Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 20 ... LastLast
Results 226 to 250 of 574
  1. #226
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    248
    Ordered a KS Lev 100mm from Bikebling.com said ks is backorder and will not ship before mid to end november. Good deal *@ 296,65 + shipping but they already took the money via paypal and no communication on in stock /backorder item, I had to asked.

  2. #227
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    236

    Bolt rub on seat underside

    I noticed the front bolt was gouging into the underside of my seat. Perhaps my seat (WTB Laser V) flexes a lot or I'm just a fat arse but that was no bueno. I trimmed the front bolt about 1/8".

    Heads up.

  3. #228
    -C-
    -C- is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    370
    So I have just got a LEV, after getting fed up with my (3rd replacement) Reverb & it's comical fragile lever.

    Out of the box it has a very small amount of twisting play, probably similar to my Reverb, but what concerns me is it has a small amount of fore/aft play. It is almost undetectable with no seat attached, but when I have a seat on it, there is a definate noticable play with the whole inner shaft able to rock slightly forward & backwards in the outer tube.

    So, is this normal? Or is it a duffer that needs to go back out of the box? (good start!)

  4. #229
    bike rider
    Reputation: Lelandjt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    4,287
    I'd be worried about a bad bushing that will only get worse. I'd want it warrantied now and would contact KS if I were you.
    Keep the Country country.

  5. #230
    ban
    ban is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    1,293
    I have been using a LEV since last July with no issues at all, it works really well, better than my previous 2 ks 950i seatposts...it is smoother and faster and the fixed cable position is a must for me as with my previous 950i on my Nomad, the cable got caught with one of the pivots of frame not matter how long or short was the cable, so for me, LEV= so far so good!!

  6. #231
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    55
    Quote Originally Posted by -C- View Post
    So I have just got a LEV, after getting fed up with my (3rd replacement) Reverb & it's comical fragile lever.

    Out of the box it has a very small amount of twisting play, probably similar to my Reverb, but what concerns me is it has a small amount of fore/aft play. It is almost undetectable with no seat attached, but when I have a seat on it, there is a definate noticable play with the whole inner shaft able to rock slightly forward & backwards in the outer tube.

    So, is this normal? Or is it a duffer that needs to go back out of the box? (good start!)
    I've got the same issue with my lev150. Just put it on Tuesday and got the first real ride in with it today. The play isn't noticeable while riding, so I don't think it's too big of a deal. If the bike is stationary, I can shake the seat and definitely feel the play from front to back. Besides the play, the post worked as smooth as I expected it would.

  7. #232
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    726
    Anyone purchase a 27.2 KS LEV yet? I'm not-so-patiently awaiting that size-- doesn't seem to be in stock anywhere

    Love my Supernatural... now just need a 27.2mm post to put on my other bike

  8. #233
    father, mountain biker
    Reputation: shredjunkie's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    193
    Uggh, my Lev started creaking again on a long ride. Gotta say, this thing is pretty temperamental for the price, have a serious love-hate relationship with it. How hard can it be to make a solid connection at the head like every other seat post?
    "He seems quite arrogant and ignores quite some valid points." -Millfox
    "I don't like you" -ne_dan

  9. #234
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    42
    So far so good, touch wood, with my Lev 125. There have been some comments about the screws working loose, mine did once but has since been secure. I have copper ease on the threads and on the conical nut others have used thread lock.

  10. #235
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    248
    Quote Originally Posted by rfxc View Post
    Anyone purchase a 27.2 KS LEV yet? I'm not-so-patiently awaiting that size-- doesn't seem to be in stock anywhere

    Love my Supernatural... now just need a 27.2mm post to put on my other bike
    ordered a 30.9 100mm from Bikebling. And bb said mid december (from initially mid, end november)

  11. #236
    mtbr member
    Reputation: hrdude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    180
    My Lev has been great but I need to replace the inner cable. It appears the barrel end that goes into the remote lever is slightly smaller than a standard shifter cable. Anyone know what brand cable fits?

  12. #237
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    220
    Quote Originally Posted by hrdude View Post
    My Lev has been great but I need to replace the inner cable. It appears the barrel end that goes into the remote lever is slightly smaller than a standard shifter cable. Anyone know what brand cable fits?
    Strange, I replaced my cable with a standard shift cable, no issues.

  13. #238
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Dutshlander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    25
    I've replaced it also with a standard shifter cable, had no problems fits well
    get in gear

  14. #239
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Rock dude's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    639
    The inner cable is Kevlar and you will have to get it through KS.
    My cable has broke 2 times. Order two that way you have one as a backup. KS has a video on there web site showing how to replace the inner cable.

  15. #240
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    91
    Quote Originally Posted by hrdude View Post
    My Lev has been great but I need to replace the inner cable. It appears the barrel end that goes into the remote lever is slightly smaller than a standard shifter cable. Anyone know what brand cable fits?
    Seems like this is gonna be the major problem with most LEV's as i'am too in the same boat, mine was practically DOA because of this, brand new, testing install and it fails to drop, my kevlar wire slipped and was frayed, didn't even get to test it on the trails yet

    Quote Originally Posted by Rock dude View Post
    The inner cable is Kevlar and you will have to get it through KS.
    My cable has broke 2 times. Order two that way you have one as a backup. KS has a video on there web site showing how to replace the inner cable.
    How long was it before they sent you the replacement parts?

    its almost been a month for me and still nothing maybe i should just use shifter cable as the guys above did

  16. #241
    mtbr member
    Reputation: hrdude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    180
    FYI on cable replacement; I have been to 3 different bike shops and found that a standard shift cable will NOT fit into the opening on ths KS Lev carbon lever. The barrel end of the KS cable is noticeably smaller than the end on a standard shift cable. A standard shift cable will not fit unless you modified the head by grinding it smaller. The bike shops recommended trying a Campagnolo shift cable since the end is supposedly smaller. Unfortunately, they didn't have the Campy cable in stock. Ughh. Still trying to get this sorted.

  17. #242
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    220
    Well mine has been creaking badly again. Changed saddles to rule that out and went to release the cable from the seatpost so I could clean it all down and re-install and broke the tab it connects to. So will contact local distributor (Australia) and see what can be done.

  18. #243
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Rock dude's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    639
    How long was it before they sent you the replacement parts?

    its almost been a month for me and still nothing maybe i should just use shifter cable as the guys above did[/QUOTE]




    I have sent my post back to KS for repair two times and they have got it back to me within one week. You just have to keep in touch with them.

    I don't think any shifter cable will work, the kevlar cable is very thin and flexible. I think the people that are using the shifter cable aren't replacing the cable inside the seat post.

  19. #244
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    91
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock dude View Post
    I have sent my post back to KS for repair two times and they have got it back to me within one week. You just have to keep in touch with them.

    I don't think any shifter cable will work, the kevlar cable is very thin and flexible. I think the people that are using the shifter cable aren't replacing the cable inside the seat post.
    Oops right i thought they were talking about the inner kevlar cable

  20. #245
    Scott is a tool.
    Reputation: waldog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    844
    Quote Originally Posted by shiny View Post
    Well mine has been creaking badly again. Changed saddles to rule that out and went to release the cable from the seatpost so I could clean it all down and re-install and broke the tab it connects to. So will contact local distributor (Australia) and see what can be done.
    I'm getting so much creaking, can't stop it without stripping the seat post down, clean, then reinstall.

    Starting to get rather jack of it.

  21. #246
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Dutshlander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    25
    Quote Originally Posted by waldog View Post
    I'm getting so much creaking, can't stop it without stripping the seat post down, clean, then reinstall.

    Starting to get rather jack of it.
    try some "Finish Line- Teflon Grease" it worked by mine
    get in gear

  22. #247
    father, mountain biker
    Reputation: shredjunkie's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    193
    Quote Originally Posted by Dutshlander View Post
    try some "Finish Line- Teflon Grease" it worked by mine
    I put a squirt of WD40 between the plates as I tightened. Did the trick but hoping it doesn't eat away at any non-metal components in there. I suppose if it does I'll just send it back, sort of lost my patience with this thing.
    "He seems quite arrogant and ignores quite some valid points." -Millfox
    "I don't like you" -ne_dan

  23. #248
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Dutshlander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    25
    Quote Originally Posted by shredjunkie View Post
    I put a squirt of WD40 between the plates as I tightened. Did the trick but hoping it doesn't eat away at any non-metal components in there. I suppose if it does I'll just send it back, sort of lost my patience with this thing.
    as if I've already written, Teflon grease is the magic medium.
    try it and you will not regret it
    get in gear

  24. #249
    father, mountain biker
    Reputation: shredjunkie's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    193
    Quote Originally Posted by Dutshlander View Post
    as if I've already written, Teflon grease is the magic medium.
    try it and you will not regret it
    Perhaps a stupid question: why have I never had a seat post with this problem in 30 years of bike riding? Wasn't this problem solved long ago? Where did KS go wrong?
    "He seems quite arrogant and ignores quite some valid points." -Millfox
    "I don't like you" -ne_dan

  25. #250
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Dutshlander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    25
    hmmm I think it's a problem of the smooth surface.
    I have the same problem with a fork-brige what I From time to time with the Teflon-grease solve, and it's gone for 2 months.
    get in gear

Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 20 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •