Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 21 ... LastLast
    Scott is a tool.
    Mine's going back to the supplier.

Sick of the creaking and inconsistent performance.

I've tried so many different cable tensions to fix the issue of it not dropping whilst out on the trail and nothing works.

Pretty over it.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by waldog View Post
    Mine's going back to the supplier.

Sick of the creaking and inconsistent performance.

I've tried so many different cable tensions to fix the issue of it not dropping whilst out on the trail and nothing works.

Pretty over it.
    is a pity that it is not satisfy you, it is possible that it has a factory error?
    get in gear

Scott is a tool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dutshlander View Post
    is a pity that it is not satisfy you, it is possible that it has a factory error?
    I really don't know. It's my second post already.

I just hope they have a quick turn around.

mtbr member
    I replaced my cable with a reg derailleur cable and it it no issue at all. I have about 10 rides on it and so far it has been flawless.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

mountain biker
    I think I may have found one of the limitations of the LEV. I went out for a ride in 17F (-8C) last night and when I got on my bike in the parking lot, the post wouldn't stay put, it was moving up and down. After looking at it a bit, it seemed the actuation cable was stuck. So I wiggled it around a bit and the post locked in place in the "up" position. At least I could ride. After the ride, I brought my bike down to my basement, and this morning, no matter what I do, the post doesn't move. The lever actuation cable seems to be moving a bit, but I'm not sure what's going on. I'm going to bring it into the shop. I had an issue a while back with the little kevlar "string" inside the post coming undone (slipping), but my shop was able to reattach it properly. I'm wondering if the cold did something to that mechanism again, possibly making it frail and having it break.

I'm ok with not having a dropper post in super cold conditions, and the post has been amazing since I installed it in august, under more normal conditions. This isn't a complaint, just an observation. I'll update once I've figured out what happened.
    continuous growth is the strategy of a cancer cell.

mtbr member
    Last edited by Dutshlander; 12-08-2012 at 11:32 PM.
    get in gear

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    I went for the 100mm version of the LEV. My installation below:

mtbr member
    Got my KS LEV 125mm a couple weeks ago and now have around 50 miles on it. So far so good. No issues at all and "it just works" to steal a line from Apple. I had a CB Kronolog and after having the same issue crop up on three separate posts, (slippage), was able to return it. For anybody interested, the KS LEV is smoother than the Kronolog (when it worked) and the remote is so much nicer.

Keeping my fingers crossed and will chime in if any issues arise, but really hoping that this is the last time I post to this thread unless it is to answer a question.

Oh, and for anybody that is still considering buying but want more information, there is a review of the LEV on VitalMTB.com. They used it for 4 months and posted a rather thorough review.

father, mountain biker
    Quote Originally Posted by JPBakerIII View Post
    Oh, and for anybody that is still considering buying but want more information, there is a review of the LEV on VitalMTB.com. They used it for 4 months and posted a rather thorough review.
    That article pretty much sums up my 4 months of experience with the Lev, except for that fact that mine had a slight wobble in the head clamp from the very start.
    "He seems quite arrogant and ignores quite some valid points." -Millfox
    "I don't like you" -ne_dan

mtbr member
    [QUOTE=Proxyserv;9952523]I went for the 100mm version of the LEV. My installation below:

Very nice indeed May I ask what brake noodle part are you using? And is that a power corz cable? If so any problems..Cheers
    Cannondale: Team Scalpel, Flash Ultimate, Hooligan 9
    Lynskey Pro26 with custom Lefty head tube
    Santa Cruz Nomad carbon

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by XgreygOOse View Post
    Very nice indeed May I ask what brake noodle part are you using? And is that a power corz cable? If so any problems..Cheers
    Thanks. It just a standard 90degree aluminium brake noodle and the stock cable housing which came with the LEV. It is fairly new and I have only done 7 hours of riding time on the LEV with active use under muddy conditions. No problem with it so far. A happy customer here

mtbr member
    Jan 2008

good and bad

I was given a ks lev for Christmas. I've managed about 4 rides totalling about 15 hours. After each ride, the fore/aft wobble seems to increase as does the rotational play. Anyone else notice this? At what point do you decide it's an issue? Can't detect it while riding yet. Has anyone defined a tollerance on these yet?

Also, the finned cable end cap started to crack from the first use which now makes unhooking the post a bit more fiddly.

On the plus side, the a tion is quick and smooth and I'm lo ing riding with it. Just hope that slop doesn't get any worse.

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    For those trying to figure out which travel KS Lev to purchase they posted a formula to use on their Facebook page, since there isn't **** on their site.

"Measure the distance from your seat collar on your frame to the center of your seat rail with your saddle at your normal climbing height (full leg extension). Then subtract 50mm. "

Ordered my 31.6 125mm dropper today.

MattSavage
    Quote Originally Posted by anomaly View Post
    For those trying to figure out which travel KS Lev to purchase they posted a formula to use on their Facebook page, since there isn't **** on their site.

"Measure the distance from your seat collar on your frame to the center of your seat rail with your saddle at your normal climbing height (full leg extension). Then subtract 50mm. "

Ordered my 31.6 125mm dropper today.
    Link?
    "I wrote a hit play! What have you ever done?!"

Have Ashtray, Will Travel....

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by mattsavage View Post
    Link?
    They are listed under "KS USA" and that was the response given to a comment back in December.

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by -C- View Post
    So I have just got a LEV, after getting fed up with my (3rd replacement) Reverb & it's comical fragile lever.

Out of the box it has a very small amount of twisting play, probably similar to my Reverb, but what concerns me is it has a small amount of fore/aft play. It is almost undetectable with no seat attached, but when I have a seat on it, there is a definate noticable play with the whole inner shaft able to rock slightly forward & backwards in the outer tube.

So, is this normal? Or is it a duffer that needs to go back out of the box? (good start!)
    Quote Originally Posted by NomadSC View Post
    I've got the same issue with my lev150. Just put it on Tuesday and got the first real ride in with it today. The play isn't noticeable while riding, so I don't think it's too big of a deal. If the bike is stationary, I can shake the seat and definitely feel the play from front to back. Besides the play, the post worked as smooth as I expected it would.
    I bought my Lev 3 weeks ago, and I have the same problem...
    What is the best way to deal with it? is the threaded ring got anything to do with it?
    Last edited by Gal Shon; 01-14-2013 at 01:25 AM. Reason: adding quete

Calm like a Bomb
    Just got my 125mm lev tonight, I see some people's collar on the post doesn't say lev on it like mine does? Anyone know if they changed it?

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    I have just check my 125 Lev and no markings on the collar.

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    Does anyone know when the Lev Integra(stealth) version will be available?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Proxyserv View Post
    I went for the 100mm version of the LEV. My installation below:

Nice and clean setup. I was looking for housing hooks like the ones you have but only found the rotating hooks from Jagwire. Where did you purchase those hooks?

Hoki

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by dviratinis View Post
    EDIT: found that info on wiggle website: The post is 385mm in length and has a travel of 125mm drop. Minimum insertion is 120mm, maximum insertion is 200mm. Stack height from the rails to the seatclamp is 55mm.
    I calculated and think that it can be too short for me since with my current 410mm seatpost I have 270mm from the rails to the seatclamp... and with LEV I will have (385-120=265 mm) lenght only if inserted properly to the line. Is it so terribly bad if I will install the post 5mm above the minimal insertion? Reverb's minimal is only 80mm...

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!
    I've spent many hours looking for this info!

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Hokidachi View Post
    Nice and clean setup. I was looking for housing hooks like the ones you have but only found the rotating hooks from Jagwire. Where did you purchase those hooks?

Hoki
    Hoki, those are the rotating hooks from Jagwire. Come in 4 per pack. They work great but you need to be cautious as they do not work with smaller diameter hoses. No problems with brake hoses and the ones from Jagwire .

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Proxyserv View Post
    Hoki, those are the rotating hooks from Jagwire. Come in 4 per pack. They work great but you need to be cautious as they do not work with smaller diameter hoses. No problems with brake hoses and the ones from Jagwire .
    Thanks Proxyserv! I ordered the rotating hooks along with a LEV 125mm. It's amazing how this changed my bike (the LEV, not the hooks ) !

mtbr member
    Anybody have a total weight (post, cable, remote etc) for a 30.9 150mm version of the Lev? Looking to purchase a dropper in the next week or so...

Zombie Uprising
    560 gr.

Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 21 ... LastLast