Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast
    MattSavage
    This is an amazing post!!!!

That being said, I don't feel it performs any better than the i-series or supernatural. I guess, technically, it shouldn't.

Hopefully the price will come down soon and the availability goes up! If I buy again, soon, I'll probably just get the Supernatural instead.
    "I wrote a hit play! What have you ever done?!"

Have Ashtray, Will Travel....

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by djball View Post
    Does anyone know when the Lev Integra(stealth) version will be available?
    I didn't see this answered anywhere - Since I'm in the market and deciding between the LEV and the Reverb I emailed KS today about Integra aftermarket availability and was told "A few months."

mtbr member
    So...I figured out what that creaking noise was! I am an idiot, and the noise was rocks grinding around in my skull where my brain should be.

But seriously, I just didn't have my torque wrench set correctly so the bolts weren't tight enough on the seat clamp. Properly torqued them and problem solved.
    "Got everything you need?"

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    My seat in climbing position is 130mm from the seat post collar. The 100mm version extends 157mm past the color when the post is set as far down as possible. Having it extend 27mm too high every time I release the post, would this be a deal breaker? Looking to get feedback from those who have it, before I pull the trigger and order one. Anyone else find themselves in this situation?

Thanks,

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by NW-Rider View Post
    My seat in climbing position is 130mm from the seat post collar. The 100mm version extends 157mm past the color when the post is set as far down as possible. Having it extend 27mm too high every time I release the post, would this be a deal breaker? Looking to get feedback from those who have it, before I pull the trigger and order one. Anyone else find themselves in this situation?

Thanks,
    Check this image from KS and then measure from seatpost collar to saddle rails. You basically need to add travel (100mm) + post head (22mm) + cable/collar (35mm), and compare that to your own measurement. I've included a pic of my 100mm travel post below, with a total height collar to rails of 185mm.

Old seatpost, ~185mm from collar to rails:

mtbr member
    Having it extend 27mm too high every time I release the post, would this be a deal breaker? Looking to get feedback from those who have it, before I pull the trigger and order one. Anyone else find themselves in this situation?

Thanks,
    You'll be able to stop the seatpost wherever you want. The only time the seatpost would be fully extended, in your case, is if you inadvertantly press the lever when you aren't above the seat to stop it. Plus 27mm is only an inch so it should be an easy recovery even if the post becomed fully extended while you're riding.
    The only downfall is that you'll just have to be over the seat while you extend the post.
    j

MattSavage
    deal breaker...

I'd get the 300mm Supernatural. It functions equally as well and you wont have to hunt for the proper seat height.

Helmetless Crasher
    May wanna try running a simple/thin seatpost collar/clamp that allows the LEV to be lowered maximally, ie the clamp and the LEV junction box do not make contact when the LEV is pushed all the way into the seat tube. This would buy you another 24mm.
    '95 M2 StumpJumper FS
    '11 Cannondale RZ 120-two

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Supernatural seatpost rail holder is flawed. I have a friend who snaps the bolts from time to time. Last time was yesterday and luckily he got some spare bolts.

Bolts are on left and right, working in a bad mechanical way (shear). It was quality steel bolts (not even stainless which are worse). Even using loctite did not prevent it.

No problem with the LEV (I have one), the bolts are front and behind, this way no shear problem.

MattSavage
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac_Aravan View Post
    Supernatural seatpost rail holder is flawed. I have a friend who snaps the bolts from time to time. Last time was yesterday and luckily he got some spare bolts.

Bolts are on left and right, working in a bad mechanical way (shear). It was quality steel bolts (not even stainless which are worse). Even using loctite did not prevent it.

No problem with the LEV (I have one), the bolts are front and behind, this way no shear problem.
    I have 3 supernaturals. Never had a problem, not a creak, not a groan. And I'm a fatty. I've never heard of bolts breaking, if that was really a systemic problem, someone would've posted it here at some point in the last 3 years...

mtbr member

Thanks,
    Why don't you raise your current seat post 27mm and ride around to see if you will get used to it? My legs stretch after I ride for a while so my seat post seems like it is a little too high when I start a ride but about 20 minutes in, the seat post height is perfect.
    1990 Schwinn Sierra MOS
    2011 Santa Cruz Chameleon
    2012 Cannondale Claymore 2

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by randan View Post
    anvil_den: do you still use the Joplin remote with your KS LEV? If so, how do you like it so far? I am thinking of switching as well to the Joplin remote as I don't like the KS remote that much.
    Yup. still on the Joplin remote. In fact I have another bike which I'm thinking of changing as well... but they don't sell them anymore. Closest to the old Joplin remote are the ones used in Xfusion HiLo adj posts...

mtbr member
    Any difference in 2013 vs 2012 besides color? Which is which?
    G
    KS LEV 125mm. Am I the first to have?-%24t2ec16f-0e9s37fbmobrv0fgu-qq%7E%7E60_57.jpg
    Name:  $(KGrHqJ,!iYFCNM+oYnyBQ0Pvug3fg~~60_12.JPG
Views: 909
Size:  7.8 KB

www.derbyrims.com
    The upper picture is how my KS LEV 150 looks, bought new in late March 2013.

mtbr member

KS LEV 125mm. Am I the first to have?

Thanks. I wonder if the listings and stores that show the silver one are selling old stock or if they just haven't updated their photos. I'll call KS and post if I hear.
    G

mtbr member
    I have two KS LEV's, a 125 and a 100. The 125 was bought at the end of 2012 from pricepoint and looks exactly like the top photo. The 100 was bought a few months ago from bikebling and looks similar to the top photo except it has a different collar. The collar on the 100 is smoother, but has LEV printed on it. Everything else is the same as the top photo.

So far, they both work flawlessly.
    1990 Schwinn Sierra MOS
    2011 Santa Cruz Chameleon
    2012 Cannondale Claymore 2

bike rider
    QBP and BTi are still out of stock of the 150mm. This is silly. I've been trying to get one for over a year.
    Keep the Country country.

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    A few questions for those who have had a LEV for a while:

-Is there any actual solution to the problem of the seat slipping? Mine creaks like crazy and I have to re-tighten multiple times per ride. I recall the install video using carbon paste on the nuts, so maybe I'll give that a try.
    -Does anyone have the size of the cover O-ring? Mine, like everyone else's has torn.
    -Mine was always challenging to lower (I'd have to pretty much bounce on it) and now it's stuck up (used it maybe half a dozen rides). Is there anything to try prior to following the service instructions/sending back to K&S?
    -It would return to full extension fine, unless I only lowered it a small amount, in which case it wouldn't go up at all. I made sure that the seatpost clamp was as loose as I could get away with but no change. Is this normal?

It seems like a nice product and it gets great reviews, but so far I've had issues with almost every function of this thing (and it's a seatpost...there aren't many!). Hopefully I can get it sorted out, because it's great when it works.

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Lelandjt View Post
    QBP and BTi are still out of stock of the 150mm. This is silly. I've been trying to get one for over a year.
    I don't know what QBP and BTi are, but why not order from someone who has them? I ordered from Bike Bling and paid $313 for the 150mm with their coupon code and it was in in less than a week.

mtbr member
    A few questions for those who have had a LEV for a while:

-Is there any actual solution to the problem of the seat slipping? Mine creaks like crazy and I have to re-tighten multiple times per ride. I recall the install video using carbon paste on the nuts, so maybe I'll give that a try.
    I used to have that problem, but I was not tightening the bolts to proper torque. If you're sure the setting is right on your torque wrench, maybe try someone else's or the LBS.

-Does anyone have the size of the cover O-ring? Mine, like everyone else's has torn.
    I've never had a problem with the O-ring or the cover, so not "everyone" has this problem. In fact, after I got the cable cut to the right length, there's been no reason to ever remove it?

-Mine was always challenging to lower (I'd have to pretty much bounce on it) and now it's stuck up (used it maybe half a dozen rides). Is there anything to try prior to following the service instructions/sending back to K&S?
    Again, I've never had a problem with lowering the saddle. Just hit the lever and sit on the saddle. It sounds like some people had problems when a)they installed the hook backwards, b)tightened the post collar too much. If neither of these is the case, it sounds like the post needs to be sent back to KS as it is not functioning properly.

-It would return to full extension fine, unless I only lowered it a small amount, in which case it wouldn't go up at all. I made sure that the seatpost clamp was as loose as I could get away with but no change. Is this normal?
    Again, I'd say that if the installation of the hook is correct and seat post clamp is correct, it sounds like you got a bad post. It happens, so it may be time to talk to KS about an RMA.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lelandjt View Post
    UniversalCycles.com has the 150mm in 31.6mm, but it looks like they are out of 30.9. That's where I ordered mine from with coupon code "VIP15" for 15% off, no tax, and free shipping.

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    Thanks. O-ring was definitely my fault. I opened it after the seat stopped going down to make sure there was nothing obviously wrong and that the cable pull was sufficient to disengage the "lock". O-ring looks to be 1mm thick and 20mm ID if anyone else needs one.

Seat slips all the way forward when tightened to spec and also when tightened about as much as I'm comfortable doing without fear of stripping threads etc.

Hook is installed correctly (facing out) and post is clamped as gently as I can get away with without having it slide.

Thanks for the suggestions, I'll probably be in contact with KS about an RMA.

Helmetless Crasher
    Quote Originally Posted by anvil_den View Post

Never liked the lock ring remote. Simply bad ergonomics needing to remove finger from brakes to activate it. Hybridize my LEV with a remote from an old Joplin instead.

I think perhaps you had the KS remote installed backwards or upside down. It is THUMB actuated, thus no need to remove any fingers from brake lever.
    '95 M2 StumpJumper FS
    '11 Cannondale RZ 120-two

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by hrdude View Post
    After removing & inspecting, the internal cable wore out and broke. The internal cable is made from kevlar or some type of fiber string material. Friction from moving the post up and down wore through the fibers until it broke. Unless they've recently changed the cable material it looks like this could be a regular yearly issue. Other than this, it has been a great dropper post.
    KS was quick to provide an RMA number & I've shipped the post back for warranty repair.
    The LEV is the best post I have had to date (Several Joplins and a KS Supernatural) but my internal cable broke last week too. Off to KS USA for a quick fix. Lasted 8 months of solid use.

mtbr member
    Follow up to the picture question:
    I just spoke with Ron @ KS. The picture with the silver is an older promo/proto picture that is still floating around. They're all black now. The newer/current models come with a smooth collar. The knurled ones were the late 2012 early 2013 version. No internal differences.
    That's AFAIR.
    Just ordered a 100mm 30.9 from JensonUSA. Price matched and offset with a gift card (thanks sis). Still big $$$ but...Should be here Friday.
    -G

Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast