't have thought that considering his Shimano/Fox sponsorship. I knew some sram guys were running the Reverbs last year, but I never bothered to check his setup since the Fox model wasn't ready last year.

Oh well, Gwin could've won that with a broomstick for a seatpost...

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    How long of the lower part? Can it be cut?? I'm using i950, but the seat is too high as the seat tube of my frame is curve....

MattSavage
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    How long of the lower part? Can it be cut?? I'm using i950, but the seat is too high as the seat tube of my frame is curve....
    No, it can't be cut. But they make 3 lengths. Find out what length of regular seatpost you run at max height and order the one closest to that length, but not shorter.

The instructions are on the website if you need a guide.

GAME ON!
    Quote Originally Posted by STS View Post
    Well, you have demostrated not only poor respect, but your brain is also not enough to make more than one search on google.
    Of course I saw the "100g lighter..." article, but also some with 450-475g claimed weight:
    KS Lev Remote Adjustable Seatpost – First Look - BikeRadar

That's the reason I only trust in real weights by users, and I asked here
    their claimed weight for the post was 475g. the post itself weighs 484g. seems pretty damn accurate to me. not to mention that they stated the remote would be 20g and since they can't guess what length and therefore what weight the cable would be for each bike, they left it at that.

my reverb just **** the bed so now i am looking into other options. this seems to be the most appealing so far. a working post that weighs 20g more is much more useful than a non-working post of any weight.
    RIP Adam Yauch

"M.C. for what I AM and do, the A is for Adam and the lyrics; true"

mtbr member
    The Kronolog is interesting as well - I really like the idea of the cable not moving.

That being said, I really want the LEV to be available in Canada ASAP. I really want one on my new bike.

GAME ON!
    Quote Originally Posted by 006_007 View Post
    The Kronolog is interesting as well - I really like the idea of the cable not moving.

That being said, I really want the LEV to be available in Canada ASAP. I really want one on my new bike.
    the initial pinkbike review steers me away from it. at least from the first batch.
    RIP Adam Yauch

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by saturnine View Post
    the initial pinkbike review steers me away from it. at least from the first batch.
    I know, but I am always brave - I was had one of the first ks i950 and it has been perfect for almost 2 years. Only issue I have with it is the cable moves

GAME ON!
    crank brothers is an altogether different story.
    RIP Adam Yauch

mtbr member
    crank brothers is an altogether different story.
    Ok wise one, do I get the 5" or 6" LEV ?

GAME ON!
    Quote Originally Posted by 006_007 View Post
    Ok wise one, do I get the 5" or 6" LEV ?
    if you want the most AM dropper post, i suppose the 6" version will have to do until they come out with the 180mm version with a 40mm stanchion.
    RIP Adam Yauch

mtbr member
    ...180mm version with a 40mm stanchion.
    Watch out, say that too much and we'll end up with a new 45mm seatpost 'standard'.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by cerebroside View Post
    Watch out, say that too much and we'll end up with a new 45mm seatpost 'standard'.
    yabbut it wont slip.

Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast