Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 22 ... LastLast
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by tp806 View Post
    560 gr.
    Thank you

It's carbon dontcha know.
    My 100 drop post has gone wrong today no idea what the problem is as it was working fine yesterday.

The remote cable still has tension, but pressing it gives no drop, I popped the red cap off and it appears to be fully compressing the spring as it pulls on the barrel mechanism.

Anyone else had theirs just stop dropping when all cables appear okay?
    Rolling on 29", 650b, 8.3" and 23mm

mountain biker
    Quote Originally Posted by 6thElement View Post
    My 100 drop post has gone wrong today no idea what the problem is as it was working fine yesterday.

The remote cable still has tension, but pressing it gives no drop, I popped the red cap off and it appears to be fully compressing the spring as it pulls on the barrel mechanism.

Anyone else had theirs just stop dropping when all cables appear okay?
    sounds like the same problem I had with mine. with mine, it was the kevlar cable inside the post that came undone from one of it's two clamping points. I brought it into my shop, who were able able to fix it, though based on the service video on KS's website, it seems like a pretty involved process...
    continuous growth is the strategy of a cancer cell.

I got an RMA number, annoying but I'll see how it goes through the process.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    I just got mine yesterday. Installed it. And first thing I noticed was there is rotational play along the seatpost axis. Not what I expected after reading all the rave reviews. It is my first post so I also dont know where to set my expectation.

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    It has been my experience that KS USA has terrific customer service. I have called any time I have had a question and have had good luck getting a hold of them. I would give them a call and see what they recommend.

MattSavage
    Quote Originally Posted by JYLO View Post
    I just got mine yesterday. Installed it. And first thing I noticed was there is rotational play along the seatpost axis. Not what I expected after reading all the rave reviews. It is my first post so I also dont know where to set my expectation.
    Every single dropper post on the market will have a tiny amount of wiggle. If you're talking 2-3 degrees of rotation, then that's an issue. But if it's just a little wiggle that you can percieve with your hands but is visually hardly noticable, then don't worry about. You'll never notice it under your asse.
    "I wrote a hit play! What have you ever done?!"

Have Ashtray, Will Travel....

mtbr member
    Has anyone own a KS i950r/supernatural and a Lev? Is the Lev worth the extra $130 or should I just save money and buy the supernatural? Thanks for your time!

MattSavage
    Quote Originally Posted by nostayhome View Post
    Has anyone own a KS i950r/supernatural and a Lev? Is the Lev worth the extra $130 or should I just save money and buy the supernatural? Thanks for your time!
    I say go with the Supernatural. Lev has some funtional differences, but nothing that gives it better performance. They both feel the same going up and down.
    "I wrote a hit play! What have you ever done?!"

Have Ashtray, Will Travel....

bike rider
    Quote Originally Posted by mattsavage View Post
    I say go with the Supernatural. Lev has some funtional differences, but nothing that gives it better performance. They both feel the same going up and down.
    I'd say it depends on the frame and how cleanly you can route the cable. Basically the only difference between the LEV and Supernatural is the non-moving cable. I have one bike where the cable slides so neatly down that there's no loop or mess when lowering the post. My other bike is a bit of a compromise with a taught cable running up from the top tube in front of the seatpost when it's up and a loop that sticks back a bit when it's lowered. It would be worth the money to put an LEV on that but but not the first one.
    Keep the Country country.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lelandjt View Post
    I'd say it depends on the frame and how cleanly you can route the cable. Basically the only difference between the LEV and Supernatural is the non-moving cable. I have one bike where the cable slides so neatly down that there's no loop or mess when lowering the post. My other bike is a bit of a compromise with a taught cable running up from the top tube in front of the seatpost when it's up and a loop that sticks back a bit when it's lowered. It would be worth the money to put an LEV on that but but not the first one.
    Thanks guys for taking the time to reply. I have a stumpjumper so it has factory holes for a command post. I'm assuming the cable size should be the same between the two.

FM
    luxatio erecta
    I have both and would recommend the Lev for a few reasons:
    • Prices had dropped on the lev to a point where it's not such a huge price difference
    • The sealed & fixed cable routing on the Lev eliminates most all of the maintenance issues the supernatural has, such as mud getting into the cable housing, housing getting kinked or pulled out of the ferull & cable stop as the post is cycled etc.
    • The Lev is 100g lighter, has smoother lever action, adjustable & quicker rebound speed (air pressure) and a better seat clamp.

mtbr member
    You just had to make me go and second guess myself. lol j/k
    Thanks for your input and I will definitely take it into consideration. I plan on making a purchase within the next few days but I'm sure I'll have buyers remorse. lol

bike rider
    You just had to make me go and second guess myself. lol j/k
    Thanks for your input and I will definitely take it into consideration. I plan on making a purchase within the next few days but I'm sure I'll have buyers remorse. lol
    Almost no one has buyers remorse after getting the better, more expensive option.
    Keep the Country country.

mtbr member
    haha!!
    Except when your wife reviews the CC bill. lol j/k

mtbr member
    My 150mm Lev showed up today. Will install tonight. Looking forward to uppy downy awesomeness!

Helmetless Crasher
    Quote Originally Posted by YamiRider1316 View Post
    My 150mm Lev showed up today. Will install tonight. Looking forward to uppy downy awesomeness!
    Yep, got mine a few days ago, and install was quick/simple. Just playing around w/ it in the living room, the thing screams "quality". Can't wait to get it on the trail and "drop it like its haaaaaaaawt".

mtbr member
    Functionally the same yes but the difference is the height of the seat clamp on the LEV is significantly shorter and a better clamp design IMO. On the i950 I could only run the 125mm but with the LEV I am able to run the 150mm. This may not be your issue if you have lots of seatpost stickout which I did not.

One nice thing about the i950r/SNr is the cable design allows for easy cable removal, on the LEV you need to pop the cover and disconnect. Not a big deal but something to consider. Also the LEV is less prone to dirt in the lever mechanism although the SN improved on that with the rubber boot.

If you've got the coin get the LEV, otherwise the SN/r is still killer

ptd
    mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Stumpjumpy View Post
    Yep, got mine a few days ago, and install was quick/simple. Just playing around w/ it in the living room, the thing screams "quality". Can't wait to get it on the trail and "drop it like its haaaaaaaawt".
    Quote Originally Posted by YamiRider1316 View Post
    Stumpjumpycan and YamiRider1316 can you do me a huge favour and measure the distance from the saddle rails to the bottom of the seat post collar with the post extended?
    Appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by 6thElement View Post
    I got an RMA number, annoying but I'll see how it goes through the process.
    My post reached KS last Friday, it was back in the mail to me by Monday. A great turnaround time, problem resolved with minimal issue.

Helmetless Crasher
    Quote Originally Posted by ptd View Post
    Stumpjumpycan and YamiRider1316 can you do me a huge favour and measure the distance from the saddle rails to the bottom of the seat post collar with the post extended?
    Appreciated!
    I'd gladly do that.
    However, I'll be on vacation til the end of the month, so don't wait on me.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by RipRoar View Post
    Functionally the same yes but the difference is the height of the seat clamp on the LEV is significantly shorter and a better clamp design IMO. On the i950 I could only run the 125mm but with the LEV I am able to run the 150mm. This may not be your issue if you have lots of seatpost stickout which I did not.

One nice thing about the i950r/SNr is the cable design allows for easy cable removal, on the LEV you need to pop the cover and disconnect. Not a big deal but something to consider. Also the LEV is less prone to dirt in the lever mechanism although the SN improved on that with the rubber boot.

If you've got the coin get the LEV, otherwise the SN/r is still killer
    Thanks!!
    I ended up getting the supernatural, after considering everyone's opinions. I really appreciate everyone's input.

Definitely pleased with my fixed post, back to the same goodness.
    Last edited by 6thElement; 03-04-2013 at 03:25 PM.

mtbr member
    Just about to place my order on this one!

Any suggestions on how to get the right size? I certainly don't need a 150mm travel post, so I'm thinking 125mm. I just want to make sure it's going to fit in my frame.

I'm 5'8" and ride a medium SC Blur LT. Anyone else with a similar size bike using the 125mm LEV? Thanks!

EDIT: I guess the measurement I really need is from the bottom of the saddle clamp to the maximum insert point of the post, where it would hit the port QR/clamp. From that I could figure out what length it needs to be.

Here's a pic of my bike with normal riding height:
    Last edited by TwoHeadsBrewing; 02-19-2013 at 04:18 PM.
    "Got everything you need?"

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by TwoHeadsBrewing View Post
    Just about to place my order on this one!

Any suggestions on how to get the right size? I certainly don't need a 150mm travel post, so I'm thinking 125mm. I just want to make sure it's going to fit in my frame.

I'm 5'8" and ride a medium SC Blur LT. Anyone else with a similar size bike using the 125mm LEV? Thanks!
    I'm 5'10" and have a 125mm LEV installed on a medium Yeti SB66C. I originally ordered the 150mm and canceled the order as I thought it might be too long.
    Here is the LEV on my bike:

KS LEV 125mm. Am I the first to have?-lev.jpg

Hoki

Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 22 ... LastLast