Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 100 of 176
  1. #1
    ronbo613
    Guest

    KS Adjustable Seatpost Maintenance

    I've had the KS i900r since it first came out. Aside from a little stiction when I first got it(fixed by removing a bit of bearing material with Scotchbrite), it has worked flawlessly. Can't imagine riding without it.
    I take care of my stuff and have done regular lubrication and maintenance on the seatpost to keep it working smoothly.



    If anyone is interested in how to take care of your KS seatpost, I've posted how to do it HERE. Plenty of photos, should be pretty easy to follow. Complete teardown and maintenance can be done in an hour or two without any special tools.

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    560
    Smashing, really nice guide

  3. #3
    T.W.O.
    Reputation: mimi1885's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    8,167
    Bookmarked, thanks Ronbo you are the man.

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    497
    Great job Ronbo. I have owned a I900 since they were first came out and recently upgraded to the I950 R. Your guide will help me keeping the post running smoothly for the years to come!

  5. #5
    ronbo613
    Guest
    I think the KS seatposts, especially since they came into the adjustable seatpost market early, have proven to be a reasonably priced, good performing piece of gear. The customer support is pretty good as well.
    Even though they are a fairly expensive piece of equipment, I think you get your money's worth. It's worth it to take care of them, especially when it's not that hard to do.

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Neily03's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    220
    Nice guide!

    In the owners manuals for my i950 as well as grease it says to add 20ml of 30wt suspension oil inside the lower tube.....

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    560
    The owners manual is out of date (even the one online, source, Rick the US distrubutor), only supposed to use slick honey (or variant) now, also you will probably find a lack of o-rings (which are mentioned in the owners manual)

    Could build on the OP great guides and make the thread the official KS thread, if someone posts weights, sizes, known issues, quick fixes, etc

  8. #8
    Underskilled
    Reputation: CaveGiant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    4,118
    nice guide
    Why would I care about 150g of bike weight, I just ate 400g of cookies while reading this?

  9. #9
    fan of maple syrup
    Reputation: nuclear_powered's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    1,581
    Awesome guide Ronbo - thanks.

    Lovin my post to bits. I kept reading folk who had adjustable posts say "Don't know how I went so long without one". Pah, I thought .... learn to position yourself better on your bike and it shouldn't matter. Boy was I wrong. So much more control on steep descents without the saddle in the way. Moving the bike from side to side on turns ... all that stuff. Plus it's seriously the only post out there with an anywhere near decent looking remote lever (got mine on the ODI lock-on Oury grips).

    Alas, it's starting to get a bit sticky after using the crap out of it, so I look forward to giving it a service with Ronbo's guide.

  10. #10
    EDR
    Reputation: eatdrinkride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    9,084
    Alas, it's starting to get a bit sticky after using the crap out of it,
    Check your cable routing/tension as well. Mine starts sticking when the cable changes position too much. It's full housing so it shouldn't matter but it does, at least on my bike. Every time it gets sticky I adjust the tension or move the long-ass cable back in place and it works again like new. ...not saying you don't need to clean/lube it though.

  11. #11
    ronbo613
    Guest
    Alas, it's starting to get a bit sticky after using the crap out of it
    If you unscrew the seatpost collar and put a gob of grease in there once in a while, you can prolong the time between full teardown servicing. The grease gets used most up on top by the collar and Du bushing.
    My seatpost was an early model, the grease KS was using was too sticky. Switching to Slickoleum made a big difference. The 8 oz. tub costs about $10 and will last a long time. I use it on my Fox forks as well.
    Check your cable routing/tension as well.
    Use a minimal number of zip ties(I have two, the seatpost cable runs under the top tube) and don't over tighten them and squeeze the cable housing. I keep a spare cable on hand because it gets ruined when the remote lever screw squashes it. Spray some silione spray down the cable housing before you install the new cable. A quick spurt of silicone spray under the seat where the remote lever pushes down on the hydraulic part of the seatpost doesn't hurt either.

  12. #12
    mtbr member
    Reputation: anvil_den's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    953
    awesome guide... now i know its safe to remover the clamp by just turning.. Was always wondering if it is was some non-removable pressed fit part that gets some play over time. Thanks.

  13. #13
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    2,929
    sweet write-up.

    on another note, does anyone know what the issue is that would cause the post to raise when lifting the bike by the saddle? I am 100% sure it is not the cable tension as it still does this when the cable is removed.

    I emailed Rick about a week and a half ago and still haven't heard back. If it isn't a signal of a bigger deal then no worries as I can live with that one flaw.

    Thanks

  14. #14
    EDR
    Reputation: eatdrinkride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    9,084
    Quote Originally Posted by mnigro
    sweet write-up.

    on another note, does anyone know what the issue is that would cause the post to raise when lifting the bike by the saddle? I am 100% sure it is not the cable tension as it still does this when the cable is removed.

    I emailed Rick about a week and a half ago and still haven't heard back. If it isn't a signal of a bigger deal then no worries as I can live with that one flaw.

    Thanks
    Someone on another thread posted Ricks response to his inquiry about the same thing. Paraphrasing here, but he said 'no big deal'. guess it's normal for some. Search around and I'm sure you can find that post.

  15. #15
    ronbo613
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by mnigro
    sweet write-up.

    on another note, does anyone know what the issue is that would cause the post to raise when lifting the bike by the saddle? I am 100% sure it is not the cable tension as it still does this when the cable is removed.

    I emailed Rick about a week and a half ago and still haven't heard back. If it isn't a signal of a bigger deal then no worries as I can live with that one flaw.

    Thanks
    My i900r didn't do it at first, but it does now. As long as it doesn't slip down, I can live with it.

  16. #16
    fan of maple syrup
    Reputation: nuclear_powered's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    1,581
    Impatient question due to being separated from my bike at the moment (at work), but is there anything special about the cable? Specifically, mine is too short and doesn't route as well as I'd like (750mm bars, Size L SC Nomad). I recently discovered that routing it the way I like most, if I turn hard left (side remote lever is on) that it pulls the cable and I slide down. Problem easily fixed by re-routing, but I don't like the path it takes and want to keep the lever on the LH grip.

    I seem to remember thinking the remote end looked like a standard shift cable, but the seatpost end had something that slipped into the little lever? Maybe it was grub-screwed on - I can't remember.

    Anyone replaced their cable with a longer one?

  17. #17
    Underskilled
    Reputation: CaveGiant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    4,118
    I don't know as i never bought the normal cable.

    I used a 3 speed speed cable and outer/vbrake to move it. works fine.
    Why would I care about 150g of bike weight, I just ate 400g of cookies while reading this?

  18. #18
    ronbo613
    Guest
    Anyone replaced their cable with a longer one?
    It's a standard cable setup with a universal end on the internal cable. You can use regular cable housing that you can get at your local bike shop or opt for the higher tech "lined" cable housings that may work a little smoother and cost a bit more.
    You really need a bike cable cutter to cut cables and cable housings. If you don't have one, have the bike shop cut it. Standard wire cutters do not work very well.

  19. #19
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Neily03's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    220
    How often are you guys doing a full a strip down on these? Is it a case of waiting until it starts to get sluggish or do you do it every month or two?

    Only done about 8 hours riding on mine so far but want to keep on top of the maintenance....

  20. #20
    ronbo613
    Guest
    I ride a lot, mainly in dusty and muddy conditions. I try to wipe the dirt and mud off it after riding and usually unscrew the collar and grease it every couple weeks or so, the complete strip down twice a year. The Slickolem/Slick Honey grease really does a good job and the post workings are actually sealed pretty well.

  21. #21
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Neily03's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    220
    Cool, that's a lot less frequent than I was expecting.

  22. #22
    just ride
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    643
    Thank you for sharing!

    I've had mine since Nov 2010 and it's been great since the day I got it. No side-to-side click/play, roughness or getting stuck! I almost have to relearn how to descend without this adjustable post.

    I did however, covered mine with the inner tube since I dont want to get the stancion all scratched up.


  23. #23
    mtbr member
    Reputation: boxedrn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    143
    thank you!!

  24. #24
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    691
    Quote Originally Posted by Tjay
    Thank you for sharing!

    I've had mine since Nov 2010 and it's been great since the day I got it. No side-to-side click/play, roughness or getting stuck! I almost have to relearn how to descend without this adjustable post.

    I did however, covered mine with the inner tube since I dont want to get the stancion all scratched up.

    That's a great idea! I love cheap and effective quick fixes - what size post and tube are you using in that setup?

  25. #25
    just ride
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    643
    I used 1.5 inner tube.

  26. #26
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    155
    i'm having a problem with my i950r... when on full extension when I seat on the saddle the seatpost drop halfway but when if I tried not putting weight on the saddle it shots back up... and it bounce when I'm seating like I'm on springs... can someone shed a light on my problem. I've only had it for not more than 2 months.

    I only use the brake, so I can accelerate all over again...
    ..:: www.THELOBBY09.com ::..

  27. #27
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    155
    here's a video of my problem.. checked the cable no slack or what so ever.

    <iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/PDET6I0RCSU?hd=1" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

    I only use the brake, so I can accelerate all over again...
    ..:: www.THELOBBY09.com ::..

  28. #28
    mtbr member
    Reputation: anvil_den's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    953
    Check the red collar is locked down properly and take the post out and check if the hex nut at the bottom has loosened. If this 2 are done and still problem appear--its probably the internals and have it sent back to be checked.

    Nice inked sleeve

  29. #29
    mtbr member
    Reputation: anvil_den's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    953

    Looks Neat

    Quote Originally Posted by Chromagftw
    That's a great idea! I love cheap and effective quick fixes - what size post and tube are you using in that setup?
    Was tempted to try but didnt have any suitable size tubbies lying around then...
    Any resistance when moving it down?

  30. #30
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by marcryan27
    i'm having a problem with my i950r... when on full extension when I seat on the saddle the seatpost drop halfway but when if I tried not putting weight on the saddle it shots back up... and it bounce when I'm seating like I'm on springs... can someone shed a light on my problem. I've only had it for not more than 2 months.
    I am having the same problem. I have used my post for only 4 rides and it is now starting to drop about 0.5" (much less than yours). I can easily push down on the seat and watch it go down ~0.5" when its fully extended. This drives me crazy on my last ride. It did not do this on the first few rides so I think the problem is going to get worse.

    Anyone have any advice on how to fix this?? I don't want a pogo stick seat post!! I want the bike suspension to cushion the bumps, not the post!

    Thanks!
    Chris

  31. #31
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    6
    Very useful share

  32. #32
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    65
    Actually, there is one further step before the post is "fully" dissassembled. From the guide mentioned above, you can see that the inside pipe has a "plunger" inside it (the smaller diameter rod that sticks out the end of the inside shaft). Another useful tidbit of info is that if you know where to look, it is also possible to repressurise the Kindshock at home, allowing you to customise its return speed.

    While our directions are not as clear, or the pics as comprehensive as the excellent guide referred to above, they do prove that the post is completely rebuildable and able to be repressurised at home. (text and pics below cross-posted at: KS i900 FIXED. It is FULLY rebuildable at home.- Mtbr.com

    KS i900 FIXED. It is FULLY rebuildable at home.

    Number 1 son and I pulled the KS i900 apart the other day - and we mean A-P-A-R-T. Separated all 3 pipes (actually 2 are pipes, the other is a "plunger" rod).

    The original motivation was to replace the stupid roller bearing under the red coller (that doesn't roll, as the shaft moves perpendicular to the rollers - der!). Much better to put a brass bushing in there - so out comes the lathe. New bushing in - BUT - 3 hrs of trying to reassemble the inner shafts, spraying oil all over kitchen ceiling, just cannot get it together.

    Then, someone called "PsyCro" over on this thread:

    mentions that he has seen a tiny pin-hole inside one of the indents used to turn an alloy sealing cap. We check it out, and THIS IS THE SECRET!

    Sorry for the lack of step-by-step pics - but we were so excited to get it back together (and so oily) that we just kept going, and don't really feel like pulling it apart again right now. We have labelled the pics as best we could - hope these are helpful.

    Do not listen to those who say the KS i900 is not user serviceable - it is. Works better than it ever did new now that it has a proper bushing, AND we can now tailor the speed of the seat raise because now we know where to pump the air!

    Major props to PsyCro for pointing out the pin-hole - we would never have seen it.

    Directions as follows:
    1. put the circlip into the top of the "middle" tube (the one the seat eventually clamps into)
    2. put the "plunger" into the middle tube and place it at its most extended position. Put the black ring with it's inner and outer o-rings on the outside of this shaft and the alloy cap with the hole in it over the plunger.
    3. fill the middle tube (the one with the plunger in it) to the very top with 5wt oil.
    4. place the alloy cap that buts up against the circlip into the top of the shaft filled with oil, this will seal this chamber.
    5. slide this assembly into the main shaft untill the alloy cap has pushed up against the circlip.
    6. do up the silver alloy cap that has the pinhole in it.
    7. to pressurize the chamber, be imaginative. I used a compressor tip for inflating soccer balls, wrapped some tape around it to seal, and jammed it in the indent with the pin-hole. We put about 120psi in (with the shock pump) but I'm not entirely sure, put in enough so the shaft extends by itself when you press the button on the top cap. (the one near the circlip)
    8. put the rest of the post back together, bearings, lube etc.

    Sorry for the lack of pics, we tried to label things as best we could.
    Now go tear 'em apart! What do you reckon?
    Attached Files Attached Files

  33. #33
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    65

    2 possible reasons for the seat lifting up (but could be others too)

    I have encountered 2 things that can cause the seat to lift if you pull up on it:

    (i) Where the top alloy seat clamp screws into the top of the shaft, you can see where the lever actuates a "pin". That pin is actually a valve that allows oil and air to move from one chamber to another. If that valve is not completely closing, then your seat can lift up,

    (ii) If, for some reason (say a leaky O ring) you have lost some oil from the innermost pipe, then you will not have the correct oil/air ratio to move between the chambers, and that will mean you cannot get a proper "fluid lock" when the lever is released. In other words, air can compress easier than oil, so if the amount of oil is not right, and there is a bit of air in the chamber that should be completely filled with oil, then your seat can lift up.

    The first problem can be solved by checking the operation of the valve in the top of the post. The second problem requires a complete pull-down, and the inner plunger to be removed from the inside shaft, the correct amount of oil put in, and the chamber repressurised. This is a much bigger job, but it is still possible to do at home with a few basic tools.
    Last edited by checkpoint22; 06-03-2011 at 06:02 AM. Reason: spelling

  34. #34
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    65
    Quote Originally Posted by marcryan27 View Post
    i'm having a problem with my i950r... when on full extension when I seat on the saddle the seatpost drop halfway but when if I tried not putting weight on the saddle it shots back up... and it bounce when I'm seating like I'm on springs... can someone shed a light on my problem. I've only had it for not more than 2 months.
    This sounds as though the actuator pin that moves the internal valve to let oil and air move from one chamber to another is stuck in the "open" position.

    Check that your lever is fully releasing, and not binding, other wise the internal valve could still be open just a little (it doesn't take much). If the lever is okay, and the valve is sticking on its own, then a complete dissassemble might be required (see post below with the 2 .pdf pics).

  35. #35
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1
    hoi checkpoint 22,thanks for your explenation about the i900 i had the problem that when i sit on the seat the post goes down for 3 cm and when i lift my bud he cames right back up.my only problem was that i can get off the top of the main shaft (where the seat is on)so i have to drill a bleeder hole into this top
    so that the air can get out when i put everything toghether and now he works perfectly

  36. #36
    Undercaffienated
    Reputation: hmorsi's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    301
    I am trying to take my KSi950 apart to service it. No matter what I do I cannot take the end cap at the bottom off (clamped in a strap wrench and using needle nose pliers as per the manual, no joy). It just seems to be seized in. It is aluminum and attempting to force it will tear it apart. Any tips?

  37. #37
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    497
    Quote Originally Posted by hmorsi View Post
    I am trying to take my KSi950 apart to service it. No matter what I do I cannot take the end cap at the bottom off (clamped in a strap wrench and using needle nose pliers as per the manual, no joy). It just seems to be seized in. It is aluminum and attempting to force it will tear it apart. Any tips?
    You don't need to. Just undo the blue nut and pull everything from the top!

  38. #38
    Undercaffienated
    Reputation: hmorsi's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    301
    Quote Originally Posted by nightnerd View Post
    You don't need to. Just undo the blue nut and pull everything from the top!
    Thank you for the tip! I was following the instructions in the manual and when I couldn't unscrew the end cap out, I actually tried pulling it from the top and it wouldn't easily come out, so didn't want to force it. Needed a good pull.

  39. #39
    mtbr member
    Reputation: client_9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    829

    Nevermind ... got it loose

    Solution - inserted allen wrench into shaft to hold it so it would not spin.

    Hey,
    When I try to remove this nut :

    it just spins with the shaft and washer. Anyone else have this problem?
    I even tried a little impact drive.

    frustrated.
    Last edited by client_9; 07-22-2011 at 08:09 AM.

  40. #40
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    8
    checkpoint22, thanks for a guide. I've just finished rebuilding my i900 (it had some issues with air in oil chamber).

    I've assembled it in a little bit different way and done few picture, so I'll try to describe the process step by step.



    Hold the assembly with some rag (wrap it entirely) and put your safety glasses/riding goggles on when unscrewing an alloy nut (using o-ring pliers), because it's going to pop pretty hard when the nut come out. Be careful not to kill yourself, not to scratch a shaft or other parts and not to mess your interior with oil



    Clean everything using some parts cleaner (manufacturers usually recommends isopropyl alcohol). Then lubricate rubber seals with 5w suspension oil.



    Put few milliliters of 5w oil in the biggest tube holding it upside down. Pump a lever few times, then while pressing a lever insert the black piston until it holds in place at the bottom. (There's no problem with oil in air chamber, it will work fine, but even small amount of air in oil chamber will cause seatpost to sag, so it would be better to fill everything nicely here). Try not to scratch anything because it will cause leaks.



    Put the mid size tube in until it holds in place. Then fill it with oil to the top.



    While holding a lever pressed, insert the piston with alloy nut on it. No reason to push it entirely right now. Then just screw the alloy nut with o-ring pliers.



    Initial pressure in my post were about 150 psi but 120 also seems to work fine. So pressurize it with shock pump and ball needle with few windings of duct tape.

    And it's so simple. But please be cautious because it is high pressure inside.
    P. S.: Need to say that I haven't tested it on trails yet but at home it works just fine
    Last edited by zazzique; 07-31-2011 at 01:09 PM.

  41. #41
    mtbr member
    Reputation: crazyjeys's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    169
    i've been using the i950r for about 2 months now. i'm having two problems on the post. first one is, on full compressed, when you hit the switch to extend the post, the post will not go fully extended. it will stop about 1/2 an inch to 3/4 inch before full extension. a bit of slickoleum in the collar will cure the problem but will just be enough (or sometimes not) for one ride. do i have to put slickoleum every time i ride? second problem is, the switch gets stuck. when you press the switch, it does not lock back to the original position. so the post compresses again when you sit down. i still have to manually push back the switch for it to lock in that position. i've sprayed silicone on the switch, the cables and the actuator lever but had no luck.

    is this a sign that i need to service my post already?

  42. #42
    #THELEGEND
    Reputation: Guy.Ford's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    1,450
    Don't really have any repair wisdom to share but thought this may interest you KS fanboys. I know I'm very interested.

    http://forums.mtbr.com/showpost.php?p=830380&postcount=1778

    Guy Ford
    Last edited by Guy.Ford; 08-02-2011 at 03:50 PM.
    #THELEGEND
    2016 RSD Mayor

  43. #43
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    64
    Quote Originally Posted by crazyjeys View Post
    i've been using the i950r for about 2 months now. i'm having two problems on the post. first one is, on full compressed, when you hit the switch to extend the post, the post will not go fully extended. it will stop about 1/2 an inch to 3/4 inch before full extension. a bit of slickoleum in the collar will cure the problem but will just be enough (or sometimes not) for one ride. do i have to put slickoleum every time i ride? second problem is, the switch gets stuck. when you press the switch, it does not lock back to the original position. so the post compresses again when you sit down. i still have to manually push back the switch for it to lock in that position. i've sprayed silicone on the switch, the cables and the actuator lever but had no luck.

    is this a sign that i need to service my post already?
    Try backing off your seatpost collar tightness a little, sounds like it's binding a little from being compressed too much. I had similar issues with my post and my wifes, more noticable with the remote version because you're not helping it back up. backing off the collar a bit made me think the post would move, but no issues with either so far.

  44. #44
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    2,929
    Crazyjays, try the above advice and also loosen the torque on the remote clamp. I get issues like that if I tighten it too much.

    Second thing, I service my bike, forks, etc. but this seems like a LOT of work. How much time and money is it to send the post into KS for a factory rebuild?

  45. #45
    mtbr member
    Reputation: crazyjeys's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    169
    dmorgs4: i tried backing off the collar a bit on the last few rides but did not have any luck either. any other suggestions?

    mnigro: i'll try to loosed up the bolt on the remote clamp.

    i second that question, how much would it cost for a factory rebuild on KS?

  46. #46
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by crazyjeys View Post
    i've been using the i950r for about 2 months now. i'm having two problems on the post. first one is, on full compressed, when you hit the switch to extend the post, the post will not go fully extended. it will stop about 1/2 an inch to 3/4 inch before full extension. a bit of slickoleum in the collar will cure the problem but will just be enough (or sometimes not) for one ride. do i have to put slickoleum every time i ride? second problem is, the switch gets stuck. when you press the switch, it does not lock back to the original position. so the post compresses again when you sit down. i still have to manually push back the switch for it to lock in that position. i've sprayed silicone on the switch, the cables and the actuator lever but had no luck.

    is this a sign that i need to service my post already?
    Try to add some pressure to that tiny little hole. Maybe it would help.

  47. #47
    mtbr member
    Reputation: crazyjeys's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    169


    cannot seem to remove the nut and washer from the bottom of the post. if i turn the nut with a socket, it unscrews together with the end cap but i cannot separate the end cap and the nut. any help please?

  48. #48
    Ninja Master Powers
    Reputation: DWill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    516
    Quote Originally Posted by crazyjeys View Post


    cannot seem to remove the nut and washer from the bottom of the post. if i turn the nut with a socket, it unscrews together with the end cap but i cannot separate the end cap and the nut. any help please?
    Yep, I had the same exact problem.

  49. #49
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    2,929
    Quote Originally Posted by DWill View Post
    Yep, I had the same exact problem.
    It was mentioned above, insert an Allen wrench into one of the holes in the end cap to prevent it from spinning. Could probably use lockring pliers as well.

  50. #50
    TranceX Rider
    Reputation: Onie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    951
    Quick question since i haven't gotten time to peruse other posts...

    My post extends when you lift up if it's in a dropped position. Is that normal? Something wrong with my post or it needs servicing already. Cuz if i remember it right when it was still new (~5mos back) it didn't exhibit such...

    Thanks in advance!
    Quote Originally Posted by jcatienza
    There was no need to scare potential buyers and burn bridges "buddy"
    Tell me now, what's Product testing all bout then?

  51. #51
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    2,929
    Quote Originally Posted by Onie View Post
    Quick question since i haven't gotten time to peruse other posts...

    My post extends when you lift up if it's in a dropped position. Is that normal? Something wrong with my post or it needs servicing already. Cuz if i remember it right when it was still new (~5mos back) it didn't exhibit such...

    Thanks in advance!
    mine does the same thing and I've read about others doing it too. don't think it is supposed to d that but it appears to be fairly common. i emailed rick about it but never heard back from him. my thoughts are that these things are selling well enough that they need more than one guy handling warranty issues / in inquiries.

  52. #52
    TranceX Rider
    Reputation: Onie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    951
    It's not supposed to be like that since the start it didn't exhibit such thing. Well, at least, it's not going down on its own when ridden. I'm sorry to hear about that guy. They should really look into expanding their staff so they can get back at matters like these.
    Quote Originally Posted by jcatienza
    There was no need to scare potential buyers and burn bridges "buddy"
    Tell me now, what's Product testing all bout then?

  53. #53
    Undercaffienated
    Reputation: hmorsi's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    301
    Quote Originally Posted by Onie View Post
    Quick question since i haven't gotten time to peruse other posts...

    My post extends when you lift up if it's in a dropped position. Is that normal? Something wrong with my post or it needs servicing already. Cuz if i remember it right when it was still new (~5mos back) it didn't exhibit such...

    Thanks in advance!
    I think this is a common issue with KS posts (and others, I suspect?). Mine did not do it out of the box, but now extends about 3/4 of an inch when I pull the bike up by the saddle. I just did the periodic clean-up, maintenance and greasing and now it doesn't extend when doing that, but I think it's only a matter of time.

    Other than that, solid piece of kit. Doesn't like the mud too much though (remedied by fashioning a seatpost "condom" with plastic wrap/old inner tube around the clamp area where the little arm presses down on the actuation mechanism...this is where the muck renders the actuation mechanism useless).

  54. #54
    TranceX Rider
    Reputation: Onie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    951
    I've got a DIY contraption as well to ward off mud & stuff... but could you kindly post pics of your version... who knows yours much better... Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by jcatienza
    There was no need to scare potential buyers and burn bridges "buddy"
    Tell me now, what's Product testing all bout then?

  55. #55
    Undercaffienated
    Reputation: hmorsi's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    301
    Quote Originally Posted by Onie View Post
    I've got a DIY contraption as well to ward off mud & stuff... but could you kindly post pics of your version... who knows yours much better... Thanks!
    I have taken it off to do work on the post, but here is a picture that shows most of it. I can try to take better pictures when I get home tonight.



    So it's basically a section of inner tube stretched over the post. It is roomy enough to allow the post to compress and extend unhindered. The inner tube goes all the way to the lower part of the collar, with a small vertical cut cut where the little red actuation arm is. I add some plastic wrap around the arm on the top part of the seatpost collar to prevent the mud from getting where the actuation mechanism is. The upper seatpost is also protected from scratches by the inner tube.

    Here it is in the extended position (sans the plastic wrap bit).

    Looks ugly but works fairly well.

  56. #56
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    39
    KS Condom.. looks like a good idea to help keep the muck out!
    Nice innovation hmorsi
    .

  57. #57
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    305
    My KSi900r has just started moving up and down a centimetre or so when I sit on it in the locked position. It seems to do it at full extension, but not so much when it is compressed. I've just undone the locking collar and cleaned and re-greased, but the problem remains. Cable tension appears fine. Do I need to do a full trip down?

  58. #58
    catracho in aztecaland
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    147
    Quote Originally Posted by dreednya View Post
    My KSi900r has just started moving up and down a centimetre or so when I sit on it in the locked position. It seems to do it at full extension, but not so much when it is compressed. I've just undone the locking collar and cleaned and re-greased, but the problem remains. Cable tension appears fine. Do I need to do a full trip down?
    dreednya I would send it back for a rebuild. Mine had the same issue and was not fixed by overhauling it. Apparently is a seal inside going wrong.

    Don't waste more time.

    P

  59. #59
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    305
    Thanks pabloquintana. I'll do that today.

    It is not too much of a pain, but on long AM rides with a lot of climbing my knees do start to ache towards the end.

  60. #60
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    36
    Quote Originally Posted by client_9 View Post
    Solution - inserted allen wrench into shaft to hold it so it would not spin.

    Hey,
    When I try to remove this nut :

    it just spins with the shaft and washer. Anyone else have this problem?
    I even tried a little impact drive.

    frustrated.
    This is the second i900r second post I've had, and I haven't been able to undo the red washer on either one. The first post was collapsing right out of the box. Any attempts to undo the red washer by me or the LBS failed. It was sent back and rebuilt or replaced. That solved the collapsing problem, but a couple of months later the second post has started to stop short of expanding completely. I've got a strap wrench and lockring pliers but it wont move. The first post resisted a vise and two blokes working together. IMO this is way too difficult for a procedure which should be routine user maintenance.

    Any ideas for an alternative approach?

  61. #61
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    497
    The red washer does not need to be removed. Only the blue nut does. Just undo the blue nut, unscrew the top collar and push/pull out the shaft from the top.

  62. #62
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    36
    Quote Originally Posted by nightnerd View Post
    The red washer does not need to be removed. Only the blue nut does. Just undo the blue nut, unscrew the top collar and push/pull out the shaft from the top.
    +1 rep for you, thanks mate. I must admit I read the reference to this earlier but didn't connect the dots until you explained it just for me. I guess I fall into the special category.

    Just lubing up the inner post didn't work for me, in fact the post stops a full inch short now. I used super slick grease which is what I got from the enduro guys for my fork. Should still be okay for this application though?

    Will do a full strip down and re-pressurize the post later to see if that improves things.

  63. #63
    catracho in aztecaland
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    147
    Quote Originally Posted by pabloquintana View Post
    Mine had the same issue and was not fixed by overhauling it. Apparently is a seal inside going wrong.
    Update: The post came back finally. Installed it today, and looks solid. Let's see if the KS guys fixed it with some new parts. Despite that I feel much more comfortable now that it is possible to overhaul it at home.

    Update 2: The post is dead again after 2 hours of riding and a small 2 foot drop where I happened to hit the seat. Full rebuild on its way. Does any one know if thicker oil like 10W or 15W can make a difference as of how much force will make air to go into oil chamber?
    Last edited by pabloquintana; 09-18-2011 at 06:44 PM.

  64. #64
    TranceX Rider
    Reputation: Onie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    951
    thanks for the pics, mate! I wonder if this is a good option too...?
    Quote Originally Posted by jcatienza
    There was no need to scare potential buyers and burn bridges "buddy"
    Tell me now, what's Product testing all bout then?

  65. #65
    catracho in aztecaland
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    147
    Quote Originally Posted by zazzique View Post
    checkpoint22, thanks for a guide. I've just finished rebuilding my i900 (it had some issues with air in oil chamber).

    P. S.: Need to say that I haven't tested it on trails yet but at home it works just fine
    Hey zazzique, can you share an update after your rebuild? Did it work ok?

  66. #66
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by pabloquintana View Post
    Hey zazzique, can you share an update after your rebuild? Did it work ok?
    It works ok, but I had to add some more pressure, probably because my brass guides are bent or scratched and sometimes it didn't reach full extension by third of inch or so.

  67. #67
    catracho in aztecaland
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    147
    Quote Originally Posted by zazzique View Post
    It works ok, but I had to add some more pressure, probably because my brass guides are bent or scratched and sometimes it didn't reach full extension by third of inch or so.
    Do you have an idea of what causes the air to get past the piston into the oil chamber?

    I suspect is with hits some how the piston moves.

    Any thoughts?

  68. #68
    catracho in aztecaland
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    147
    Want to share my experience with rebuilding the post.

    Got it apart and a loud pop occurred after finishing un-threading the silver cap! The oil came out and I was able to see the whole thingy inside.

    After cleaning everything I put some 10W suspension fluid in there and pressurized the post with a soccer ball inflator adapter. Worked like a charm!

    The post looks good again, but I am wondering if adding less air pressure will prevent the air to sneak through the seals. I know the price to pay is the extension speed or even the extension length of the post. Both things I can live with.

    If that doesn't fix the issue, Rick Taylor said it could be a tolerance issue with the seals and the IFP (not sure what IFP is but it has to be the outer or inner tube). In that case I will try changing the o-rings to get tighter fit between the tubes and the piston.

    Will report back, but let me know if someone else has tried any of these things to prevent air leaking the piston to the oil chamber.

    Happy riding.

    P

  69. #69
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by pabloquintana View Post
    Want to share my experience with rebuilding the post.

    Got it apart and a loud pop occurred after finishing un-threading the silver cap! The oil came out and I was able to see the whole thingy inside.

    After cleaning everything I put some 10W suspension fluid in there and pressurized the post with a soccer ball inflator adapter. Worked like a charm!

    The post looks good again, but I am wondering if adding less air pressure will prevent the air to sneak through the seals. I know the price to pay is the extension speed or even the extension length of the post. Both things I can live with.

    If that doesn't fix the issue, Rick Taylor said it could be a tolerance issue with the seals and the IFP (not sure what IFP is but it has to be the outer or inner tube). In that case I will try changing the o-rings to get tighter fit between the tubes and the piston.

    Will report back, but let me know if someone else has tried any of these things to prevent air leaking the piston to the oil chamber.

    Happy riding.

    P
    I think it's not air from air chamber because pressures in both chambers are theoretically even (Because of floating piston. And so pressure doesn't matter). Maybe this air came through upper valve, when seatpost was pulled out by hand and vacuum in chamber sucked some air from outside.

  70. #70
    catracho in aztecaland
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    147
    Quote Originally Posted by zazzique View Post
    I think it's not air from air chamber because pressures in both chambers are theoretically even (Because of floating piston. And so pressure doesn't matter). Maybe this air came through upper valve, when seatpost was pulled out by hand and vacuum in chamber sucked some air from outside.
    Zazzique, good observation. There is a moment of pressure imbalance where the air chamber is higher than the oil chamber: when the lever is actuated after compressing the post. If the force required to expand the shaft is higher (like sitting down) than the piston force exerted by the compressed air, then a leak in the piston seals will cause air to get past into the oil.

    I would like to check for leaks in the upper valve. Any ideas?

    P
    Last edited by pabloquintana; 09-20-2011 at 01:48 PM.

  71. #71
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by pabloquintana View Post
    Zazzique, good observation. There is a moment of pressure imbalance where the air chamber is higher than the oil chamber: when the lever is actuated after compressing the post. If the force required to expand the shaft is higher (like sitting down) than the piston force exerted by the compressed air, then a leak in the piston seals will cause air to get past into the oil.

    I would like to check for leaks in the upper valve. Any ideas?

    P
    I don't know how to test it for leaks without need of reassembly. Maybe if you got this issue by hitting a seat the problem indeed is in floating piston o-rings rather then valve.

  72. #72
    catracho in aztecaland
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    147

    ... and if we just ... Reporting back #1

    Here is my report after having overhauled the post and added less air pressure and having used a 10W suspension oil, instead of the recommended 2.5W.

    Bummer! The post started sagging again after 2 hours riding.

    I opened the chamber and found that the IFP (Internal Floating Piston?) has some scratch marks, just like the larger chamber internal surface. Relating to Rick's email, where he said that the IFP might have tolerance issues, I decided to look closer.

    Check the attached images.

    The IFP with scratch marks.pdf

    So, what I will do next is to try to reduce the size of that outer diameter, so there is no interference between the IFP outer surface and the internal surface of the chamber. I guess this will let the o-ring to actually do his work preventing air leaks.

    I hope the chamber surface is not scratched enough to prevent seal from the piston.

    Will report back.

    P

  73. #73
    mtbr member
    Reputation: brankulo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    1,421
    after 1 hr of riding my new i950 r it stopped working. not sure what happened as it was after i lowered if after climb. now it will not hold the position. it will always extend all the way up, and when i put pressure on it it would go all the way down. it is not cable problem as i detached cable ant it would still act the same. is this something that rebuilding using guide from post#1 will fix or do i need to send it to ks?
    or is there something else i could do to fix?

  74. #74
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    8
    It's better to contact KS if it's under warranty.

  75. #75
    mtbr member
    Reputation: brankulo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    1,421
    i contacted rick, he had me send it over. didnt want to miss next weekends ride thats why i was asking if i could fix it myself. any idea how long does the process take usually?

  76. #76
    catracho in aztecaland
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    147
    Quote Originally Posted by brankulo View Post
    after 1 hr of riding my new i950 r it stopped working. not sure what happened as it was after i lowered if after climb. now it will not hold the position. it will always extend all the way up, and when i put pressure on it it would go all the way down. it is not cable problem as i detached cable ant it would still act the same. is this something that rebuilding using guide from post#1 will fix or do i need to send it to ks?
    or is there something else i could do to fix?
    Dear brankulo, you've just been victim of the poor quality the KS Products have. The post has gotten air in the oil chamber, resulting from poor tolerance in the Floating Piston.

    I my self have been affected too. I suggest you send the post back, and make sure they replace the internals, and not just put it back together as it will fail again. Make sure they confirm that to you.

    G'luck!

    P

  77. #77
    mtbr member
    Reputation: brankulo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    1,421
    i emailed rick and asked him to replace internals on my post. will see what he comes back with.
    i did whole bunch of research before i decided which post and ks seemed to have less negative comments here than reverb which i was also considering. i new from posts though that with ks it is hit or miss. i was ready for that but it still ruined my day.

    pablo, just curious, how did you end up with your post? i see it came back from rick with same issue. are you trying to fix it yourself now?
    Last edited by brankulo; 10-09-2011 at 05:41 PM.

  78. #78
    catracho in aztecaland
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    147
    Quote Originally Posted by brankulo View Post
    pablo, just curious, how did you end up with your post? i see it came back from rick with same issue. are you trying to fix it yourself now?
    I live in Mexico, so I tried sending it once and took like 6 weeks to come back. So yes, I am trying to fix it now. New seals arrive on monday so I will give it another try, as Rick said the issue is with the IFP crush tolerance. Hope you can get yours straighten out.

  79. #79
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    29
    I have a small issue with my I900. The lever isn't very smooth, like there is a bit of dirt in around the lever base. I'm not sure if I undo the allen nut which holds the lever on, will it spring apart? is it all under some tension?

  80. #80
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Dr Wankel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    345
    Quote Originally Posted by peterpiper View Post
    I have a small issue with my I900. The lever isn't very smooth, like there is a bit of dirt in around the lever base. I'm not sure if I undo the allen nut which holds the lever on, will it spring apart? is it all under some tension?
    Try loosening the clamp set screw a little bit (1/4 - 1/2 turn) I had the same issues with mine when I installed it the first time. The lever was smooth and quick until I installed it on the bars and then it was sticky. For some reason the whole thing binds a little bit if the clamp is too tight.

  81. #81
    catracho in aztecaland
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    147
    Quote Originally Posted by peterpiper View Post
    I have a small issue with my I900. The lever isn't very smooth, like there is a bit of dirt in around the lever base. I'm not sure if I undo the allen nut which holds the lever on, will it spring apart? is it all under some tension?
    I guess you mean the seatpost lever not the remote control. If that is the case, I don't think is under any spring tension. What is tensioned is the small button the lever presses to actuate a valve inside the post. G'luck.

  82. #82
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    29
    Thanks, yeah its the lever under the saddle not the remote lever. Cheers guys..

  83. #83
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    544
    @ Zazzique -
    Hello there! I saw you post regarding the repair of the KS dropper seatpost. First of all, I would like to tell you the problem on mine. When it is set high, It goes down for about an inch when I sit on it and goes back to its original position when I remove any pressure. With this, which step would solve this problem? Should I just add air pressure on the piston?or should I open EVERYTHING and put oil on the necessary spots.I hope you can help me on this one.

  84. #84
    catracho in aztecaland
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    147
    Quote Originally Posted by LGavin View Post
    @ Zazzique -
    Hello there! I saw you post regarding the repair of the KS dropper seatpost. First of all, I would like to tell you the problem on mine. When it is set high, It goes down for about an inch when I sit on it and goes back to its original position when I remove any pressure. With this, which step would solve this problem? Should I just add air pressure on the piston?or should I open EVERYTHING and put oil on the necessary spots.I hope you can help me on this one.
    Hey LGavin, it seems is air passed through the piston seals. You'd need to open and the whole overhaul process. Please beware that the contents are under pressure! What I've done is to unscrew the cap a few turns and let the air/oil escape slowly over a couple of hours until there is little pressure and the blowoff is leas when fully opened.

    Take into account that if it happened once, it will happen again. If you still have warranty send it back and have the internals changed.

    Cheers.

    P

  85. #85
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    544
    @Pabloquintana

    Thank you for the response! I appreciate it. One question though, can i just live with this problem because the sag is not that big and it does not affect my pedalling at all. Or should I act now because it will eventually get worst and will sag all the way down?

    Another problem just occured yesterday after a muddy ride is that when I press the lever, the circle "switch" I don know the exact term will stick down and which means the mechanism will stay open! I suppose its because of the mud or water that hit it which caused stiction or obstruction on the sidewall of the ball. I have pressured it with water, applied lube on it but it still stays down. I also applied silicone spray but there was no effect. I removed my seatclamp to have a bird's eye view of the ball, it looks clean though. Im afraid the mud was pushed all the way down?

    Last concern, if you said that its just air leakage from the inside, would putting air pressure again from the valve not solve the sagging issue? Or I should really open everything up and reapply putting oil, close it again and apply air pressure from the shock pump?

    Did this happen to you before? When you say that it will return again and my post is no longer under warranty, do you mean I will be obliged to open it once in a while?

    Thank you and I hope you can help me on these.
    Last edited by LGavin; 11-03-2011 at 07:57 PM.

  86. #86
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    544
    Ok so i opened my post today and reassembled it. My question is where do you put the oil? and how much should I put? My mechanic said to put at least half on the biggest tube before putting the floating piston? am I right?That's where i only put the oil. I did not apply anything on the medium sized rod and smallest sized rod with the plunger. Is this correct?

  87. #87
    mtbr member
    Reputation: tmc1171's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    123
    subscribed

  88. #88
    catracho in aztecaland
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    147
    Quote Originally Posted by LGavin View Post
    Ok so i opened my post today and reassembled it. My question is where do you put the oil? and how much should I put? My mechanic said to put at least half on the biggest tube before putting the floating piston? am I right?That's where i only put the oil. I did not apply anything on the medium sized rod and smallest sized rod with the plunger. Is this correct?
    The instructions posted by zazzique expolian clearly how to put it back. Check 'em here.

    P

  89. #89
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    544
    By the way PAOLO, hows your seatpost now? Have you finally got your new piston? Did it stop the leaking issue? My floating piston has no scratch or anything. Is it true that low air pressure will avoid air leakage and the only trade off is the extension length? I too can live with that!

  90. #90
    catracho in aztecaland
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    147
    Quote Originally Posted by LGavin View Post
    By the way PAOLO, hows your seatpost now? Have you finally got your new piston? Did it stop the leaking issue? My floating piston has no scratch or anything. Is it true that low air pressure will avoid air leakage and the only trade off is the extension length? I too can live with that!
    Well L Gavin, I kinda given up on the post. I am receiving a new bike with a Specialized Command Post and stopped trying to fix it. I had no luck with less air, so don't go there.The issue I believe is with the crushing tolerance for the piston, and these guys at KS are not really backing up their products. I know you're stucked now, but I would go with another post now. The Giant one seems pretty solid. Should try it.

    Regards man.

    P

  91. #91
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    544
    Thank you Pablo, since this crap is kinda hopeless already, Are there any tricks to prolong its life until the sagging issue happens again? What i am thinking of is to use it only if it is really needed. Otherwise, just let it stay up all the time. And would avoiding the pulling of the seatpost up help minimize the risk of the sagging issue. I hope so.=)

  92. #92
    catracho in aztecaland
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    147
    Quote Originally Posted by LGavin View Post
    Thank you Pablo, since this crap is kinda hopeless already, Are there any tricks to prolong its life until the sagging issue happens again? What i am thinking of is to use it only if it is really needed. Otherwise, just let it stay up all the time. And would avoiding the pulling of the seatpost up help minimize the risk of the sagging issue. I hope so.=)
    Try it again, probably change the seals. You can easily find them as Quad Rings Q113 and Q114 if I remember correctly. Maybe tolerance is better on the new ones for the piston. I don't think the pulling does anything to the post. Good luck my friend.

    P

  93. #93
    mtbr member
    Reputation: brankulo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    1,421
    mine came back from rick after 3 weeks with no explanation as to what was wrong and what he did to fix it. had 2 shorter rides on it since, so far it is holding up.

  94. #94
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    544
    Are those rings you are referring to are the O rings? Don't you think I should change the floating piston? Does anybody know where can I get one?

  95. #95
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    43
    Awesome post. I will be doing this very soon.

  96. #96
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    544
    brankulo, what was the problem of your seatpost before?

  97. #97
    mtbr member
    Reputation: brankulo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    1,421
    it turned into suspension post.

  98. #98
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    28
    My post has about 1/2" up/down "suspension" in it at full extension,
    It will also extend if you grab the seat and over a long rough section the post will slowly rise from a lowered position.
    It's not annoying me badly enough to send it off yet, but once winter really sets in I'll be sending it off for some warranty work.

  99. #99
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    544
    @brankulo- hahah same as mine! so how is it now?

  100. #100
    mtbr member
    Reputation: brankulo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    1,421
    i am planing bigger ride friday so i will post after that. gonna take my spare seatpost with me for sure.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 28

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •