Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mtbr member
    They are nice when they work.

Tire Geek O_o

Caution;  Merge;  Workers Ahead! KS i950 adjustable Seatpost specific thread

"Pure Racing Presents KS Technology i950 series height adjustable seatpost for perfect pedaling performance whatever the terrain."

I haven't seen much out there about this seat dropper . There are a couple of threads here and there, and a lot do discussion on the general thread "adjustable seatpost".

I believe a specific thread for this adjustable seatpost (model 2010 onwards) is not a bad idea, in fact, it may be required , no only by riders which potentially want to buy this post, but also by current/past owners, to share experiences, issues, questions, solutions, tips, and such.

So I invite you all current owners to post your thoughts.

I for my self can only say, that I cant wait for mine to arrive.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails KS i950 adjustable Seatpost specific thread-i950.jpg  

KS i950 adjustable Seatpost specific thread-file_72_13.jpg  

Tire Geek O_o
    Some threads to start searching for info:

This is definitely the first source for information if you are new to the adjustable seatposts, start here:

1. "Adjustable seatpost thread"
    Adjustable Seatpost Thread

If you are already sure you want a KS i950:
    "When / where can I get a KS i950-R adjustable seatpost? "
    http://forums.mtbr.com/general-discussion/when-where-can-i-get-ks-i950-r-adjustable-seatpost-537424-5.html#post5902184

Before buying, this could be helpful.
    "KS i950 post requirements...."
    KS i950 post requirements....

T.W.O
    Quote Originally Posted by KTMDirtFace View Post
    They are nice when they work.
    Except they are game changers way worth the maintenance headache some may cause.

Tire Geek O_o
    Information is starting to flow

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    I hav e had one for 6 months, never had to touch it for maitenance. The only thing I don't like is the mounting system for the seat rails, they work and I have never had troubles I just think it is an old school design. The new 2012 ones have a simular seat post clamp system to the Thomson's which is sweet.

T.W.O.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Beater View Post
    I hav e had one for 6 months, never had to touch it for maitenance. The only thing I don't like is the mounting system for the seat rails, they work and I have never had troubles I just think it is an old school design. The new 2012 ones have a simular seat post clamp system to the Thomson's which is sweet.

While I agree that the mounting system is a bit harder to get your allen to, but I'm not a big fan of Thomson style 2 bolts either. For some reason it seem to creak more than other design.

I like the one bolt style like Maverick SB/Bontreger it's easy to adjust.

Oh, and I have my 950 for over 1 yr and so far not an issue.

mtbr member
    Have posted on the main Adjustable Seatpost thread before but there's a bit of writeup here...

http://bikes-bikes-bikes.blogspot.co...jseatpost.html
    and
    http://bikes-bikes-bikes.blogspot.co...anceks900.html

mtbr member
    Had mine over a year now, still working great Although I've overtightened one of the seatclamp bolts and I'm not looking forward to the day when I have to remove it
    Santa Cruz Blur TRc

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    Hi Guys,

Would anyone know where I can buy the colored remote kits (specifically the blue option) online? I've been trying to look for one but can't seem to be able to find an online shop selling them.

Thanks in advance for the replies bros!

Tire Geek O_o
    Quote Originally Posted by aksdman View Post
    Hi Guys,

Would anyone know where I can buy the colored remote kits (specifically the blue option) online? I've been trying to look for one but can't seem to be able to find an online shop selling them.

Thanks in advance for the replies bros!
    colored remote kits? what are those?

Tire Geek O_o
    I am wating for my KS i950 (125mm), I am 175cm high, and ride a M sized 2008 Giant Reign, reading the posts, I am wondering if I ordered the wrong lenght for me. :S

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    is ks i950 same as ks supernatural?

mtbr member

thumbs up

I love my KS i950!
    One year and going strong. Rock solid.

I used a V-brake noodle at the remote to get a cleaner cable line on my bars:

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    @Kaizer:

Thanks for the heads up bro! Will be ordering these asap.

Thanks again!

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    I've had mine for almost one full season. I've never had any issues with it...the only challenge has been figuring out the routing of the cable on my Reign 2 so that the cable didn't end up rubbing or hanging out. I have it sorted out now and am very happy with it.

mtbr member
    I just bought a ks i950r. Putting it on a new Nomad.

Does it make any difference if the cable is in the front or the back? It seems people do it both ways. Presently, I have it out the back, but it looks like it will rub the cable on the tire at full rear suspension compression.

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by flyxaos View Post

Does it make any difference if the cable is in the front or the back? It seems people do it both ways. Presently, I have it out the back, but it looks like it will rub the cable on the tire at full rear suspension compression.
    It seems to me that more often than not, you will see the cable routed up the back of the post. I have tried mine both ways, and found that despite the fact that they're supposed to be zero offset, the seat can be slid further back when the post is turned to have the cable running up the rear of the post.

There is a picture a few posts back showing a Santa Cruz with the 950 on it. It can be a bit of a hint about how to route (or at least experiment with) the cable. I had to fiddle with mine for months before I figured out a routing method that minimized the issues.... Don't be afraid to waste a few zip-ties experimenting...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by flyxaos View Post

Hey, I have the i950 on my Nomad. Cable mounted in the back.

What I did was take a plastic coaxial clip :

... and w/ Goop adhesive glued it to the upper pivot area. This limits the cable housing movement when you drop the post.

You can see it here:

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    As far as maintenance goes, use a bit of full synthetic motor oil (I use mobil-1 5W-30, same as used on my Fox fork) underneath the aluminum bushing, which is accessible by unthreading the red top cap and subsequently extending the post. Coats and clings better than slick honey, and lubricates just as well, if not better.

Tire Geek O_o
    Quote Originally Posted by angular momentum View Post
    As far as maintenance goes, use a bit of full synthetic motor oil (I use mobil-1 5W-30, same as used on my Fox fork) underneath the aluminum bushing, which is accessible by unthreading the red top cap and subsequently extending the post. Coats and clings better than slick honey, and lubricates just as well, if not better.
    angular_moment, thanks for the tip, are you experienced in maintaining the post? and or forks? we would all appreciate if you (or anyone else) could make a graphic guide step by step, is it possible?

Tire Geek O_o
    does anyone know if there are color kits for the KS i950?
    I mean I wat thinking on using gold bits on my sand colored 2008 Giant Reign, but if I do so... the red on the KS will look somewhat weird.

mtbr member
    http://www.wickedcycles.co.uk/pure-r...post-576-p.asp

uk store though, sort of expensive too, if you just getting color kit need to add shipping cost too. i couldnt find anything in us.

mtbr member

Here are my thoughts...

...on this POS!
    Naysayers never apologize. Critics go to their grave thinking everyone else is wrong.
    ╭∩╮( . )╭∩╮

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast