mtbr member

KS I950 popping up?

My KS I950 pops up after some big drop offs or jumps. It is obviously very untimely to have your seat riding up on you after you just landed off a jump. Nearly slammed a few times because of it. Probably shouldn't have the I950 on a freeride bike but I'm a freak and I still like to ride my 36 lb slopestyle bike up the hills.

Anybody have this problem? What's the fix?

mtbr member
    Is it the i950r? If yes then maybe your remote cable is hitting your back tire and causing it to release the post?
    Santa Cruz Blur TRc

mtbr member
    Cable is not hitting the tire. The impact on the ground causes it to release.

FM
    luxatio erecta
    Here's a little test you can do.
    remove the cable and remote. You don't need to cut the cable, the seatpost cable stops are slotted so you can just gently pull it out of the back seatpost head.

Without the remote and cable, you can still adjust your seat height by activating the little red lever on the back of the seatpost head (the same one the cable normally goes through) by hand.

Now lower the seat, go ride the bike and hit some drops.
    If the problem is gone, then you know it was related to the cable tension or routing. (typical, in my experience).
    If you still have the problem, it's something inside the post- contact kindshock.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by FM View Post
    Here's a little test you can do.
    remove the cable and remote. You don't need to cut the cable, the seatpost cable stops are slotted so you can just gently pull it out of the back seatpost head.

Without the remote and cable, you can still adjust your seat height by activating the little red lever on the back of the seatpost head (the same one the cable normally goes through) by hand.

Now lower the seat, go ride the bike and hit some drops.
    If the problem is gone, then you know it was related to the cable tension or routing. (typical, in my experience).
    If you still have the problem, it's something inside the post- contact kindshock.
    Thats a good idea.

Does anybody know if the speed can be adjusted by the cable tension? I am wondering if the lower the cable tension on the activation lever on the post, the more it clamps the post. So, increasing the cable tension would loosen the clamping power on the post, thus causing my problem.

FM
    luxatio erecta
    Nope... You might be able to change the rebound speed with PSI or thicker/thinner grease?

I just took mine apart today- last ride, the cable got munched and the seat clamp head came loose (rotating) after a crash. Super easy to fix- just put blue lock-tite on the threads and torqued it down tight. Anyway, the guts are pretty simple and the remote just opens a valve, not much to it. 5 minute fix.

So much better than the reverb I owned, which was a total fail on all fronts.