Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast
    mtbr member
    May 2010
    Has anyone ever lost the little red cable junction box cover lost mine on a ride today and can you buy them?

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    Call KS, you don't want that area to get gunked up.

Installed and rode my new one today, it is great. I am super happy with it.

mtbr member
    Only time I have read about that cover coming off, they had the hook facing the wrong way. Make sure the hook is facing out or it will just happen again. Make sure your new cover has an O-ring on it.
    1990 Schwinn Sierra MOS
    2011 Santa Cruz Chameleon
    2012 Cannondale Claymore 2

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    I have adjusted the hook to face out but it still popping the red cap off..... Anyone have similar issue?

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    OK fixed! For those that have similar issue with red cap popping out even with the hook faced out.

You need to check if the steel cable is protruding out of the hole in the hook piece. If so, you need to adjust the steel cable so it sit flat to the hole.

mtbr member
    I can't remember the exact length, but the instructions give you a measurement (like 21mm?) to cut the housing so you have the correct amount of cable sticking out. That way, the cable doesn't interfere with the hook.

For any new buyers I highly recommend watching this video on installation prior to doing it yourself. I did, and it made following the directions a whole lot easier. It's probably one of the best and most thorough videos I've seen from a manufacturer.

"Got everything you need?"

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    bad ass

Helmetless Crasher
    Just did a week long AM/DH mtb trip with the 125. This was my first use of the post and it performed flawlessly. Could not have ridden these trails w/out a dropper I dont think. I was using it constantly.

I noticed that the little plastic barb/ferrule that goes on the end of the cable housing that enters the junction box is wearing extremely fast, though. Looks pretty knackered - not sure why . . .
    '95 M2 StumpJumper FS
    '11 Cannondale RZ 120-two

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by anvil_den View Post
    Never liked the lock ring remote. Simply bad ergonomics needing to remove finger from brakes to activate it. Hybridize my LEV with a remote from an old Joplin instead.

anvil_den: do you still use the Joplin remote with your KS LEV? If so, how do you like it so far? I am thinking of switching as well to the Joplin remote as I don't like the KS remote that much.

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    I installed my 150mm LEV last week, so have three rides on it now. It went on easily and has been flawless so far. The remote is perfect, it could not be designed better I don't think. I set it on the left side right above the shifter and it becomes second nature there very quickly. The post operates perfectly so far every single time, and the 150mm of travel is nice and I am glad I got that version. The action really is smooth up and down, and the set up is very clean with the non moving cable. I think the only hit on it is that there is some slight movement with the saddle. There is no way you could feel it riding, so I don't really know that it is a true downside, but it is there. I have heard that with every dropper out there, so maybe it is just the nature of the beast. All in all I am very happy so far with the post and it definitely makes downhills faster and more fun.

MattSavage
    Originally Posted by anvil_den
    "Never liked the lock ring remote. Simply bad ergonomics needing to remove finger from brakes to activate it. Hybridize my LEV with a remote from an old Joplin instead."

Why would anyone have to remove their finger from the brake if it's designed to be used with the thumb...?
    "I wrote a hit play! What have you ever done?!"

Have Ashtray, Will Travel....

mtbr member
    Bummer, my Lev 125 died today. After 9 months of trouble free use it suddenly stopped working. Trigger & external cable are functioning fine but post will not move. Appears internal cable broke. Bummed because I finally got my seat position adjusted perfectly, uggh.

mtbr member
    @hrdude - Sucks! Be sure to post back when you figure out what happened, and how KS has responded. I just got my KS a couple months ago, and am interested to hear how their customer service and warranty process is.

mtbr member
    After removing & inspecting, the internal cable wore out and broke. The internal cable is made from kevlar or some type of fiber string material. Friction from moving the post up and down wore through the fibers until it broke. Unless they've recently changed the cable material it looks like this could be a regular yearly issue. Other than this, it has been a great dropper post.
    KS was quick to provide an RMA number & I've shipped the post back for warranty repair.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by hrdude View Post
    After removing & inspecting, the internal cable wore out and broke. The internal cable is made from kevlar or some type of fiber string material. Friction from moving the post up and down wore through the fibers until it broke. Unless they've recently changed the cable material it looks like this could be a regular yearly issue. Other than this, it has been a great dropper post.
    KS was quick to provide an RMA number & I've shipped the post back for warranty repair.
    When installing mine that was what I was thinking...how long is that internal cable going to last. Awesome post!, but that cable could be a flaw.

mtbr member
    Reminds me a little bit of how the older cars used to have a timing belt that needed to be serviced and finally somebody got the bright idea to use a chain instead of a belt which made the 60,000 mile timing belt change a thing of the past. When will KS use a different material for their internal cable that will eliminate this type of problem? I also wonder if extreme cold weather would make the kevlar wear faster?
    1990 Schwinn Sierra MOS
    2011 Santa Cruz Chameleon
    2012 Cannondale Claymore 2

inexperienced at large
    Apr 2011
    I noticed he didn't install the barrel adjuster in the video, is it necessary?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ehigh View Post
    You don't need the barrel adjuster, but cables do stretch over time. That's why it's a good idea to install it, so you can tighten it up easily when the cable stretches out.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    There's another video that's a couple of minutes longer that includes the adjuster video installation (@9:20) but is otherwise the same: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XUXcLchjFV4. The guy says it's optional, but I found it useful.

AFI
    mtbr member
    I didn't install one and haven't had any issues. Going on about 6 months now. I did my best to attach at tightly as possible.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by AFI View Post
    I didn't install one and haven't had any issues. Going on about 6 months now. I did my best to attach at tightly as possible.
    I am glad I installed mine. It gives you some on-the-fly adjustment for the lever engagement point and to compensate for a little bit of cable stretch. Plus, it means less chance of damaging that small, fragile aluminum hook - I am most worried about this part of the post and am considering trying to get a spare...

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    Does anyone know if the diameter of the inner post of the LEV and reverb is the same? I'm trying to determine if the travel limiter clamp from the reverb will fit on the LEV...

mtbr member

KS LEV 125mm. Am I the first to have?

Does anyone else have a problem with having to unweight their seat, then hit the remote, then weight it again to get the post to go down?

I just installed my 125 and went for a ride and it wouldn't go down unless I did a little bum hop. That can't be normal...

mtbr member

KS LEV 125mm. Am I the first to have?

Fixed. Just needed to take some slack out with the adjuster barrel. Flipped the hook around too. Success.

Helmetless Crasher
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronstar View Post
    Has anyone ever lost the little red cable junction box cover lost mine on a ride today and can you buy them?
    I almost lost mine. The little o-ring tore, creating a loose fit and the cover was hanging out of the box.

I don't like the box/cover/o-ring design, at all. Way too cutesie/fussy for a part that potentially gets blasted by dirt, rocks, water and debris.

Seems like a small allen screw (or 2) to hold the cover on would have been tidy and secure. The box/cover O-ring should sit captive in a ridge inside the box, like a gasket, completely eliminating the possibility of pinching/twisting the o-ring during removal/replacement of the cover.

The plastic barbed ferule that goes into the box should be made of aluminum - mine has disintegrated and cracked in short order . . .

My post still functions beautifully, however . . .
    '95 M2 StumpJumper FS
    '11 Cannondale RZ 120-two

Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast