Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 9 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    I've adusted and trimmed one which was pretty straight forward but I've not replaced one.

There must be some generic cord out there that would work. I can't imagine it's unique to ks.

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    I've actually done it but while trying to get to the kevar wire, found it quite hard to remove the actuator end assembly without the inner shaft rotating. I've tried to use a strap wrench, but the shaft is too smooth, or my strap wrench just sucks, any suggestions on something that would hold the shaft tight enough so that i can easily remove that end assembly? Or where i can get a strap wrench like the one Rick uses in the tutorial videos? many thanks!

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    I use a cheap plastic strap wrench but l clean the post and strap with ipa first and wrap the strap down the post as far as I can before crossing back to lock on itself. That way, I get as much surface contact as possible.

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by onzadog View Post
    I use a cheap plastic strap wrench but l clean the post and strap with ipa first and wrap the strap down the post as far as I can before crossing back to lock on itself. That way, I get as much surface contact as possible.
    Thanks for the tip i'll give it a try

mtbr member
    I am having a problem with my LEV Integra sticking the last 15-20mm or so at the top.. Anybody heard of this problem or know of a solution?

mtbr member

Upset

Quote Originally Posted by hmorsi View Post
    The junction box cover needs to be secured better than it currently is. I have a feeling I am going to lose this one on the trails although it does sit flush and I have to pry it with a fingernail to remove it.
    Ziptie your red lev cover, I lost mine in my local trail.
    My distributor in my area is charging US$20 for that little red cap!@$/^&(**$#$

mtbr member
    Dec 2003
    Also be careful with that little o-ring. It's not the most durable.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006

Anyone now where can I order the inner kevlar cable for KS LEV 250?

The inner kevlar cable of my LEV 150 post was broken today and I cannot find where to order a replacement. Please help.

bike rider
    Quote Originally Posted by anavot View Post
    The inner kevlar cable of my LEV 150 post was broken today and I cannot find where to order a replacement. Please help.
    Straight from KS is the only possible option. Or they might say you have to send it back.
    Keep the Country country.

mtbr member
    Jan 2011

how much side to side play on ks lev?

Just installed mine this weekend and I noticed side to side play of about 1/4 inch when moving the seat side to side, I was told some play is normal but is 1/4 inch from the tip of the saddle side to side movement normal?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails KS LEV 125mm. Am I the first to have?-seatpost.jpg  

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    It seems excessive for me, mine has only a couple of millimeters at most after months of (ab)use.

MattSavage
    Quote Originally Posted by justoracle View Post
    Just installed mine this weekend and I noticed side to side play of about 1/4 inch when moving the seat side to side, I was told some play is normal but is 1/4 inch from the tip of the saddle side to side movement normal?
    Is that a measured quarter inch or and estimated quarter inch...? One mans 1/4" is another mans 2-3mm...

I'd say, yes, normal. You don't notice it when you're sitting down. Will have zero affect on performance.
    "I wrote a hit play! What have you ever done?!"

Have Ashtray, Will Travel....

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by anavot View Post
    If you are staying in the state, you can send it back to KS.
    My buddy sent his i950 back to distributor in singapore, is already 6 weeks still no news yet! Our local distributor sucks!

mtbr member
    No side to side play on either of my LEV's after a year on each. That sounds excessive if it is truly a quarter inch.
    1990 Schwinn Sierra MOS
    2011 Santa Cruz Chameleon
    2012 Cannondale Claymore 2

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    I contacted KS and they said to send it to them for repair. I bought it 6 days ago from Jenson USA (online order)... I could just return it for a full refund, but I may just go through KS to make sure when I get it back it's upgraded/fixed with no play. If I were to exchange it through jenson USA I may get one that behaves the same way ??
    As some of you mentioned it probably doesn't affect functionality but worried that it would get worse with use, shelled out $350 for it and it sucks to get something less than perfect when new even if it doesn't affect functionality at least not now.

MattSavage
    I contacted KS and they said to send it to them for repair. I bought it 6 days ago from Jenson USA (online order)... I could just return it for a full refund, but I may just go through KS to make sure when I get it back it's upgraded/fixed with no play. If I were to exchange it through jenson USA I may get one that behaves the same way ??
    As some of you mentioned it probably doesn't affect functionality but worried that it would get worse with use, shelled out $350 for it and it sucks to get something less than perfect when new even if it doesn't affect functionality at least not now.

Just exchange it... Fewer people experience this problem than more. If you get another bad one, then run straight out and buy a lottery ticket.
    "I wrote a hit play! What have you ever done?!"

Have Ashtray, Will Travel....

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    Took the bike in for a tune-up yesterday and had the mechanic look at the dropper and it looks like the shaft moves maybe 1mm side to side but the rest of the play comes from the seat clamp. I took the seat off along with the clamp, looked it over, re-install it but it had the same amount of play as before, sending it to KS today.
    I like the dropper, if I send it for an exchange to Jenson USA I'd have to take the cable off the bike, as you know that's the most tedious part of the installation, I'll send just the post to KS so they can fix it and hopefully have a good working dropper in a week or so.

ban
    mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    New KS trigger for single ring users....looks nice!!KS LEV 125mm. Am I the first to have?-imageuploadedbytapatalk1380210957.059844.jpg

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    The side-to-side play on my LEV continues... this is what I've done so far, sent the seatpost to KC for repair, they got it on a friday and I received back the next friday, I'm CA and foothills ranch CA is about 2 hours away.

Installed it and what do you know... it has the same DAMN side to side play! Here's a video, what should I do? I'm thinking of just returning it to jensonUSA for a refund and stick to my regular non-drop post... if I exchange it, what are the odds I'll have the same problem ?

ks lev shock - side to side play - YouTube

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    That is definitely not right, take it to Jenson's and exchange it for a new one. If you don't want to take the cables off the bike just see if they will let you leave the new cables and accessories in the box and give you only the seatpost on the exchange...worth a shot. But even if you have to trim and install new cables, it worth it not to have a lemon.

m2c

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    Called jenson-usa and they're sending me a new one, they couldn't just send me the seatpost without the cable (since I'm planning to keep the original cable that's already installed on my bike), so I'll get a complete package but I'll just send the unused cable along with the broken seatpost. Keeping my fingers crossed the new one doesn't have the same crap play as the original one.

mtbr member
    The side-to-side play on my LEV continues... this is what I've done so far, sent the seatpost to KC for repair, they got it on a friday and I received back the next friday, I'm CA and foothills ranch CA is about 2 hours away.

Installed it and what do you know... it has the same DAMN side to side play! Here's a video, what should I do? I'm thinking of just returning it to jensonUSA for a refund and stick to my regular non-drop post... if I exchange it, what are the odds I'll have the same problem ?

ks lev shock - side to side play - YouTube
    Both mine had a bit of side to side play, one slightly worse than the other. But neither were anywhere near that bad...
    If jackasses could fly this place would be an airport.

mtbr member
    I have two LEV's and one is totally stiff, and the other is almost the same. By that I mean, I feel something if I try to move it but you can't even see it actually move. I didn't get either from Jenson. I like Jenson but their price was too high and they still had pictures up of the first generation LEV. I got one from PricePoint and the other from BikeBling. The one from BikeBling with a coupon code was the cheapest (less than $300) and the newest generation LEV. That is the really stiff post. The one from PricePoint was a second generation LEV.

If you get another bad one, I'd get my money back and try BikeBling. For your trouble you could end up saving a lot of dough. Good luck.
    1990 Schwinn Sierra MOS
    2011 Santa Cruz Chameleon
    2012 Cannondale Claymore 2

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    Holly ****!

got the new one from jenson USA and it has the same side to side play if not even worse! right out of the box!! I'm wondering if this is a problem with the 27.2 posts? Anyone else on here with a 27.2 100mm post that could verify how much side to side play you have? maybe I'm being over critical, apparently some side to side play is normal but it just doesn't seem right, appreciate anyone who could chime in.

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    KS wanted me to try with a different seat to see if it was the seat that was causing the horizontal play, it pretty much behaved the same, here is the video with a different seat, it's a road bike seat cause that's all I had to test with

Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 9 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 LastLast