Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by cobiaracer View Post
    Are these adjustable seat post worth all the time and money it seems everyone is having to spend getting them to work?
    Absolutely! These guys are trying to fix unfixable issues - they had some runs where the bushings/seals were not within tolerances causing all the headaches. SEND IT BACK and get the right parts (what I did) and PROBLEM SOLVED. Now I just have to occasionally pack slick honey under the cap and that's it! 2 seasons and going strong with no taking apart/maintenance!

Have FUN!

G MAN
    "There's two shuttles, one to the top and one to the hospital" I LOVE this place!!!

mtbr member
    Mar 2010

DU bush not sitting flush.

Hi Guys,

I recently got a KS i900 seatpost 2nd hand for a steal. The post running up to the seat clam does have some scoring from the old roller bearings, but from what I have read this should not stop the post from working (perhaprs just not make it as slick as it should be). I've replaced the bearing, brass guides and the DU bush. The post now works again

The issue I'm having is that the DU bush does not sit flush with the main black outer seat post, there is about a 5mm gap. As a result the red cap does not screw down all the way & when the post is fully compressed the seat clamp reaches the red cap (and seal), which is not ideal. Has anyone else had this issue and is there a way to remedy it? I've checked & made sure that the bearing is fully seated. Apart from that the post is operational, but I'm not comfortable using the post with the bush not sitting 100% flush.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails KS Adjustable Seatpost Maintenance-ks-i900_img-20120515-00053.jpg  

Last edited by Super_mil; 05-17-2012 at 04:18 AM. Reason: Edit to add Title

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    Hey All, I think my 30.9 post is blown out. It is sinking 1.5" like like a suspension post would. So it comes up to the correct height, but then when I sit on it with any weight what so ever if drifts down. Is there any home repair I can do for this?

Meanwhile I had sent my 27.2 version off because it was doing the same thing, plus it had a lot of side to side movement after 2years. Finally the post came just came back after like 2 months, and the sinking if fixed, but it still has the side by side movement! I think they must have missed it because you only notice the substantial side to side play when the saddle is installed. Is there a way I can repair either of these problems myself? I now have two posts that don't work correctly!

I actually have a 3rd, a 31.6 KS post too, but no bike for that one!

catracho in aztecaland
    Quote Originally Posted by thegallery View Post
    Hey All, I think my 30.9 post is blown out. It is sinking 1.5" like like a suspension post would. So it comes up to the correct height, but then when I sit on it with any weight what so ever if drifts down. Is there any home repair I can do for this?

Meanwhile I had sent my 27.2 version off because it was doing the same thing, plus it had a lot of side to side movement after 2years. Finally the post came just came back after like 2 months, and the sinking if fixed, but it still has the side by side movement! I think they must have missed it because you only notice the substantial side to side play when the saddle is installed. Is there a way I can repair either of these problems myself? I now have two posts that don't work correctly!

I actually have a 3rd, a 31.6 KS post too, but no bike for that one!
    Send them back to Rick and make sure they fix 'em. No chance you will fix them by yourself.

Been there, done that.

P

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    Thanks, Rick has been great but they didn't have the parts for the 27.2 and it meant I didn't see it for 2 months. Meanwhile it's still usable so I'm reluctant to send it back because I can't find any others in the meantime. I have no choice with the 30.9 I guess, but I was hoping...

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by zazzique View Post
    From previous posts:
    same problem happened to me, no luck on the allen wrench. here's what i did:
    i did not remove my saddle to have leverage and tried to tightened the blue nut a little bit more , then loosen it again... try that over and over again eventually you can loosen the blue nut or even the red cap. but sometimes all you need is the blue nut to remove the shaft from the body

mtbr member
    May 2011
    I have a problem with my KS Dropzone. It will go all the way down but then it creeps up about 1.5-2 cm. Is there a quiq fix for this or should I send it back to the reseller?

inexperienced at large
    Apr 2011
    I have a little bit of verticle and lateral play, my bolts are all tight enough. any thoughts?

mtbr member
    Jul 2006

KS Adjustable Seatpost Maintenance

Play in the seat or in the post?

mtbr member
    Feb 2011

pumping the things up

When rebuilding these things in my opinion by far the most difficult part is getting the air back into them. Last night I had an epiphany (not an ellsworth). This is probably dangerous, you have no idea what pressure you put in but my is it easy to pressurise the post. With the bent needle, some heat shrink and being able to hold the needle in the hole easily (no flexy hose) I was able to pressurise the post first go. It had too much pressure, was difficult to compress and returned like a rocket so I bled a little gas out by turning out the silver cap you put the gas in through. It's working fantastically now, probably still a little firm to push down but return speed is great and the top out thud very reassuring. It's a CO2 can that you pump up tires with.
    KS Adjustable Seatpost Maintenance-ks-inflator.jpg

mtbr member

Any help?

Quote Originally Posted by ehigh View Post
    I have a little bit of verticle and lateral play, my bolts are all tight enough. any thoughts?
    Mine has started to do this as well. Has anyone fixed this issue on its own or is it something you have to send in for service?

mtbr member
    I also posted in the LEV thread before seeing this post...

Don't want to steal this thread but... I've been trying to get a part: the DU bushing for a 31.6 supernatural and the local distributors don't have it. I'm in Canada if that counts. I damaged the bushing after it fell off my workbench and spent some time on the floor... the thin bushing with the teflon is scrap now... If anyone has a spare or knows where there is one (for real!), please let me know.

Also, I just bought a new 27.2 supernatural for my other bike and the remote is a lot harder to push/activate than my 31.6. There is nothing wrong with the cable and housing front to back, I checked and double-checked. I don't know if there is a solution to this issue.

Thanks,

Johnnydrz

mtbr member

KS Adjustable Seatpost Maintenance

Quote Originally Posted by jdcatnau View Post
    Mine has started to do this as well. Has anyone fixed this issue on its own or is it something you have to send in for service?
    For what it's worth, I rode my bike yesterday and half way through my 12 mile ride the play went away. I checked this morning and still no play. Maybe it has to do with the way I was storing it (hanging on my garage wall by the front wheel with the seat post compressed)? Last night I left the post it the extended position leaning against the wall.

mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    Hi! I made the service as seen on your thread but I can not find where to buy that specific valve to put air in.

mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Yetii23 View Post
    Hi! I made the service as seen on your thread but I can not find where to buy that specific valve to put air in.
    And also can not find which the one hole is,the service I made was to put grease as seen at the marks at photo's.

mtbr member
    Dec 2013

Air valve

Quote Originally Posted by deanos View Post
    When rebuilding these things in my opinion by far the most difficult part is getting the air back into them. Last night I had an epiphany (not an ellsworth). This is probably dangerous, you have no idea what pressure you put in but my is it easy to pressurise the post. With the bent needle, some heat shrink and being able to hold the needle in the hole easily (no flexy hose) I was able to pressurise the post first go. It had too much pressure, was difficult to compress and returned like a rocket so I bled a little gas out by turning out the silver cap you put the gas in through. It's working fantastically now, probably still a little firm to push down but return speed is great and the top out thud very reassuring. It's a CO2 can that you pump up tires with.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ks inflator.jpg 
Views:	219 
Size:	95.4 KB 
ID:	798798
    can you please tell we're you bought that valve?thanks a,lot!

mtbr member
    Hello, my dropzone has become very stiff 1,5 cm from the top position and stops there.
    I tried to increase the air pressure but I had no luck because the air stucks into the pump and does't pass through the small pinhole. After some posts of a forum-member I noticed that the seatpost works fine when the top red cup is completely unscrewed. But when I screwed it even one turn, the problem rises again!!
    What should I do?
    Do you believe that the trick with the two holes under the bottom red cup is the solution?
    Why is happening now and not when I bought it?
    Ιs there a possibility to create a bigger problem if I drill the two holes?

mtbr member
    Anyone used a spring under the seat lever to help return it to locked position?, mine keeps sticking. New cable and used a mud lover cable outer to try to prolong it life.
    Rolling & Tumbling

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7